Moss Point Marine Launches First Of Two Utility Boats For Argosy
Moss Point Marine recently launched the first of two 140-foot by 32-foot by 11-foot utility boats for Argosy Offshore, Ltd., of Lafayette, La. The Argosy Mate will be joined in the very near future by the Argosy Chief. These two vessels will complete a five-boat package for Argosy by Moss Point Marine, of Escatawpa, Miss., which included three 181-foot supply vessels already on the job in the Gulf of Mexico.
Both the Mate and the Chief will be outfitted with two GM 16V92 diesel engines rated at 600 shaft horsepower each supplied by George Engine Co., along with twin disc reduction gears on a 5:1 ratio. The package includes a Harbormaster BT-200 150 horsepower bowthruster and 75-kw generators.
The propulsion system is completed with 4-V2 inch shafts, Cutlass main shaft bearings, B.F.
Goodrich Cutlass stern bearings, and two stainless-steel Coolidge (60 by 53) four-bladed propellers from Donovan Boat.
The USCG certified vessels will each have 92 feet by 25 feet of clear deck space. Capacities for both the Mate and Chief include: 33,400 gallons fuel; 1,160 barrels of liquid mud and 65,200 gallons of fresh water.
The ultra modern electronics gear furnished by Frank L. Beier Radio features: A Furuno FR-711 radar, Raytheon VHF, Motorola D80SSB, Furuno LC-80 Loran, SSI monitor and alarm system, and a Ritchie 8-inch magnetic compass.
Upon delivery, the Argosy Mate and the Argosy Chief are slated for duty in the Gulf.
Other stories from May 15, 1984 issue
- Ritter Joins NMS Shipyard Division As Sales Rep page: 5
- Free Color Brochure Introduces New Stal Refrigeration Plant page: 5
- Valmet Forms Subsidiary In Houston To Serve U.S. Offshore Industry page: 6
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Annual Dinner-Dance Scheduled For June 16 page: 6
- Stewart & Stevenson Inc. Appointed Distributors For M W M Series 500 Engines page: 7
- Kone To Build Multipurpose Double-Boom Crane For Port Of Jacksonville page: 7
- Nickum & Spaulding Announces New Executive Appointments — Philip Spaulding Named Chairman page: 7
- Color Brochure Offered Free From HITCO page: 8
- Newport News Lays Keel For USS Newport News (SSN 750) page: 8
- Marco Seattle Signs Contract To Build All-Steel Workboat page: 10
- Double Naming Ceremony Held At Far East Levingston Shipbuilding page: 10
- Volvo Penta Duoprop Now Available For Workboat Applications page: 11
- Diversified Capabilities Offered By Port Allen Marine Service page: 12
- SNAME San Diego Section Hears Paper On Sheathing Hulls With Copper-Nickel page: 14
- Marine Safe Electronics Offers Free Literature On 'Fail-Safe' Line page: 14
- Prock Appointed Vice President/General Manager For Foss Alaska Line page: 15
- Moss Point Marine Launches First Of Two Utility Boats For Argosy page: 15
- 1984 RTCM ASSEMBLY page: 16
- OTC Begins Study Of HP's Response To Wave Forces page: 19
- Hagglunds Cranes Ordered For Rapid Deployment Force MSC Vessels page: 20
- Navigation & Communications Equipment page: 22
- PIMA Hosts New York Luncheon On Behalf Of British Shipbuilders page: 43
- Peter Goetz Appointed General Manager Of Electro Dynamic page: 43
- First Marathon Super 300 Jackup Now Drilling In Gulf Of Mexico page: 44
- Anixter Bros. Publishes New Buyers Guide Of Products For Business Communications page: 44
- U.S.-Based Repair Service Introduced by Cityvarvet AB page: 45
- Sternwheeler Landing Queen Delivered By Walker Marine Yard page: 46
- J.L. Konopasek Announces New Organization page: 46
- New Non-Asbestos High- Temperature Valve Packing Developed By John Crane — Literature Available page: 49
- Krupp Atlas Elektronic Introduces Four New Advanced Radars page: 49
- Mueller Steam Specialty Introduces Duplex Strainers — Literature Available page: 49
- Bulk Carrier Century Hope Delivered By Mitsui To Hong Kong Owner page: 50
- Saab Control Systems Ordered For Wilhelmsen Product Carriers page: 50
- High-Speed Catamaran Crewboat Delivered By Fjellstrand page: 55