N e w W o r l d w i d e Distributor N e t w o rk For EMD Power Products
—Free Literature Available— A new worldwide distributor network that will sell and service EMD engines, generators and motors in the marine, industrial and oil drilling markets has been established by the Electro-Motive Division (EMD) of General Motors to increase flexibility and improve customer service.
Distributors, with their authorized parts sales and service centers, will provide local availability of genuine EMD parts and rebuild components in assigned areas of responsibility.
They will handle all direct sales and field service activities, including technical assistance and "hands on" maintenance.
Distributors will market EMD power products, engines and accessories They will take basic components, furnished by EMD, and custom assemble them for specific applications.
This will provide flexibility in customizing designs to meet specific customer requirements for EMD products. Basic components development will continue to be handled by EMD's central engineering staff, thereby ensuring customers will be getting state-of-the-art equipment.
An EMD sales and service staff for power products will be headquartered in LaGrange, 111. This group will provide sales, technical service, and engineering support to distributors.
Most of the distributors, who are assigned a specific territory of sales and service responsibility (see illustration for details), will carry both EMD and Detroit Diesel Corporation products, providing customers a full line of engines with a broad power range.
Kelly Jones, EMD power products business manager, said, "There are a lot of companies in the marketplace right now representing themselves as suppliers of EMD products. It's important for power products customers to know that EMD's new distributors and their assigned parts sales and service centers are the only ones authorized by GM to sell genuine EMD products." The following is a listing of the new distributors. For free literature detailing the EMD power products offered by the distributor, circle the corresponding Reader Service Number immediately following the address.
U.S. East Coast—Power Systems Division, Morrison-Knudsen Co., Inc., P.O. Box 1928, Rocky Mount, N.C. 27801; telephone: (919) 977-2720; twx: 510-929-0725; fax: 919-446-3830. EMD contact: Milt Sharpe.
Circle 10 on Reader Service Card U.S. Midwest, South, Mexico and Central America — Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc., 2707 North Loop West, P.O. Box 1637, Houston, Texas 77251-1637; telephone: (713) 868-7700; telex: 794221; fax: 713-868-7692. EMD contact: Tommy Wall. Or, contact: Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc., 1400 Destrehan Ave., Harvey, La.
70059; telephone: (504) 347-4326; fax: 504-348-8970. EMD contact: Ralston Cole.
Circle 11 on Reader Service Card U.S. Midwest, North—Valley Detroit Diesel Allison, 13644 East Nelson Avenue, City Industry, Calif. 91744; telephone: (818) 333- 1243; twx: 910-584-1318; fax: 818- 369-7096. EMD contact: Lee Arkus.
Circle 12 on Reader Service Card U.S. West Coast, Baja Peninsula, Alaska and Hawaii—Western Engine Company, Energy Systems Corporation, 500 South Lombard Road, Addison, 111. 60101; telephone: (312) 620-2000; telex: 728468; fax: 312-620-0287. EMD contact: Bob Bowles.
Circle 14 on Reader Service Card Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, New Guinea, Philippines and Malaysia — Detroit Engine & Turbine Co., P.O. Box 188, Blair Athol, South Australia 5084, Australia; telephone: 260-2299; telex: 790-82427; fax: 349-4142. EMD contact: Ray Dawkins.
Circle 15 on Reader Service Card Canada — Midwest Power Products, Ltd., 1460 Waverly Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 3G6; telephone: (204) 452- 8244; telex: 075-7726; fax: 204-452- 2153. EMD contact: Bryan Norrie.
C i r c l e 1 6 on R e a d e r S e r v i c e C a rd Brazil—Retnam Diesel, Rua Dr. Alfredo de Castro 200, Sao Paolo Cep 01155, Brazil; telephone: 671- 151; telex: 112-4985; fax: 825-1816.
EMD contact: Paulo Sampaio.
C i r c l e 1 7 o n R e a d e r S e r v i c e C a rd Europe, Middle East and North Africa—Turner Diesel, Ltd., 65 Craigton Road, Glasgow G51 3EQ, Scotland, United Kingdom; telephone: 440-0666; telex: 851-778742; fax: 445-4123. EMD contact: Stan Quinn.
