American Abrasive Metals Announces New Non-Slip Roll-On Safety Coating
A new non-slip coating, proven in use by the U.S. Navy, is now available as original safety equipment for new or existing ships and offshore rigs, regardless of age. The safety coating is manufactured and marketed by American Abrasive Metals Co.
Called Epoxo, the low-cost coating simply rolls on in minutes to help stop slips and falls at sea.
Epoxo's unique high-traction surface protects personnel and equipment, as well as providing vital non-skid safety for helicopter landing pads on offshore rigs. The coating is easily applied by shipyard or shipboard personnel. Simply Simply roll, trowel or spray on. A two-man team can roll on up to 1,000 square feet in only 60 minutes.
Originally developed to meet critical requirements of the U.S.
Navy, Epoxo Non-Skid Coating has been installed on the entire flight deck of every aircraft carrier constructed since 1960. Epoxo protects personnel, rolling equipment and aircraft under the rigorous conditions of carrier flight deck operations.
For the first time, this professional non-slip coating is offered to the commercial marine and offshore industry. With Epoxo, naval architects and everyone concerned with marine safety can now specify professional non-slip safety as an integral part of design for ships and offshore rigs.
Because of its special blend of resins, Epoxo is unaffected by seawater, oil, gasoline, grease, most chemicals, hydraulic fluids, acids, alkalines, solvents and detergents.
Long-lasting, economical Epoxo can be applied to any properly prepared, clean, sound surface.
For a free sample and literature, write to Sheldon Rovener, American Abrasive Metals Co., 460 Coit Street, Irvington, N.J. 07111.
Other stories from July 15, 1977 issue
- Proposal Calls For Ship's Spare Parts To Be Based Ashore page: 4
- Two Arabian Projects Totaling $80 Million To Great Lakes Dredge page: 6
- Raytheon Marine Opens New York Office page: 6
- G.E. Marine Gas Turbines To Power German Frigate Ships page: 7
- Western Union Int'l To Market New MARISAT System page: 8
- Skagit Corporation Appoints F.K. Weimann page: 8
- National Supply Builds 15,000-Psi Subsea BOP And Wellhead System page: 9
- Mamo II Joins Dillingham Fleet In Hawaii page: 10
- Lantana Boatyard To Build 134-Foot Alaskan Landing Craft Of Krogen Design page: 10
- Seven Seas Towing Names Capt. Cleveland Operations Manager page: 12
- Clay Chiles Awards Marathon LeTourneau 150-44-C Rig Contract page: 12
- San Francisco Hosts SNAME Spring Meeting And STAR Symposium page: 14
- Harland And Wolff Belfast Yard Building 333,000-Ton Tankers page: 16
- Thunderbolt Marine Industries Launches Twin 96-Foot Tugs For Panama Canal Services page: 17
- Moore McCormack And Aeron Marine Apply To Transport Oil For SPR page: 17
- Electro-Nav Now Sole U.S. Distributor Of BEN Speed Logs page: 18
- Robert L. Hague Post To Honor Admiral Rea page: 22
- International Paint Names Donald S. Otto page: 23
- Anixter-Mark Announces Five-Way Ratchet Mount page: 23
- SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Holds Joint Meeting With ASNE page: 24
- President Carter Presents $25,000 Prize For Energy-Saving Device page: 24
- MacGregor Publishes Ro-Ro Encyclopaedia page: 25
- New Shipyard Operating North Of Arctic Circle page: 26
- Dravo SteelShip Expands Facilities page: 28
- USCG Certified No-Discharge Oxidizing Toilet Now Available page: 28
- Tragosa Charters Seven Tidewater Vessels For Offshore Mexico page: 34
- De Laval Separator Issues Marine Brochure page: 34
- R.J. Reynolds Industries Elects McEvoy To Board page: 35
- American Abrasive Metals Announces New Non-Slip Roll-On Safety Coating page: 35
- Marine Surveyors To Hold 19th Marine Conference In New York In October page: 36
- ASNE Charleston Section Reports Activities page: 38
- Port Of New York Maritime Association Elects Officers page: 40
- Zapata Marine Realigns Marketing Group Posts page: 42
- Over 1,500 Attend ASNE Annual Meeting page: 42
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Appoints Jack E. Horner page: 43
- New Luxury Hotel Barge Begins Thames Cruises page: 43
- National Maritime Council Elects Barker Chairman page: 44
- Lincoln Warren Named ODECO Vice President Oil & Gas Exploration page: 45
- Papers On Navy C-P Propeller Program And Spray Patterns Of Jet Thrusters Discussed At Joint SNAME Chesapeake/ASNE Meeting page: 46
- Northwest Marine Iron Works Names Grider And Hiller page: 47
- Marine Electric RPD Markets Steering Gear Power Failure Alarm page: 47
- Equitable Delivers Ferry To State Of No. Carolina page: 48
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Elects Officers- Hears Paper On Domestic LNG Vessel Construction page: 49
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Honors Past Chairmen —Discusses Paper On Slow-Speed Marine Diesels page: 50