Seaworthy Engine Systems Appoints Jack E. Horner
The appointment of Jack E.
Horner as senior marine project engineer has been announced by David A. O'Neil, president of Seaworthy Engine Systems, Inc. Seaworthy is engaged in engineering consulting for marine propulsion, fuel optimization and control systems for marine gas turbines, diesel and steam powerplants.
In his new capacity, Mr. Horner will be responsible for project engineering for marine powerplant applications and installation, as well as specializing in controls selection and ancillary support systems.
Mr. Horner graduated in 1963 from the University of Bridgeport in mechanical engineering before joining General Dynamics/ Electric Boat and the Quincy Divisions.
Prior to joining Seaworthy, Mr.
Horner was a senior test engineer while involved with fuel cell development and as a resident site engineer for Northeast Utilities in their nuclear construction program.
Seaworthy Engine Systems, Inc. provides unique engineering and technical services to the marine industry in the steam, diesel and gas turbine propulsion systems, fuel systems management and vessel operation areas. Seaworthy's customers include shipowners and operators, engine manufacturers, as well as the U.S.
Seaworthy's offices are located at 73 Main Street in Essex, Conn.
Other stories from July 15, 1977 issue
- Proposal Calls For Ship's Spare Parts To Be Based Ashore page: 4
- Two Arabian Projects Totaling $80 Million To Great Lakes Dredge page: 6
- Raytheon Marine Opens New York Office page: 6
- G.E. Marine Gas Turbines To Power German Frigate Ships page: 7
- Western Union Int'l To Market New MARISAT System page: 8
- Skagit Corporation Appoints F.K. Weimann page: 8
- National Supply Builds 15,000-Psi Subsea BOP And Wellhead System page: 9
- Mamo II Joins Dillingham Fleet In Hawaii page: 10
- Lantana Boatyard To Build 134-Foot Alaskan Landing Craft Of Krogen Design page: 10
- Seven Seas Towing Names Capt. Cleveland Operations Manager page: 12
- Clay Chiles Awards Marathon LeTourneau 150-44-C Rig Contract page: 12
- San Francisco Hosts SNAME Spring Meeting And STAR Symposium page: 14
- Harland And Wolff Belfast Yard Building 333,000-Ton Tankers page: 16
- Thunderbolt Marine Industries Launches Twin 96-Foot Tugs For Panama Canal Services page: 17
- Moore McCormack And Aeron Marine Apply To Transport Oil For SPR page: 17
- Electro-Nav Now Sole U.S. Distributor Of BEN Speed Logs page: 18
- Robert L. Hague Post To Honor Admiral Rea page: 22
- International Paint Names Donald S. Otto page: 23
- Anixter-Mark Announces Five-Way Ratchet Mount page: 23
- SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Holds Joint Meeting With ASNE page: 24
- President Carter Presents $25,000 Prize For Energy-Saving Device page: 24
- MacGregor Publishes Ro-Ro Encyclopaedia page: 25
- New Shipyard Operating North Of Arctic Circle page: 26
- Dravo SteelShip Expands Facilities page: 28
- USCG Certified No-Discharge Oxidizing Toilet Now Available page: 28
- Tragosa Charters Seven Tidewater Vessels For Offshore Mexico page: 34
- De Laval Separator Issues Marine Brochure page: 34
- R.J. Reynolds Industries Elects McEvoy To Board page: 35
- American Abrasive Metals Announces New Non-Slip Roll-On Safety Coating page: 35
- Marine Surveyors To Hold 19th Marine Conference In New York In October page: 36
- ASNE Charleston Section Reports Activities page: 38
- Port Of New York Maritime Association Elects Officers page: 40
- Zapata Marine Realigns Marketing Group Posts page: 42
- Over 1,500 Attend ASNE Annual Meeting page: 42
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Appoints Jack E. Horner page: 43
- New Luxury Hotel Barge Begins Thames Cruises page: 43
- National Maritime Council Elects Barker Chairman page: 44
- Lincoln Warren Named ODECO Vice President Oil & Gas Exploration page: 45
- Papers On Navy C-P Propeller Program And Spray Patterns Of Jet Thrusters Discussed At Joint SNAME Chesapeake/ASNE Meeting page: 46
- Northwest Marine Iron Works Names Grider And Hiller page: 47
- Marine Electric RPD Markets Steering Gear Power Failure Alarm page: 47
- Equitable Delivers Ferry To State Of No. Carolina page: 48
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Elects Officers- Hears Paper On Domestic LNG Vessel Construction page: 49
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Honors Past Chairmen —Discusses Paper On Slow-Speed Marine Diesels page: 50