North Sea Corrosion Conference Papers Now Available In Book Form
The papers in full, discussions and authors' replies, c o v e r i ng proceedings of a three-day conference "North Sea Corrosion— What Have We Learnt," event No. 97 in the European Federation of Corrosion, organized by The Institute of Marine Engineers and The Institution of Corrosion Science and Technology, in association with The Norwegian Society of Chartered Engineers, The Norwegian Petroleum Society, and The U.K. Department of Industry, are now available in a soft cover booklet priced at £25, available from Marine Management (Holdings) Limited, Activities Division, 76 Mark Lane, London EC3R 7JN, England.
The names of authors and the titles of the papers they presented are as follows: Dr. John S. Smart, Amaco International Oil Company, "Comments and Criticisms on the Nace Standard RP-01-76 f o r O f f s h o r e Structures"; A.N. McKelvie, B.Sc., FICorrT, FTSC, Paint Research Association, " W a t e r / A b r a s i ve Blasting for Preparation of Surfaces b e f o r e P a i n t i n g " ; J.D.
Tighe, J.D. & S. Tighe, " A Comparison of Conventional and Airless A b r a s i v e B l a s t i n g Techniques" ; D. J. H. Odds, CEng., MIMarE, F.A. Hughes & Co. Ltd., "Big Clean up in the North Sea"; C.F. Britton, LRIC, MICorrT, FInst., Pet., Rohrback Instructions Ltd., "Monitoring in Internal Corrosion in Offshore Installations" ; K.F. Baxter, International Paints Ltd., "High Performance Coating of the Offshore Industry"; D. Bayliss and F.G.
Dunkley, BIE, A n t i - C o r r o s i on Ltd., "Some Aspects of Offshore Corrosion Protection"; G. Bailey, M.Sc., Ph.D., CChem., MRIC, Corrosion and Protection Centre Industrial Services, The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology; D.H. Deacon M I C o r r T , BIE, Anti-Corrosion Ltd.; W.R. King, Continental Oil Co., Natural Gas Division, "Results of Offshore Tests of Selected Coating Systems"; Derek N. Evans, Ceng., FIStructE, AMInstW, FFB, Modern Metal Treatment Limited, "How Not to Employ a Painting Contractor"; T.D.
Winslow and J.F. Dubois, Bredero Price (U.K.) Limited, "Epoxy Powder Coating"; Rupert F. Strobel, 3M Company, "Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coatings f o r Pipeline Corrosion Protection"; S. Eliassen and G. Valland, Det norske Veritas, "Design Rules for Offshore C a t h o d i c Protection Systems"; R. Strommen, The C o r r o s i on Centre SINTEF, "Current and Potential Distribution on Cathodically Protected Submarine Pipelines" ; Hans Arup, Curt Christensen, Jorgen Moller, Korrosionscentralen ATV, Denmark, "Corrosion and Cathodic Protection in Arctic Water"; and F. Jensen, A / S Skarpenord, "Testing of Sacrificial Anodes — Necessity and Experience."
Other stories from January 15, 1980 issue
- AWO Reports $2.9 Billion In New Waterways Plants In First Half Of 1979 page: 4
- Desco Marine Launches Its 100th Cummins-Powered Boat page: 9
- Kent And Boling Elected To The NOIA Board page: 11
- 1980 Annual Meeting, Water Resources Congress page: 12
- McDermott Building Two Bulkfleet Marine Tugs Custom-Made For Future page: 14
- Reduced Towing Costs Subject Of Study On Towing Surge Pendants page: 16
- Port Weller Dry Docks Delivers Bulk Carrier With Fuel Efficient Hull page: 18
- 123-Foot Northern Leader From MARCO Equipped As Catcher, Freezer, Packer page: 20
- FMC Releases Study On Virgin Islands Trade page: 20
- NASSCO Awarded 5-Ship $239-Million Contract By American Tankships page: 22
- Crude Oil Supply And Tanker Demand Report Available From Drewry page: 24
- Lips-Doran To Establish Chesapeake, Va., Plant page: 25
- Dinko's Marine Service Orders Supply Vessel From Mississippi Marine page: 27
- New Major Shipyard To Be Formed In Hong Kong page: 27
- Shell Offers Literature On New Diesel Oils page: 32
- Halter Marine, Inc. Sets Production Record - 2 2 8 Deliveries In 1979 page: 33
- SNAME Philadelphia Hears Paper On Hopper Dredge Design page: 34
- McAllister Acquires Baker-Whiteley— Now Offers Baltimore-Based Marine Services page: 34
- North Sea Corrosion Conference Papers Now Available In Book Form page: 36
- Davie Signs $C35-Million Petrobras Rig Contract page: 37
- FMC Marine And Rail Launches Fourth Ro/Ro Barge For Crowley page: 38
- John S. Hollett Joins Crowley Maritime page: 38
- E.C. Flint Promoted At Zidell's Marine Construction Division page: 39
- Construction To Begin On New $20-Million N.Y. Container Terminal page: 39
- 3 New Reports Now Available From Ship Structure Committee page: 40
- International Oil Spill Conference To Be Held In Atlanta March 2-5, 1981 page: 40
- Norwegian Firm Offers Porthole/Escape Hatch —Meets Safety Rules page: 41
- Mississippi Marine Towboat Delivers Two New Vessels To Palmer Barge Line page: 41
- Pickands Mather Awards $10-Million Conversion Order To Fraser Shipyard page: 42
- MorMac Appoints Marcelewski Philadelphia Office Manager —Edward J. Desher Retires page: 46
- Farrell Realigns Executive Personnel page: 46
- Newport News Delivers The U.S.T. Pacific In Record Time page: 47
- Bourgeois And Mitchell Elected Vice Presidents At State Boat Corp. page: 47