James Sessions Named President At Newpark — Haskew And Lehman Appointed VPs
James H. Sessions has been named president of Newpark Shipbuilding and Repair, Inc., a shipyard with barge cleaning and gas freeing facilities situated on 22 acres on an island in the Houston Ship Channel.
Newpark also announced the appointments of Stephen R. Haskew and Kimble R. Lehman as vice presidents of the company.
Mr. Sessions had been executive vice president of Newpark since 1977. He joined Newpark as a vice president in 1976. Previously, Mr.
Sessions served in management positions at Todd Shipyards in Houston, and other Gulf area shipyards. He is a graduate of the Maritime Academy in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Mr. Haskew will be responsible for all repair and new construction activity. He has been employed at Newpark since 1977, serving as manager of marine repair since 1978. Formerly, he was employed by the Shipyard Division, National Marine Services. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University.
Mr. Lehman will continue to be responsible for managing the gas freeing and cleaning plant, and will take on the additional role of marketing director. He has previously served as assistant repair manager and manager of the cleaning and gas freeing plant, and marine chemist for the repair facility. Mr. Lehman is a graduate of Delta State College.
Newpark Shipbuilding and Repair, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE).
Other stories from August 15, 1981 issue
- Walz & Krenzer Conveyor Belt Doors Solve Problem On New Keystone Collier page: 6
- Halter Delivers Two Crewboats For Offshore Service In California page: 6
- Racal-Decca Marine Expands U.S. Operations page: 7
- Phoenix Management Rig To Be Built By Bethlehem Sparrows Point page: 7
- $70.8-Million Conversion Contract Awarded AMSHIP page: 8
- Bender Shipyard Builds Own Floating Drydock page: 9
- $1.5-Million Tanker Contract Signed By Halifax Shipyards page: 9
- Nordquist Appointed At Twin Disc, Inc. page: 9
- J Storm XVI Is 50th Jackup Commissioned At Bethlehem, Beaumont page: 10
- Inert Gas Generators To Operate On #6 Oil —Literature Available page: 10
- Three Key Appointments Announced In Marine Department At Texaco page: 12
- Chromalloy Acquires Flowers Marine Group For About $15 Million page: 12
- Tracor Wins $8.3 Million Four-Year Navy Contract page: 12
- ITT Mackay To Market Oil Pollution Monitoring Equipment In The U.S. page: 13
- Luquette Sales Manager For Offshore Express page: 13
- M / V Jeffboat page: 14
- New 34-Page Brochure Describes Marathon Offshore Drilling Rigs page: 15
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Coastal Tugboats 'Sioux' And 'Maya' page: 16
- NABRICO Dedicates New Facilities page: 16
- Tacoma Boat Launches $3.4-Million Oil Test Barge For Sohio Use page: 20
- Shell Caprinus® R Oil 40 Meets Requirements Of Auxiliary Engines page: 22
- Offshore Express In $10-Million Expansion- 'Lightning Express1 Delivered By Progressive Shipbuilders page: 22
- Paper On Adaptive Steering Module Available From Sperry page: 25
- $33-Million Ore Handling Facility Dedicated At Port Of Toledo page: 25
- 500th Raytheon RAYCAS page: 26
- Brown & Root Promotes Akin, Sides And Muellner page: 26
- Port Of Hamburg Completes Tour Of The United States page: 28
- First Of 3 Rigs For Danish Firm Completed At Hitachi Zosen page: 28
- Geiger Succeeds Zuehlke As President Of Bay Shipbuilding Corp. page: 29
- Bath Iron Works Plans New $46.7-Million Portland Yard page: 34
- Largest U.S.-Built Tug/Barge Unit Enters Service page: 36
- Burmeister & Wain Shipyard Delivers The M/S Baumare page: 36
- Tacoma Boat $20-Million Debentures To Finance Expansion Program page: 38
- John G. Smith Promoted To General Manager Of Krupp Atlas Electronik page: 38
- James Sessions Named President At Newpark — Haskew And Lehman Appointed VPs page: 39
- Deutz Producing Air-Cooied Diesels At Richmond Plant- Free Spec Sheets Offered page: 39
- Dravo Acquires Nilo Barge Line From Olin page: 40
- Halifax Industries Ltd. Appoints Kenneth Wood As President And CEO page: 40
- Transamerica Delaval Runs Diesel On Liquid Coal —Report Available page: 41
- Augsburger And Sylvester Promoted At Tenneco page: 42
- Foss To Order New Tugs With Voith Schneider Systems page: 42
- Skagit Offers 130-Page Catalog On Full Line Of Offshore Deck Machinery page: 42
- M/V Ogden Dynachem Christened At Avondale page: 44
- Four Directors Elected At Levingston Industries page: 53
- NABRICO Delivers New Two-Barge Tow To Alabama River Barge page: 53
- New Officers Elected At NCAA National Conference page: 53