Literature Available On New Motorola 100-Watt Marine SSB Transceiver
Motorola is offering free literature on its new Triton 20 SSB marine transceiver which has 20 crystal positions, allowing up to 20 simplex or 10 duplex channels.
All marine frequencies between 2 and 9 MHz are available, and the international distress frequency (2,182 KHz) is built into each unit. Peak envelope power output is 100 watts.
This unit is more compact than previous Triton SSB models. The length is 14 inches; width, 10% inches; height, 3% inches; and weight is 17 pounds. Along with its small size, the unit has a low price, about two-thirds the price of the 24-channel Triton radio.
The Triton 20 SSB's broadband design allows full output and maximum receive sensitivity with no tuning. Electronic channel switching is another convenience, and a dimmer switch helps the operator see the channel selector at night. The constant SINAD squelch, which shuts out noise between messages, does not have to be readjusted as noise levels increase or decrease.
The Triton 20 SSB is modular, with plug-in connections f o r rapid servicing. Its metal housing is s p l a s h - r e s i s t a n t . Transmitter mode and frequency range setup are easily accomplished, during installation, with internal switches.
Frequency stability is + 20 Hz from - 2 0 ° C to +50°C. The Transceiver is FCC and DOC approved.
For complete literature, contact Dick Haberkorn, Motorola Distribution Center, 1303 East Algonquin Road, Schaumburg, 111.
Other stories from April 15, 1980 issue
- U.S., Canada To Conduct Marine Transport Study page: 4
- French Group Receives $110-Million Offshore Rig Order From Soviet Union page: 6
- Hillman Launches 400th Barge For Crounse Corporation page: 6
- 122-Foot Trawler/Catcher Built By MARCO For Swasand-Mannes page: 9
- Gus Ruetenik Promoted To Environmental Products Manager At Seaward page: 11
- Information Is Available On Three New Doppler Speed Logs By Raytheon page: 11
- Newport News Launches Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier 'Carl Vinson' page: 12
- Top Officers Named At Bird-Johnson Company page: 12
- Halter Delivers 180-Foot Offshore Supply Boat To Pelham Marine page: 14
- New England Section SNAME Hosts Student Section Guests page: 14
- Wm. B. Morgan To Head Ship Performance Dept., Taylor Research Center page: 15
- Joint North Sea Service Operation Formed By Brostrom And Tor Line page: 16
- Zidell Receives Army Dredge Repair Contract page: 16
- Swiftships, Inc. Receives Contract For Two Additional MTU-Powered Ferries page: 18
- ASNE So. New England Section Meeting Features Discussion Of Polar-Class Icebreakers page: 18
- Kutzleb Forms New Company—Steadfast Marine Consulting, Inc. page: 18
- Low Pressure Tubeaxial Fan Bulletin Available From Industrial Air, Inc. page: 20
- Bell-Halter Delivers Surface Effect Ship To Corps Of Engineers page: 20
- Levingston To Build A $28.6-Million Jackup Rig For Dixilyn-Field page: 23
- Wartsila Receives Order For 45,200-Ton Product Tanker page: 23
- Brooksby And Tavrow Elected Senior Vice Presidents Of APL page: 25
- Ship Operations Symposium Set For Sept. 23-25 In NYC page: 25
- Northwest Towboat Association Elects Board Of Directors page: 26
- Literature Available On Master Clock System page: 26
- Gulf Fleet Marine Completes First Phase Of $61-Million Expansion page: 28
- Free Bulletin Gives Data On Heavy Duty Heating Coils page: 30
- New Brochure Describes Free Fall Lifeboat System page: 30
- McDermott And Protexa Form Joint Venture- Buy Three Large Barges page: 31
- B e l g i um Firm Buys T w o Jetfoils From Boeing M a r i n e Systems page: 32
- N e w M A R C O Oil Recovery System Used In Gulf page: 32
- Executive Changes At Energy Transportation Corp. page: 33
- COMSAT General Offers Free Color Brochure On Marisat Terminal page: 33
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Hears Paper On U.S. Coast Guard R&D Program page: 36
- Capital Expenditure Survey For U.S. Ports Published page: 36
- Halter Delivers First U.S. Survey Boat With Z-Drives page: 40
- Tracor, Inc. Receives $5-Million Navy Contract page: 40
- Laborde And Wardwell Elected To Lead NOIA page: 42
- Steve Scalzo Promoted To General Manager- Marine Operations At Fo page: 43
- Satellite Communications Cost Benefit Study Offered By Maritel page: 44
- J a p a n ' s NKK Building Two 6 0 , 0 0 0 - D W T Tankers For Chief Shipping Co. page: 45
- Three Key Promotions A n n o u n c e d At Seaworthy Engine Systems, Inc. page: 45
- Keel Laid At NASSCO For First Of Three 37,500-Ton Product Carriers page: 46
- Maritime Radio Technical Commission To Meet April 28-May 1 page: 46
- Graduate Student Paper Presented To SNAME L.A. Metropolitan Section page: 46
- Three Appointed To Engineering Department Posts At Trus Joist Corp. page: 47
- Literature Available On New Motorola 100-Watt Marine SSB Transceiver page: 47
- R.C. Kaminska And S.A. Wenk Join Bultema Dock & Dredge page: 48
- Improved Marine Boiler Reliability — Phase II page: 50