Dinko's Marine Service Orders Supply Vessel From Mississippi Marine
M i s s i s s i p p i Marine Towboat Corporation, a Greenville, Miss.- based company, designer builder of motor vessels and barges, has been commissioned by Dinko's Marine Service, Inc. of Aransas Pass, Texas, to build a second passenger/supply vessel for that firm.
D. John Nichols, president of Mississippi Marine, said the boat, now under construction and scheduled for delivery to Dinko's in March 1980, is as yet unassigned and will be available for contract work by the Dinko organization.
The 33-passenger vessel will have a deck cargo capacity of approximately 35 LT. Specifications call for Dinko's craft to be 100 feet by 24 feet by 11 feet 8 inches, with an operating draft of 8 feet. It will be powered by a pair of Detroit Diesel 16V-71 engines coupled to Twin Disc MG-527 gears.
Other mechanical specifications include a pair of Detroit Diesel 4-71-50KW nonparallel operation generators, a Sperry 8T autopilot and an Orbitrol dual station steering system.
For passenger and crew comfort, the vessel will be equipped with a central unit water-cooled air-conditioning system.
Mississippi Marine, located on Lake Ferguson at Greenville, offers towboat design and construction from initial design phase through completion. In addition, the firm also builds barges and offshore vessels. It offers several stock designs of barges, towboats, and offshore boats, custom outfitted where necessary to fit individual companies' requirements.
Mississippi Marine also operates dual drydock facilities f o r repairs and vessel renovations on inland waterways. The firm maintains its own naval architect on staff to provide complete design services.
For further information, contact I). John Nichols, Mississippi Marine Towboat Corporation, P.O.
Box 539, Harbor Front Industrial Park, Greenville, Miss. 38701, phone (601) 332-5457.
Other stories from January 15, 1980 issue
- AWO Reports $2.9 Billion In New Waterways Plants In First Half Of 1979 page: 4
- Desco Marine Launches Its 100th Cummins-Powered Boat page: 9
- Kent And Boling Elected To The NOIA Board page: 11
- 1980 Annual Meeting, Water Resources Congress page: 12
- McDermott Building Two Bulkfleet Marine Tugs Custom-Made For Future page: 14
- Reduced Towing Costs Subject Of Study On Towing Surge Pendants page: 16
- Port Weller Dry Docks Delivers Bulk Carrier With Fuel Efficient Hull page: 18
- 123-Foot Northern Leader From MARCO Equipped As Catcher, Freezer, Packer page: 20
- FMC Releases Study On Virgin Islands Trade page: 20
- NASSCO Awarded 5-Ship $239-Million Contract By American Tankships page: 22
- Crude Oil Supply And Tanker Demand Report Available From Drewry page: 24
- Lips-Doran To Establish Chesapeake, Va., Plant page: 25
- Dinko's Marine Service Orders Supply Vessel From Mississippi Marine page: 27
- New Major Shipyard To Be Formed In Hong Kong page: 27
- Shell Offers Literature On New Diesel Oils page: 32
- Halter Marine, Inc. Sets Production Record - 2 2 8 Deliveries In 1979 page: 33
- SNAME Philadelphia Hears Paper On Hopper Dredge Design page: 34
- McAllister Acquires Baker-Whiteley— Now Offers Baltimore-Based Marine Services page: 34
- North Sea Corrosion Conference Papers Now Available In Book Form page: 36
- Davie Signs $C35-Million Petrobras Rig Contract page: 37
- FMC Marine And Rail Launches Fourth Ro/Ro Barge For Crowley page: 38
- John S. Hollett Joins Crowley Maritime page: 38
- E.C. Flint Promoted At Zidell's Marine Construction Division page: 39
- Construction To Begin On New $20-Million N.Y. Container Terminal page: 39
- 3 New Reports Now Available From Ship Structure Committee page: 40
- International Oil Spill Conference To Be Held In Atlanta March 2-5, 1981 page: 40
- Norwegian Firm Offers Porthole/Escape Hatch —Meets Safety Rules page: 41
- Mississippi Marine Towboat Delivers Two New Vessels To Palmer Barge Line page: 41
- Pickands Mather Awards $10-Million Conversion Order To Fraser Shipyard page: 42
- MorMac Appoints Marcelewski Philadelphia Office Manager —Edward J. Desher Retires page: 46
- Farrell Realigns Executive Personnel page: 46
- Newport News Delivers The U.S.T. Pacific In Record Time page: 47
- Bourgeois And Mitchell Elected Vice Presidents At State Boat Corp. page: 47