Maumenee, Roy And Snellman Promoted At Alabama Dry Dock
The board of directors of Alabama Dry Dock and Shipbuilding Company recently elevated J.R.
Maumenee from president of the corporation to chairman of the board and chief executive officer; William J. Roy was elevated from vice president-operations to president of the corporation, and Julius A. Snellman was elevated from vice president-administration to executive vice president.
Mr. Maumenee, who has served as president since 1964, joined the company in 1946. He has also served as executive vice president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer.
He was named a director of the company in 1963.
Mr. Roy joined ADDSCO as an estimator in 1970 and was elected assistant vice president-operations in 1976, and vice president-operations in 1978.
Mr. Snellman, who has served as vice president-administration since 1976, joined the company in 1954 as manager of data processing.
He has also served as auditor, assistant to the president, and secretary of the corporation.
The following officers were reelected: M.A. Quina, vice president- sales; F.A. Dooley, vice president- finance and treasurer; J.C.
Broadus, controller; Jeanette H.
Wakefield, secretary; and Walter R. Meigs, assistant secretary.
Other stories from August 15, 1980 issue
- Red Fox Will Build Jackup Barges At Newly Acquired Yard page: 6
- James Steadman Joins Halter Marine As VP For Special Assignments page: 6
- Simrad Introduces New Trawl Echo Recorder- Literature Available page: 8
- Robert Strasser Joins MacGregor, U.S.A. As Technical Director page: 8
- Bird-Johnson Appoints Richard E. McGinnis A Trustee And Director page: 9
- Halifax Shipyards Gets C$27-Million Order For Three Stern Trawlers page: 9
- Advanced Design Product Tanker Launched At Sun Ship page: 10
- Coast Guard Approves Butterworth Systems Oil/Water Separators page: 10
- New Bulletin Describes Improved Diesel Cylinder Liner Plating Process page: 10
- Army Permit Clears W a y For Deep-Draft Terminal In Galveston page: 12
- Shipyard Finds Safe Product Without Sacrificing Performance page: 12
- Zapata To Acquire Offshore Services Ltd. From Trafalgar House page: 13
- ITO Announces Six Promotions—R.J. Nolan Named Executive VP page: 15
- Technical Report On Sea-Shed Conversions Available From MarAd page: 15
- Ogden Equips Fleet With Satellite Navigators page: 15
- Nav-Com Relocates To Larger Quarters page: 16
- Maumenee, Roy And Snellman Promoted At Alabama Dry Dock page: 18
- Appledore And DnV To Assist In Operation Of Okpo Shipyard page: 18
- Michigan Wheel Announces Formation Of Propulsion Systems Group page: 18
- Marland Has New MSD For Smaller Vessels- Literature Available page: 20
- Waller & Associates To Provide Engineering Services For Ingram page: 20
- San Francisco To Build New Fireboat Designed By Morris Guralnick page: 21
- Halter Delivered 30 Big Commercial Vessels In First Half Of 1980 page: 22
- James Rhodes Appointed Communications Director For Navidyne Corp. page: 22
- B&W Yard Given Danish Gov't Guarantee For Bulk Carrier Construction page: 24
- Transoceanic Designated As U.S. Forwarder For NACAP Project page: 26
- Griff Lee, McDermott VP, Elected To National Academy Of Engineering page: 28
- James J . Murphy Named VP-Marketing For General Dynamics' Marine Group page: 28
- Lucander And Dowhos Form Design Association page: 29
- American Manufacturing Announces Three Sales Appointments page: 32
- Gene Ossi Establishes New Automation Firm- Brochure Available page: 32
- Trikora Lloyd Buys Three Ships At Total Cost Of $45 Million page: 32
- Michael Warren Joins Farboil As National Accounts Manager page: 32
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Towboat To Pleasants Power Station page: 34
- Dillingham Forms New Subsidiary To Operate In Gulf Coast Area page: 34
- Hydranautics Awarded BP Magnus Field Platform Contract page: 34
- Collins Elected President And General Manager Of Houston Systems Mfg. page: 34
- Multipurpose Cargo Vessel 'Sarita' Delivered By Hitachi page: 34
- David Jackson Appointed Vice President For Sun State Marine page: 37
- New MMC Gauging System Meets IMCO Guidelines- Literature Available page: 37
- Farrell Lines Announces Three New Appointments— Breslin To VP-Controller page: 38
- Gaston Joins Bulkfleet Marine As Manager Of Engineering Services page: 38
- Three New Managers Appointed By CDI Marine Company page: 39
- Hayward Marine Products New Name For Former Mechanical Marine page: 39
- Miles Heads Barber Blue Sea Activities In North America page: 40
- First Vessel Extruded From Covered Hall At Cammell Laird page: 40
- McDermott Division Gets Two Contracts For Irish Sea Gas Projects page: 41
- New Company Plans To Build Two Bulk/Container Ships At Cost Of $156 Million page: 42
- Cameron Refits Drill Rig 'Western Pacesetter II' In Record-Breaking Five Days page: 42
- Carriere Named Manager Of Lykes M&R Division In San Francisco page: 44
- Evergreen Handt Merged Into Evergreen Marine— Hansen Named President page: 44