Brown & Root Promotes Akin, Sides And Muellner
Brown & Root, Inc., Houston, Texas, a Halliburton Company, has announced the promotion of two new vice presidents, and the addition of another.
Frank A. Akin, formerly manager of Business Development- Marine Services, was promoted to vice president-Business Development, Operations Services.
Curtis M. Sides, formerly general manager, Manufacturing & Process Industries Group, has been promoted to vice president- Manufacturing & Process Industries Group.
Frank E. Muellner, formerly vice president and director of engineering for the NUS Corporation, a Brown & Root affiliate, has been employed by the parent company as vice president-Nuclear Engineering, Power Group.
Mr. Akin, a 10-year veteran of Brown & Root, has over 20 years' experience in various petroleumrelated fields. He has served as project manager on jobs around the world, and for the last three years has planned, directed and controlled activities r e l a t e d to sales of marine services and the supervision of Business Development personnel overseas.
Mr. Sides has 17 years' experience with Brown & Root and more than 21 years of diversified experience in the design, planning and management of projects in petroleum, petrochemical and related industries. A graduate of Southern Methodist University in 1960 with a degree in mechanical engineering, Mr. Sides has served in assignments in Spain, the Middle East, North Africa, and South America. He is a registered engineer.
Mr. Muellner comes to Brown & Root with a wide background in nuclear engineering dating back to the Shippingport, Pa., nuclear power plant project in 1956 as mechanical core design engineer.
For the past 14 years he has been employed at the NUS Corporation, Rockville, Md., and before that with Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan, and completed work on a master's degree at the University of Pittsburgh.
Other stories from August 15, 1981 issue
- Walz & Krenzer Conveyor Belt Doors Solve Problem On New Keystone Collier page: 6
- Halter Delivers Two Crewboats For Offshore Service In California page: 6
- Racal-Decca Marine Expands U.S. Operations page: 7
- Phoenix Management Rig To Be Built By Bethlehem Sparrows Point page: 7
- $70.8-Million Conversion Contract Awarded AMSHIP page: 8
- Bender Shipyard Builds Own Floating Drydock page: 9
- $1.5-Million Tanker Contract Signed By Halifax Shipyards page: 9
- Nordquist Appointed At Twin Disc, Inc. page: 9
- J Storm XVI Is 50th Jackup Commissioned At Bethlehem, Beaumont page: 10
- Inert Gas Generators To Operate On #6 Oil —Literature Available page: 10
- Three Key Appointments Announced In Marine Department At Texaco page: 12
- Chromalloy Acquires Flowers Marine Group For About $15 Million page: 12
- Tracor Wins $8.3 Million Four-Year Navy Contract page: 12
- ITT Mackay To Market Oil Pollution Monitoring Equipment In The U.S. page: 13
- Luquette Sales Manager For Offshore Express page: 13
- M / V Jeffboat page: 14
- New 34-Page Brochure Describes Marathon Offshore Drilling Rigs page: 15
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Coastal Tugboats 'Sioux' And 'Maya' page: 16
- NABRICO Dedicates New Facilities page: 16
- Tacoma Boat Launches $3.4-Million Oil Test Barge For Sohio Use page: 20
- Shell Caprinus® R Oil 40 Meets Requirements Of Auxiliary Engines page: 22
- Offshore Express In $10-Million Expansion- 'Lightning Express1 Delivered By Progressive Shipbuilders page: 22
- Paper On Adaptive Steering Module Available From Sperry page: 25
- $33-Million Ore Handling Facility Dedicated At Port Of Toledo page: 25
- 500th Raytheon RAYCAS page: 26
- Brown & Root Promotes Akin, Sides And Muellner page: 26
- Port Of Hamburg Completes Tour Of The United States page: 28
- First Of 3 Rigs For Danish Firm Completed At Hitachi Zosen page: 28
- Geiger Succeeds Zuehlke As President Of Bay Shipbuilding Corp. page: 29
- Bath Iron Works Plans New $46.7-Million Portland Yard page: 34
- Largest U.S.-Built Tug/Barge Unit Enters Service page: 36
- Burmeister & Wain Shipyard Delivers The M/S Baumare page: 36
- Tacoma Boat $20-Million Debentures To Finance Expansion Program page: 38
- John G. Smith Promoted To General Manager Of Krupp Atlas Electronik page: 38
- James Sessions Named President At Newpark — Haskew And Lehman Appointed VPs page: 39
- Deutz Producing Air-Cooied Diesels At Richmond Plant- Free Spec Sheets Offered page: 39
- Dravo Acquires Nilo Barge Line From Olin page: 40
- Halifax Industries Ltd. Appoints Kenneth Wood As President And CEO page: 40
- Transamerica Delaval Runs Diesel On Liquid Coal —Report Available page: 41
- Augsburger And Sylvester Promoted At Tenneco page: 42
- Foss To Order New Tugs With Voith Schneider Systems page: 42
- Skagit Offers 130-Page Catalog On Full Line Of Offshore Deck Machinery page: 42
- M/V Ogden Dynachem Christened At Avondale page: 44
- Four Directors Elected At Levingston Industries page: 53
- NABRICO Delivers New Two-Barge Tow To Alabama River Barge page: 53
- New Officers Elected At NCAA National Conference page: 53