Deck Cannister N o w Offered For Avon Coastline Life Raft
—Literature Available A new fiberglass cannister pack is now available for the Avon Coastline Life Raft, augmenting the soft valise which continues to be offered.
The cannister permits mounting of the Coastline Life Raft on deck or in exposed locations, placements many owners of small sailboats and center-console fishermen have wanted to make.
The valise has been principally intended for stowage inside lockers or within the console.
Avon Coastline was developed for smaller boats and for inshore/coastal navigation. Less expensive than Avon's standard ocean life rafts, Coastline still provides the security of two independent buoyance chambers (each adequate to support the rated capacity of six persons with 3.4 cubic feet/person), lanyard-triggered CO-2 inflation, protective canopy, moderate ballast system to resist overturning and the reassurance of Avon quality and reliability The fiberglass deck cannister adds just 2 pounds to the valise's packed weight to 56 pounds. It is strong enough to be stood on or to withstand impacts from sailing or fishing tackle.
Berwyn hydrostatic releases are optional.
For more information and free literature from Avon, Circle 164 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 1988 issue
- Diesel America Completes Diesel Pump O r d e r page: 5
- AMP Offers Low-Cost M e t h o d Of M a r i n e Cable S p l i c i n g — L i t e r a t u r e O f f e r ed page: 6
- McDermott Lays Keel For First Of Three C r a f t In $ 3 2 . 6 - M i l l i o n Contract page: 6
- B u t t e r w o r t h Adds Eighth U.S. Supply C e n t e r— M a r i n e H a r d w a re page: 6
- Kiene Offers Improved Diesel Compression Set page: 7
- Trinity Industries Acquires Aluminum Boats, Inc. page: 8
- Waugh To Supply TNF Joiner System For S.S. Azure Seas page: 8
- Sims Pump Valve Offers Durable Composite Impellers And Parts For Marine Use page: 8
- Three Engines—One Design Concept: MAN B&W's State-Of-The-Art Propulsion Family For The 90s page: 10
- MAN B&W Holeby's CODAG GenSet Is Said To Save Up To 50 Percent In Electricity Production Costs page: 11
- OUTSTANDING OCEANGOING SHIPS OF 1988 page: 12
- $29.4-BILLION FY89 NAVY BUDGET APPROVED FOR SHIPS AND EQUIPMENT page: 23
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 25
- U.S. SHIP MAINTENANCE & REPAIR— A $50 BILLION TO $60 BILLION 10-YEAR MARKET page: 28
- MMA Meeting Studies Changes In Navy Acquisition page: 36
- Philadelphia Sections Of SNAME, ASNE Hear Paper On Maritime Industry page: 37
- Halter Marine Delivers First Of Six U.S. Navy Ocean Surveillance Ships In $85-Million Contract page: 38
- Deck Cannister N o w Offered For Avon Coastline Life Raft page: 47
- Cummins-Powered Cruise/Dining Vessel 'Star Of Louisville' Now In Service On Ohio River page: 48
- High-Performance Coatings Division Acquired By Hempel From Reliance Universal page: 48
- Westmont Industries Offers Eight-Page Color Brochure On Port Equipment page: 49
- Sperry Marine To Distribute Northstar Computerized Loran-C Navigators page: 50
- Marine Ladders And Gangways Featured In N e w 38-Page Alco-Lite Catalog page: 57
- Trilling Medical's 'Water-Jet': Unique Product For Emergency Burn Care And Fire Protection page: 60
- TBT-Free A n t i f o u l i n g Range From International Paint Gets Enthusiastic Response page: 60
- Halter Marine Christens Fourth Of Six Ocean Surveillance Ships In $85-Million Navy Contract page: 60