Krupp Atlas Elektronic Introduces Four New Advanced Radars
Krupp Atlas Elektronik, recently announced they have four new advanced radars designed for ships of any size or class, the Atlas Rasterscan 7600/8600 Series. All represent a significant technological breakthrough in contemporary marine radar design by offering continuous true daylight rasterscan display on a 16-inch screen, resulting in a quality of presentation superior to a conventional TV picture.
Comprising RM, TM and two ARPA models, the ergonomically designed Series incorporates latest advances in signal processing techniques in addition to its revolutionary rasterscan display concept. Each conforms to, or exceeds, IMO, USCG and other leading internationally recognized specifications and is capable of operating over ranges of between 0.3 and 72nm.
Models are of compact console-type design and may be operated in either sitting or standing position via a simplified membranebased control panel and integrated display for interactive guidance.
Both RM and TM models provide for the manual acquisition of up to 10 targets as well as semi-automatic plotting with target data readout, including CPA and TCPA.
The 7600 Series ARPA version similarly permits manual acquisition of up to 10 targets while providing fully automatic tracking facilities.
The unit also allows for the checking of guard zones for automatic warning of closing targets.
These characteristics have been further extended with the 8600 Series ARPA, which is specifically designed to exceed basic IMO requirements and may also be configured for use in integrated navigation systems or stationary radar surveillance centers for the monitoring of rivers, harbors or coastal approaches.
For complete details and information on the new 7600/8600 models, Circle 65 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 15, 1984 issue
- Ritter Joins NMS Shipyard Division As Sales Rep page: 5
- Free Color Brochure Introduces New Stal Refrigeration Plant page: 5
- Valmet Forms Subsidiary In Houston To Serve U.S. Offshore Industry page: 6
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Annual Dinner-Dance Scheduled For June 16 page: 6
- Stewart & Stevenson Inc. Appointed Distributors For M W M Series 500 Engines page: 7
- Kone To Build Multipurpose Double-Boom Crane For Port Of Jacksonville page: 7
- Nickum & Spaulding Announces New Executive Appointments — Philip Spaulding Named Chairman page: 7
- Color Brochure Offered Free From HITCO page: 8
- Newport News Lays Keel For USS Newport News (SSN 750) page: 8
- Marco Seattle Signs Contract To Build All-Steel Workboat page: 10
- Double Naming Ceremony Held At Far East Levingston Shipbuilding page: 10
- Volvo Penta Duoprop Now Available For Workboat Applications page: 11
- Diversified Capabilities Offered By Port Allen Marine Service page: 12
- SNAME San Diego Section Hears Paper On Sheathing Hulls With Copper-Nickel page: 14
- Marine Safe Electronics Offers Free Literature On 'Fail-Safe' Line page: 14
- Prock Appointed Vice President/General Manager For Foss Alaska Line page: 15
- Moss Point Marine Launches First Of Two Utility Boats For Argosy page: 15
- 1984 RTCM ASSEMBLY page: 16
- OTC Begins Study Of HP's Response To Wave Forces page: 19
- Hagglunds Cranes Ordered For Rapid Deployment Force MSC Vessels page: 20
- Navigation & Communications Equipment page: 22
- PIMA Hosts New York Luncheon On Behalf Of British Shipbuilders page: 43
- Peter Goetz Appointed General Manager Of Electro Dynamic page: 43
- First Marathon Super 300 Jackup Now Drilling In Gulf Of Mexico page: 44
- Anixter Bros. Publishes New Buyers Guide Of Products For Business Communications page: 44
- U.S.-Based Repair Service Introduced by Cityvarvet AB page: 45
- Sternwheeler Landing Queen Delivered By Walker Marine Yard page: 46
- J.L. Konopasek Announces New Organization page: 46
- New Non-Asbestos High- Temperature Valve Packing Developed By John Crane — Literature Available page: 49
- Krupp Atlas Elektronic Introduces Four New Advanced Radars page: 49
- Mueller Steam Specialty Introduces Duplex Strainers — Literature Available page: 49
- Bulk Carrier Century Hope Delivered By Mitsui To Hong Kong Owner page: 50
- Saab Control Systems Ordered For Wilhelmsen Product Carriers page: 50
- High-Speed Catamaran Crewboat Delivered By Fjellstrand page: 55