Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design
An anchor-handling/tug-supply vessel with rescue and antipollution features, the Val Cadore, was launched recently at the Viareggio, Italy, yard of Societa Esercizio Cantieri (SEC). Built for Cispa Gas Transport S.p.A. of Trieste, the vessel is a new SEC design for the Italian flag, propelled by four medium-speed, heavy-fuel Wartsila Vasa diesel engines, type 8R22HF, developing a total of 6,400 bhp at 1,000 rpm. The engines are able to burn fuel oil of 1,500 seconds Redwood 1 without limitations.
Speed at full load is expected to be 15 knots with all four engines operating, and 13 knots with only two engines in use.
Reduction gears were supplied by Tacke and controllable-pitch propellers in Kort nozzles by Berg.
Two electro-hydraulic, Berg c-p bow thrusters, each of 300 hp, two Tenfjord rotary-vane, independent steering gears, and the two main propellers can be controlled remotely by an ASEA computerized "joystick" system.
The Val Cadore has an overall length of 65.25 meters, beam of 13.95 meters, and depth of 6.30 meters (214 by 45.77 by 20.67 feet).
Other stories from January 15, 1984 issue
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51