Tracor Marine Awarded $2.5-Million MSC Contract To Operate Research Ship
Tracor Marine, Inc. a subsidiary of Tracor, Inc., has received a contract from the Military Sealift Command to man, operate, and maintain the research vessel Lulu for Submarine Development Group One based in San Diego. The contract will bring the company in excess of $2.5 million over the next five-year period according to William C.
Moyer, group vice president for Tracor Applied Sciences.
The Lulu is a 105-foot catamaran type vessel, serving as the support ship for two Deep Submergence Vehicles (DSV), the Turtle (DSV-3) and the Sea Cliff (DSV-4), which operate worldwide in pursuit of deep-ocean search, location, and recovery.
The contract will be administered through the Ocean Technology Division in the Fort Lauderdale offices of Tracor Marine in Port Everglades, Fla., said Tracor Marine president Joseph D. Deal Jr.
Program manager will be Owen A.
Other stories from January 15, 1985 issue
- Call For Papers Issued By SNAME New England For Computer Symposium page: 4
- Couch Named President Of Matson Navigation— Wasacz President Of A&B page: 5
- SecNav Lehman Announces Contract Awards Totaling Almost $2 Billion page: 5
- Hyde Names Two New Vice Presidents page: 6
- Another Fast Delaware Pilots Boat Delivered By Gladding-Hearn Yard page: 6
- Hyundai To Build Four Rigs For ODECO At Total Cost Of $260 Million page: 7
- RDI Announces $15-Million Agreement With China For Electronic Shipping Safety Systems page: 7
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers Attack Submarine 'Olympia' page: 8
- Fifth Generation Of Family Named To Executive Posts At Hughes Companies page: 8
- Butterworth Announces A New SCAMP Underwater Hull Cleaning Station page: 8
- New Chief Seattle Fireboat Provides High-Speed Response page: 10
- New York Port Engineers' Society Tours MarineSafety Simulators page: 11
- Todd Awarded $30 Million By Navy To Modify First Aviation Support Vessel page: 11
- COMPUTERIZED VESSEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS page: 14
- Ingram Purchases Assets Of Ohio Barge Line And Mon-Valley Transportation page: 22
- Marconi Introduces The New Oceanray SAT-COM page: 22
- Bay-Houston Towing Offers 'Port Reference Handbook' For Six Gulf Ports page: 23
- Eisert Named To Head General Electric's New Navy Programs Section page: 26
- Daewoo To Build Tanker For Norwegian Company For $40 Million page: 26
- Tracor Marine Awarded $2.5-Million MSC Contract To Operate Research Ship page: 28
- Navy Awards Bell Aerospace Textron $27.3-Million Contract For New Minesweeper Hunter page: 28
- Gerard M. McAllister 1910-1984 page: 29
- Diesel Engine Manufacturers Continue To Improve The Fuel Efficiency Of Their Engines page: 30
- Sea Data Corporation Introduces Deep Sea Instrumentation Cable page: 46
- Kastalon Offers New Brochure On Polyurethane Crane Bumpers page: 47
- Goodway Offers New Catalog On Tube Cleaning Systems And Pressure Washers page: 47