C i r c l e 1 8 on R e a d e r S e r v i c e Card
Other stories from April 1989 issue
- Balehi Marine Converts Crewboat Into Party Charter Yacht 'Celebrity' page: 4
- New MIG Welding Power Sources Use Single Phase, AC Power page: 5
- Combustion Engineering, Alsthom Plan Joint Boiler Manufacturing Business page: 5
- N e w High-Efficiency Incinerators Introduced By H a m w o r t h y Offer Solution To On-Board Waste page: 6
- Fincantieri Delivers Rail/Car/Passenger Ferry To Italian State Railways page: 6
- Harris Introduces New Remote Control Unit For Its RF-3200 SSB Radio page: 8
- SNAME Opens Membership Doors page: 10
- Blount M a r i n e To Build Ultramodern Dinner Boat page: 11
- Lykes Bros. Acquires Argonaut Line, Parent Company Of Farrell page: 11
- Fjellstrand Wins Order For Two High-Speed Passenger Catamarans page: 12
- Peterson Builders A w a r d ed $ 1 8 5 - M i l l i o n N a v y Contract To Build Three More MCMs page: 12
- Ocean Specialty To Charter U.S.-Flag Product Carriers From OMI, Hvide Shipping page: 14
- Acurex Sea Trials Meter Provides User With Complete Versatility page: 14
- Navy's Newest T-AGOS Christened At Tacoma Boat page: 15
- Literature Available On New Marine Products Made From 'Orkot' page: 15
- USCG Ammends Illegal Drug Policy For Commercial Fishing page: 16
- Comsat Names Taricco Western Region Manager, Maritime Industries Sales page: 16
- Bird-Johnson Wins Contract To Supply T-AO Class Propellers page: 16
- Dr. Daniel True Appointed Senior Research Civil Engineer At NCEL page: 18
- TTS Receives $5.5-Million Contract In Shipyard Modernization page: 18
- Apelco's Color Fishfinder/ Plotter Is Powerhouse In A Small Package page: 18
- Allied Shipbuilders Delivers Caterpillar-Powered Tug page: 20
- JJH Awarded Navy Pact For Design Services For Lead Minehunter Ship page: 21
- New Brochure Outlines Worldwide Capabilities Of Drew Ameroid Marine page: 21
- Furuno Introduces N e w Line Of Medium-Size Radars And N ew V i d e o Sounder W i t h Etched CRT page: 22
- KaMeWa Expands Product Range Through Licensing Agreement page: 22
- OTC '89 SPECIAL PREVIEW page: 25
- Soundcoat Introduces Quilted Barrier Absorber page: 40
- $2.2-Million Conversion Contract Completed For Indian Firm By Keppel page: 42
- Banck Named President, TANO Marine Systems page: 42
- Red Fox Offers Free 20-Page Brochure On Marine Sanitation Systems page: 43
- Meyer Werft Books Order To Convert Car Carrier Into Livestock Carrier page: 46
- Bender Inc. Offers Literature On Electrical Safety Monitoring Systems page: 46
- Hvide Shipping Requests Bids From 14 U.S. Shipyards For Tanker Reconstruction page: 48
- Furuno Introduces New 14-Inch Weatherfax page: 49
- Free StartMaster Literature Describes User Benefits Of Air Starting Systems page: 49
- Detroit Diesel Introduces Three N e w High-Speed Engines page: 50
- 'Naval Engineering Into The Next Century' page: 54
- INTERCON To Build Cranes For U.S. Navy's T-ACS Crane Ship Program page: 62
- Free Pamphlet Details How To Buy DoD Surplus Personal Property page: 64
- JJH Names John Dachos To Management Staff Of Cherry Hill, N.J., Office page: 64
- Flagg Offers Catalog On Complete Line Of Fittings And Flanges page: 66
- Jeffboat To Reopen Shipyard; Will Resume Construction Of Barges And Towboats page: 68
- Furuno Introduces N e w 6-Inch And 8-Inch Dual-Frequency Color V i d e o Sounders page: 69
- Atlantic Marine To Lease ADDSCO Industries Ship Repair Yard In Mobile, Ala. page: 70
- New Cold Welding Repair Material Offered page: 70
- Rados International Designing Cummins-Powered Fireboat For City Of Los Angeles page: 72
- Seacoast Electric Offers Marine Cable And Service Brochures page: 73
- SeaArk Marine Delivers First Five Patrol Boats Of Ten-Vessel Contract page: 74
- Gems Flow Switch Available With Infinite Adjustability To Protect Expensive Equipment page: 74
- Evergreen's $1.2-Billion Order For Containerships May Go To Japanese page: 75
- International Compactor Offers High-Performance Trash Compactors page: 76
- Folk Disc Couplings Feature Fast Assembly, High Reliability page: 77
- Magnavox Introduces Latest In Series Of GPS Data Outputs page: 77
- OSHA Gives Avondale Its Highest Safety Award page: 78
- Aeroquip Offers New Cargo Control Products Bulletin page: 78
- Tradex Marine Equipment Offers Two New Products page: 78
- Trimble Introduces GPS With Integrated Loran And Electronic Charts On CDs page: 78
- New Worldscale Takes Effect—Intertanko Offers Informative Booklet page: 79
- Drydocking At Todd Los Angeles Sets Record For Heaviest Lift On Yard's Syncrolift System page: 80
- Prelube/Postlube Systems Offered By Kim Hotstart page: 80
- BFGoodrich Rivnut Develops Innovative New Floating Fastener page: 81
- GE's M a r i n e Gas Turbine Family Expanding To Satisfy The Markets page: 82
- Dynabrade's Air-Powered Abrasive Belt Machine Converts To Other Tools page: 84
- MARCO-Seattle To Build Two Alaskan Longliners page: 84
- Sperry Marine Rascar Gains Acceptance With Naval Communities page: 85
- N e w W o r l d w i d e Distributor N e t w o rk For EMD Power Products page: 86
- ABB Turbo Systems Formed —Literature Available page: 87
- Raytheon's S N A - 9 1 Integrated Bridge System Is Said To M a k e Significant Contributions To Fuel Savings page: 88
- Raytheon's N e w Professional Loran Is Highly Accurate And Also Exceptionally Easy To Use page: 88
- Hagglunds Marine Reports Brisk Sales For Cranes page: 89
- SPD In Joint Venture With Daeyang Electric page: 89
- Circle Seal Expands Sampling/Bleed Valve Line page: 90
- Marco Seattle Names Fernstrom Executive VP/ Chief Operating Officer page: 90
- Hornbeck And OMI Agree In Principle To Merger page: 90
- Falk Offers Revised Speed Reducer Bulletin page: 91
- USCG Proposes New Regulations For Small Passenger Vessels page: 93
- Resource Technology Expands M a r i n e Trash C o m p a c t o r Line page: 93
- Ingram Barge Company Acquires Additional Barges And Towboats page: 94
- Conrad Industries Delivers Floating Drydock For Use At New Missouri Repair Yard page: 98
- Aiken-Murray Offers Brochure On Chemical And Engineering Services page: 101