Dixie Dredge Delivers Four Vessels To Egyptian Dredging
The Dixie Dredge Corporation of St. Louis, a subsidiary of Pott Industries' St. Louis Ship Division, Houston Natural Gas Corporation, recently affirmed the shipment of the first of five dredge tender boats, two crewboats, and the second of five dredges to the Egyptian Dredging Company of Cairo, Egypt.
The announcement was made by Dixie Dredge president Jack T.
The dredge tenders, designed by William G. Preston of Marine Power, Inc. of Gulf Breeze, Fla.
and built under subcontract from Dixie Dredge by T.D. Vinnette Company of Escanaba, Mich., are 36 feet long and are powered by a Cummins N-855-M diesel engine developing 195 bhp at 1,800 rpm.
The tenders are equipped with a 10,000-pound-capacity A - f r a me with winch f o r lifting dredge equipment and cargo.
The two crewboats shipped to Egypt earlier this summer also were designed by Mr. Preston, and built by AAA Builders, Inc.
of Pascagoula, Miss. Each boat is 32 feet long and powered by a GM-Detroit Diesel Allison engine developing 128 bhp at 2,800 rpm.
The crewboats each carry 20 passengers, protected from the weather by a canvas awning.
The dredge tenders and crewboats were subcontracted by Dixie Dredge in conjunction with its $3.5-million contract to supply dredges, supporting equipment, and spare parts to the Egyptian Dredging Company. Financing of the purchase was accomplished by a U.S. State Department A.I.D.
Loan and Grant.
The dredges employ a "tilting spuds systems" that allows them to pass under bridges and other obstacles without the need to remove their spuds. The hull side sections for the dredges are being built by Egyptian Dredging.
For further information and free literature on dredging equipment, write to Jim Bishop, Dept.
M.R., The Dixie Dredge Corporation, 8224 Polk Street, St. Louis, Mo. 63111.
Other stories from September 15, 1980 issue
- MMS Forms Subsidiary To Serve Clients In United Kingdom/Europe page: 4
- J.M. Colonell Appointed Senior Project Engineer For Woodward-Clyde page: 4
- Third Navy Destroyer Tender Launched At NASSCO Yard page: 6
- SSI Introduces Emergency Anchor Windlass System- Literature Available page: 6
- F. Shepherd Promoted At Designers & Planners— Pramud Rawat Joins Firm page: 7
- Canonie Forms New Subsidiary- Appoints Three New Executives page: 10
- Armco Restructures Western Steel Division Into Three Groups page: 10
- Toronto Firm Proposes Truck/Trailer RO/RO Run Across Lake Ontario page: 11
- Avondale Lays Keel For Fourth Navy Fleet Oiler page: 12
- TBW Industries Gets $5-Million Order For SMATCO Deck Equipment page: 12
- Thomas Ternes Joins Guralnick Associates As Supervisory Engineer page: 13
- HUD Moves Head Office To Tsing Yi Island— Kowloon Yard Closed page: 13
- Multi-Purpose Mobilization Ship page: 14
- S/S 'United States'— A Second Life For World's Fastest Passenger Liner? page: 14
- Dixie Dredge Delivers Four Vessels To Egyptian Dredging page: 18
- Twin Disc Forms New Task Force To Market Marine Transmissions page: 18
- Quality Delivers Towing/Supply Vessel To Gulf Fleet Marine page: 18
- New Company Will Offer Underwater Vehicle Inspection Services page: 22
- Ferrous Has Proportioning Pump For Fuel Additive- Literature Available page: 22
- Joseph Quinn Named President Of Reorganized Devoe Marine Coatings page: 23
- Furuno Radar Simulator Installed At California Maritime Academy page: 23
- Boeing Jetfoil Sold To Argentine Owner—Christened Montevideo Jet page: 24
- National Supply Patents Subsea Template System —Literature Available page: 25
- Hitachi Gets Jackup Rig Orders From Danish And Netherlands Owners page: 26
- E.H. Barron Joins Overseas Enterprises As Director Of Chartering page: 26
- New Brochure On Gears And Gear Units Now Available From Farrel page: 26
- Promet Gets Repeat Orders From Two U.S. Companies page: 28
- New Jackup Drilling Rig page: 30
- AWO's Shipyard Conference Honors Renshaw For Leadership page: 30
- Wichita Has PTOs For Large Diesel Engines- Literature Available page: 32
- New UPSCO Shipyard Begins Production page: 36
- Bath Saves Time-Money With New Ship Insulation —Literature Available page: 38
- Lance Melik Appointed Director Of Marketing For Twin Disc, Inc. page: 38
- MTC '80 page: 40
- Rockwell Publishes New Cast Steel Valve Catalog page: 42
- MarAd Awards CDS For Mormac Conversions To Cost $4.4 Million Total page: 42
- New Brochure Explaining Combustion Catalysts Available From Ferrous page: 42
- MarAd Study Reports $9.8 Billion Needed To Expand U.S. Ports page: 43
- Coal-Burning Bulkers Ordered From Yards In Italy And Japan page: 48
- CDI Marine Awarded Navy Design Contracts Totaling $3.2 Million page: 48
- Tacoma Boat To Build Nine USCG Cutters At Cost Of $646 Million page: 50
- Michigan Wheel Will Market Bow Thrusters —Literature Available page: 51
- U.S. Yards Invited To Bid On First Maritime Prepositioning Ships page: 51
- Dravo Lays Keel For Towboat Ordered By People's Republic Of China page: 52
- Jeffboat-Built 'Conti-Karla7 Christened At Chicago's Navy Pier page: 53
- Mid-Coast Marine Delivers Second Trawler And Tugboat page: 54