Rexnord Announces Formation of Process Controls Division
Rexnord, a Milwaukee-based industrial manufacturer, announced recently that it is expanding its role in the process controls market with the formation of the Process Controls Division.
The new division combines the product lines, markets and control technology capabilities of Rexnord's recent acquisitions—Fife Corporation, Tano Corporation and Micro Pure Systems Inc.—and the company's former Electronic Products Division.
In making the announcement, James J. Hayden, a corporate vice president and division president, said: "This unifying of our process controls capabilities provides Rexnord with a higher level of controls technology and more aggressive approach to the marketplace.
The acquisitions were an excellent complement to our existing sensing technology. We are optimistic that through our commitment to quality products, new product development and selective acqusitions, we will further strengthen our position in the control products marketplace.
Fife Corporation is a leading supplier of automatic guiding and spreading or expanding continuous flexible material such as paper, plastic, textile, steel or copper. Its facilities are located in Oklahoma City.
Tano Corporation, headquartered in New Orleans, designs and manufacturers computer-based automation and control systems for marine, oil and gas, and energy management applications.
Micro Pure Systems Inc. manufacturers instruments which use ultrasonic technology to detect microscopic particles in liquids. The instruments are used in the manufacture of semiconductors and in oil production monitoring. The company is located in Smithfield, R.I.
Rexnord's former Electronic Products Division manufacturers industrial weighing equipment, microprocessor- based process controls and systems, water and wastewater analytical instruments, fixed gas detection equipment and self-contained breathing apparatus. Its operations are located in New Berlin, Wise.; Malvern, Pa.; and Sunnyvale, Calif.
Rexnord serves the world's marketplace as a major manufacturer of industrial components and machinery.
The company produces power transmission components, specialty fasteners, crushing and processing machinery for the aggregate and mining industry, water pollution control equipment, material handling systems, process controls, chemical products and other specialized equipment. They employ people in 51 United States and Canadian plants and in 22 oversees facilities. They are headquartered in the Milwaukee area.
Circle 61 on Reader Service Card
Read Rexnord Announces Formation of Process Controls Division in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of December 15, 1984 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from December 15, 1984 issue
- Webb Elects Officers To Governing Board— Bryan Named President page: 5
- Brown Brothers Appoint New Marketing Director page: 5
- Huthnance Corporation Formed To Consolidate Rig Ownership page: 6
- Brochure On Halon 1301 Fire Extinguishing Systems Offered By Walter Kidde page: 6
- Bay Ship Converts NavAids Barge For U.S. Coast Guard page: 6
- Annual Conference Of CSSRA Scheduled For February 18-19, 1985 page: 6
- Lindenau Yard Delivers Seismic Research Vessel To Western Geophysical page: 7
- NMEA Plans to Expand Electronics Technician Certification Program page: 7
- Hose-McCann Introduces Dial Telephone System page: 7
- USCG License Preparation Quicker And Easier With Computer-Aided System page: 8
- Seebeckwerft Delivers World's Largest Railway/Car Ferry page: 8
- Magnavox Announces First Fully Automatic Vessel Monitoring System page: 8
- Magliocca Elected New General Chairman Of NSC Marine Section page: 9
- BFGoodrich Offers New Brochure On Cutless Line Of Rubber Bearings page: 9
- Training Success With U.S. Rig Simulator Featured At Conference page: 10
- Borum Wins Kings Point Outstanding Professional Achievement Award page: 10
- Offshore Shipbuilding Delivers Passenger/Vehicle Ferry page: 11
- Exxon Research Offers To License Computerized Machine Analysis System page: 11
- Marine Applications Book Availble From Sandusky page: 13
- Avondale Shipyards Holds Keel-Laying Ceremonies For First Of Four Navy Fleet Oilers page: 13
- Robins Named Managing Director-Business Operations At Rolls-Royce page: 13
- Containership 'Merzario Britannia' Launched At Fincantieri Yard page: 14
- N.F. Pergola Appointed Manager-Marine Personnel At Energy Transportation page: 14
- Murray Named Executive Director Of St. John Port Development Commission page: 14
- Regency Introduces The CR5000 Electronic Chart Recorder page: 14
- K-C Offers Literature On Replacement Parts Line For GM Diesels page: 16
- WABCO Westinghouse Offers Free Booklet On Controls For Ships page: 16
- Crouse-Hinds Offers Literature On Lighting Fixtures & Others Products page: 17
- Ursini Appointed Vice President-General Manager Of Skagit Products page: 17
- The 92nd SNAME Annual Meeting A Special Post-Meeting And Exposition Report page: 18
- Cable Splicing System Lowers Shipbuilding Costs page: 23
- New Literature Available On VHF/FM Marine Radios From Uniden Corporation page: 26
- Hahnfeldt Appointed Power Division Sales Manager At H.O. Penn Machinery page: 26
- Todd-Los Angeles Delivers Guided Missile Frigate FFG-51 Gary To U.S. Navy page: 28
- Ryan-Walsh Appoints John McCarron Jr. Chief Executive Officer page: 28
- Koomey Announces Management Changes—Dumas Named President page: 30
- ASNE Establishes Dr. James A. Lisnyk Memorial Scholarship page: 30
- Navy Awards E-Systems $40-Million Contract page: 30
- Rexnord Announces Formation of Process Controls Division page: 30
- Du Pont's Maintenance Painting Service Lowers Costs On Offshore Platforms page: 32
- Morgan Appointed National Sales Manager For Welded Beam page: 33
- John Gaughan Named To New Maritime Post page: 33
- Taylor Joins COMSAT World Systems Division As Senior Vice President page: 34
- Todd Marine Systems Offers New Brochure On Combustion Technology page: 34
- Torpedo SPC Chosen For Advanced Cable Layer page: 34
- Corpus Christi Bulk-Loading Facility To Be Modernized page: 35
- New Full-Color Brochure Available From PACECO page: 36
- Daewoo Gets $425-Million Contract From Sonat For Six Semisubmersible Rigs page: 36
- Whalen Joins Huthnance As Vice President -Operations page: 36
- Liner Norway Fitted With New MaK-Driven Gensets page: 37
- MarineSafety Offers Radar Renewal Course page: 37
- Crosby Group Adds New Block To Product Line page: 37
- Regency Introduces Marine Television/FM Stereo Antenna And Amplifier page: 38
- Newman's Introduces NEWCO Marine Valves page: 38
- Rockwell Offers Brochure On Ship Information Management Systems page: 38
- Markey Delivers DESH-6 Electric Research Winch page: 38
- C. Plath Offers Literature On NAVIGLOBE Satellite Navigation Receiver page: 43
- Free Literature Offered On Walter Kidde Marine Smoke Detection System page: 43
- Imperial Survival Suits Offered by Alexander page: 43
- Phoenix Introduces Sodium Fishing Lights page: 43
- Tano Corporation Offers New Brochure On Marine Automation Systems page: 44
- SNAME Announces 1985 Scholarships In Graduate And Undergraduate Levels page: 44
- Bethlehem Steel's Huge Drydock At New Sabine Yard In Texas To Be Operational In Spring '85 page: 47
- New Rudder-Shaft Bearing From Thomson-Gordon page: 47