Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman
Carmen Guide Jr. has been named president and chief executive officer of Lake Shore, Inc. of Iron Mountain/Kingsford, Mich. He replaces James T. Malsack, who has been appointed chairman of the board of directors.
Mr. Guide began his Lake Shore career in 1961 as a sales manager for marine products, with headquarters in New York City. In 1965 he was transferred to the company's headquarters and appointed assistant manager of the Marine Division. He returned to New York in 1966 as marketing manager for all manufactured products. He became vice president- marine in 1971, was elected to the board of directors in 1972, and in 1973 was named executive vice president.
Mr. Malsack joined Lake Shore in 1951 as assistant to the president. He was named vice president in 1953 and in 1958 became treasurer.
He was appointed executive vice president in 1959 and became president and chief executive officer in 1972. Former chairman of the board B.W. Reeve will continue to serve as a board member.
Other stories from January 15, 1984 issue
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51