Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success"
Europort 83, the 21st International Maritime Exhibition that was held recently at the RAI International Exhibition Centre in Amsterdam, was a resounding success in all respects, according to the organizer. At the close of the exhibition, many companies that had exhibited confirmed that they were well satisfied with the results they had achieved.
Europort is said to be the largest maritime exhibition in the world. The latest show, organized for the first time by RAI Gebouw BV, attracted just under 55,000 visitors from 74 countries.
The Europort Congress on International Maritime Finance was also attended by financial and maritime experts from all over the world. The many other special events held during Europort 83, such as the Maritime Technology Meeting Day, the meeting of the Royal Netherlands Shipowners Association, the CEDA Dredging Days, and a combined dinner and symposium for the fishing industry, were all regarded by their respective organizers as extremely successful.
The last day of the exhibition was known as the Inland Waterways Day. The masters of more than 500 inland waterways vessels took part in a visit to the exhibition and a program on reducing fuel costs and other matters.
The next Europort exhibition will be held at the RAI Halls November 12-16, 1985.
Other stories from January 15, 1984 issue
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51