Halter Delivers 180-Foot Offshore Supply Boat To Pelham Marine
Halter Marine, Inc., New Orleans, La., recently delivered the 180-foot supply vessel Lillian Pelham to her owners Pelham Marine, Inc. of New Orleans, La.
The all-steel supply boat carries 3,600 cubic feet of dry bulk mud in four Smatco vertical tanks and 73,000 gallons of liquid mud in two additional tanks.
The Lillian Pelham measures 180 feet in length, 40 feet in beam and 14 feet in depth. She is under 300 gross tons.
The vessel has a speed of 12 knots powered by her two GM16V- 149TI d i e s e l e n g i n e s d r i v i ng through Reintjes WAV800 reverse reduction gears with a ratio of 6:1. Maneuverability is enhanced by a 300-hp Murray and Tregurtha bowthruster driven by a GM8V-71N diesel engine.
The steering system is electrohydraulic with five control stations.
Two 125-kw g e n e r a t o rs driven by GM8V-71 diesels provide ample electric power for ship's services.
The wheelhouse is equipped with Decca RM914c radar, Drake TRM-1 SSB radio, Drake VHF radio, R a y t h e o n DE731 depth sounder, Epsco model 5070 Loran C, Sperry MK37 gyrocompass and a Ritchie 6-inch magnetic compass.
The Lillian Pelham has capac- ities for 100,000 gallons of fuel oil, 2,800 gallons of lube oil, 13,- 000 gallons of potable water and 125,000 gallons of ballast water.
The vessel is ABS classed, A-l, Maltese Cross, AMS full ocean towing, Circle E and is U.S. Public Health approved.
She was built by Halter Marine's Moss Point, Miss., Division, one of 10 shipyards owned and operated by Halter in the Southeastern United States.
Other stories from April 15, 1980 issue
- U.S., Canada To Conduct Marine Transport Study page: 4
- French Group Receives $110-Million Offshore Rig Order From Soviet Union page: 6
- Hillman Launches 400th Barge For Crounse Corporation page: 6
- 122-Foot Trawler/Catcher Built By MARCO For Swasand-Mannes page: 9
- Gus Ruetenik Promoted To Environmental Products Manager At Seaward page: 11
- Information Is Available On Three New Doppler Speed Logs By Raytheon page: 11
- Newport News Launches Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier 'Carl Vinson' page: 12
- Top Officers Named At Bird-Johnson Company page: 12
- Halter Delivers 180-Foot Offshore Supply Boat To Pelham Marine page: 14
- New England Section SNAME Hosts Student Section Guests page: 14
- Wm. B. Morgan To Head Ship Performance Dept., Taylor Research Center page: 15
- Joint North Sea Service Operation Formed By Brostrom And Tor Line page: 16
- Zidell Receives Army Dredge Repair Contract page: 16
- Swiftships, Inc. Receives Contract For Two Additional MTU-Powered Ferries page: 18
- ASNE So. New England Section Meeting Features Discussion Of Polar-Class Icebreakers page: 18
- Kutzleb Forms New Company—Steadfast Marine Consulting, Inc. page: 18
- Low Pressure Tubeaxial Fan Bulletin Available From Industrial Air, Inc. page: 20
- Bell-Halter Delivers Surface Effect Ship To Corps Of Engineers page: 20
- Levingston To Build A $28.6-Million Jackup Rig For Dixilyn-Field page: 23
- Wartsila Receives Order For 45,200-Ton Product Tanker page: 23
- Brooksby And Tavrow Elected Senior Vice Presidents Of APL page: 25
- Ship Operations Symposium Set For Sept. 23-25 In NYC page: 25
- Northwest Towboat Association Elects Board Of Directors page: 26
- Literature Available On Master Clock System page: 26
- Gulf Fleet Marine Completes First Phase Of $61-Million Expansion page: 28
- Free Bulletin Gives Data On Heavy Duty Heating Coils page: 30
- New Brochure Describes Free Fall Lifeboat System page: 30
- McDermott And Protexa Form Joint Venture- Buy Three Large Barges page: 31
- B e l g i um Firm Buys T w o Jetfoils From Boeing M a r i n e Systems page: 32
- N e w M A R C O Oil Recovery System Used In Gulf page: 32
- Executive Changes At Energy Transportation Corp. page: 33
- COMSAT General Offers Free Color Brochure On Marisat Terminal page: 33
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Hears Paper On U.S. Coast Guard R&D Program page: 36
- Capital Expenditure Survey For U.S. Ports Published page: 36
- Halter Delivers First U.S. Survey Boat With Z-Drives page: 40
- Tracor, Inc. Receives $5-Million Navy Contract page: 40
- Laborde And Wardwell Elected To Lead NOIA page: 42
- Steve Scalzo Promoted To General Manager- Marine Operations At Fo page: 43
- Satellite Communications Cost Benefit Study Offered By Maritel page: 44
- J a p a n ' s NKK Building Two 6 0 , 0 0 0 - D W T Tankers For Chief Shipping Co. page: 45
- Three Key Promotions A n n o u n c e d At Seaworthy Engine Systems, Inc. page: 45
- Keel Laid At NASSCO For First Of Three 37,500-Ton Product Carriers page: 46
- Maritime Radio Technical Commission To Meet April 28-May 1 page: 46
- Graduate Student Paper Presented To SNAME L.A. Metropolitan Section page: 46
- Three Appointed To Engineering Department Posts At Trus Joist Corp. page: 47
- Literature Available On New Motorola 100-Watt Marine SSB Transceiver page: 47
- R.C. Kaminska And S.A. Wenk Join Bultema Dock & Dredge page: 48
- Improved Marine Boiler Reliability — Phase II page: 50