Three Appointed To Engineering Department Posts At Trus Joist Corp.
Sherman A. Nelson has been appointed chief corporate engineer at Trus Joist Corporation, according to a recent announcement by president Walter C. Minnick.
Mr. Nelson, a 15-year Trus Joist employee, will be responsible for supervising activities of the company's chief structural engineer and the systems performance engineer.
He will have final responsibility for establishing design values and performance criteria f o r all products manufactured and sold by Trus Joist Corporation.
Mr. Minnick also announced two other changes within Trus Joist's corporate engineering department.
Joe Piscione has been appointed chief structural engineer and Don Sharp has been named systems performance engineer.
Mr. Piscione will monitor all plant quality control procedures and will be the principal corporate technical advisor to division senior engineers. He will also monitor the performance and staffing adequacy of the company's engineering departments.
As systems performance engineer, Mr. Sharp will be the principal research evaluator of Trus Joist products and materials. He will also support the company's product development function.
Trus Joist C o r p o r a t i o n is a $ 1 0 0 - m i l l i o n Boise, Idaho-based manufacturer of structural building materials.
Other stories from April 15, 1980 issue
- U.S., Canada To Conduct Marine Transport Study page: 4
- French Group Receives $110-Million Offshore Rig Order From Soviet Union page: 6
- Hillman Launches 400th Barge For Crounse Corporation page: 6
- 122-Foot Trawler/Catcher Built By MARCO For Swasand-Mannes page: 9
- Gus Ruetenik Promoted To Environmental Products Manager At Seaward page: 11
- Information Is Available On Three New Doppler Speed Logs By Raytheon page: 11
- Newport News Launches Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier 'Carl Vinson' page: 12
- Top Officers Named At Bird-Johnson Company page: 12
- Halter Delivers 180-Foot Offshore Supply Boat To Pelham Marine page: 14
- New England Section SNAME Hosts Student Section Guests page: 14
- Wm. B. Morgan To Head Ship Performance Dept., Taylor Research Center page: 15
- Joint North Sea Service Operation Formed By Brostrom And Tor Line page: 16
- Zidell Receives Army Dredge Repair Contract page: 16
- Swiftships, Inc. Receives Contract For Two Additional MTU-Powered Ferries page: 18
- ASNE So. New England Section Meeting Features Discussion Of Polar-Class Icebreakers page: 18
- Kutzleb Forms New Company—Steadfast Marine Consulting, Inc. page: 18
- Low Pressure Tubeaxial Fan Bulletin Available From Industrial Air, Inc. page: 20
- Bell-Halter Delivers Surface Effect Ship To Corps Of Engineers page: 20
- Levingston To Build A $28.6-Million Jackup Rig For Dixilyn-Field page: 23
- Wartsila Receives Order For 45,200-Ton Product Tanker page: 23
- Brooksby And Tavrow Elected Senior Vice Presidents Of APL page: 25
- Ship Operations Symposium Set For Sept. 23-25 In NYC page: 25
- Northwest Towboat Association Elects Board Of Directors page: 26
- Literature Available On Master Clock System page: 26
- Gulf Fleet Marine Completes First Phase Of $61-Million Expansion page: 28
- Free Bulletin Gives Data On Heavy Duty Heating Coils page: 30
- New Brochure Describes Free Fall Lifeboat System page: 30
- McDermott And Protexa Form Joint Venture- Buy Three Large Barges page: 31
- B e l g i um Firm Buys T w o Jetfoils From Boeing M a r i n e Systems page: 32
- N e w M A R C O Oil Recovery System Used In Gulf page: 32
- Executive Changes At Energy Transportation Corp. page: 33
- COMSAT General Offers Free Color Brochure On Marisat Terminal page: 33
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Hears Paper On U.S. Coast Guard R&D Program page: 36
- Capital Expenditure Survey For U.S. Ports Published page: 36
- Halter Delivers First U.S. Survey Boat With Z-Drives page: 40
- Tracor, Inc. Receives $5-Million Navy Contract page: 40
- Laborde And Wardwell Elected To Lead NOIA page: 42
- Steve Scalzo Promoted To General Manager- Marine Operations At Fo page: 43
- Satellite Communications Cost Benefit Study Offered By Maritel page: 44
- J a p a n ' s NKK Building Two 6 0 , 0 0 0 - D W T Tankers For Chief Shipping Co. page: 45
- Three Key Promotions A n n o u n c e d At Seaworthy Engine Systems, Inc. page: 45
- Keel Laid At NASSCO For First Of Three 37,500-Ton Product Carriers page: 46
- Maritime Radio Technical Commission To Meet April 28-May 1 page: 46
- Graduate Student Paper Presented To SNAME L.A. Metropolitan Section page: 46
- Three Appointed To Engineering Department Posts At Trus Joist Corp. page: 47
- Literature Available On New Motorola 100-Watt Marine SSB Transceiver page: 47
- R.C. Kaminska And S.A. Wenk Join Bultema Dock & Dredge page: 48
- Improved Marine Boiler Reliability — Phase II page: 50