Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies
Brown & Root Inc. of Houston has formed a joint venture in Holland with its Netherland subsidiary and two Dutch shipyards to pursue work in the Dutch sector of the North Sea. Brown & Root, a Halliburton Company, is one of the world's largest and most diversified engineering and construction companies.
The new joint venture, Building Combination Nederlands B.V.
(BCN) is composed of Brown & Root Nederland B.V., Nederlandse Scheepsbouw Maatschappij B.V.
(NSM) and Constructiegroep Noord Nederland B.V. (CNN). The company will design, engineer, fabricate, install and hook up platforms in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
BCN has an authorized share capital of 1 million Dutch guilders.
Shareholding is divided equally among the three companies of the joint venture. BCN will operate from NSM offices at 73 Klaprozenweg, Amsterdam. NSM is a major Dutch shipbuilder and fabricator, and CNN is an amalgamation of two Dutch fabricators and shipbuilders in Northern Holland.
Managing directors of the new company are V.F. Hill of Brown & Root, H. Ketting of N.S.M. and E.B. Schmied of CNN.
Other stories from January 15, 1984 issue
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51