ReeferShip Ltd. Formed
LauritzenCool, Eastwind Transport and Armada Shipping announced the formation of ReeferShip Ltd.. a new marketing company that will identify, pursue, and develop business for refrigerated ships controlled by Eco Shipping, Arctic Reefers, and Armada Shipping.
ReeferShip Ltd. is owned equally by its three principals. The company's combined fleet stands at more than 50 vessels with total capacity of about 20 million cu. ft.
Vessels in the fleet range in size from 185,000 to 668,000 cu. ft. Arctic Reefers and ECo Shipping will be kept intact in their present form as pools for large and handy-size refrigerated vessels, respectively.
Eastwind is contributing its reefer vessels of 400,000 cu. ft. and above to Arctic, LauritzenCool is placing its handysize tonnage under Eco's management, and Armada is through a joint venture with Arctic placing tonnage in both the Arctic and ECo systems. In addition, Eastwind has taken a substantial shareholding in Arctic, while LauritzenCool has increased its ownership interest in ECo.
Finally, ReeferShip vessels from all three participating fleets will be used whenever possible to fill the tonnage requirements of Eastwind Transport and LauritzenCool.
ReeferShip will operate out of Copenhagen and New York. Armada's reefer team will relocate to Copenhagen.
ReeferShip will also have access to all of Eastwind's and LauritzenCool's marketing and agency offices worldwide.
Circle 82 on Reader Service Card www.maritimereporterinfo.com
Other stories from March 2002 issue
- Smit Develops High-Powered Wreck Removal Cutting System page: 4
- KMY To Consult on Icebreaker page: 8
- Bollinger To Build Three Boats for Chouest page: 9
- IFS And DNV Join Forces On IT Project page: 12
- Volvo Penta Signs $ 2 . 8M Tug Engine Contract page: 14
- Underwater Bonding Seals the Deal page: 17
- Grand Bahama Shipyard's Drydock Arrives page: 19
- One Cool Customer page: 21
- ReeferShip Ltd. Formed page: 23
- A.R. Larsen To Offer Turnkey Interior Services page: 23
- The Era of The Electronic Engine Is Here page: 24
- Rolls-Royce Package Approach Wins Order page: 25
- Innovation in the Engine Space page: 27
- Landmark LNG Carrier Launched by IZAR page: 28
- BY backs S&T Ecomax Tanker Design page: 31
- Maritrans Continues Double Hull Program page: 32
- French Snag LNG Order page: 32
- LR: Hearing is Believing page: 32
- Antifouling Paint Helps USCG Sink Maintenance Costs page: 36
- NSRP Projects Show Impressive Results page: 38
- Derecktor Wins AMHS Fast Ferry Deal page: 41
- Gas Turbines Continue Making Commercial Inroads page: 44
- Fleet F77 Extends Inmarsat's Offering s page: 46
- Spain: Finding Strength in Specialization page: 51