MSI Opens Fourth Diesel Engine Repair Facility In St. Louis
Marine Systems Inc. (MSI), an international diesel engine repair and parts company, has established a 24-hour operation serving the St.
Headquartered in Shriever, La., with centers also located in Harvey, La., and Chesapeake, Va., MSI now has a 14,000-square-foot shop and warehouse at 140 West Circle Drive in East Alton, 111.
The new location will be guided by Mike Hawkins, general manager, and Gene Sivia, service manager, who have over 35 years' experience in the marine repair business.
They are backed by MSI's skilled technicians and a warehouse stocked with engine components and accessories, including genuine EMD engine parts and Flak reduction gear parts.
MSI's technicians are factorytrained to perform all types of engine and reduction gear repairs, from routine maintenance and emergency repairs to complete overhauls, including block and gearcase welding and machining.
At present, MSI specializes in diesel engine repairs to towboats, tugboats, supply boats, dredges and military applications.
For more information and free literature from Marine Systems, C i r c l e 6 on Reader S e r v i c e Card
Other stories from July 1989 issue
- L & L Oil Stocks Wide Variety Of Standard And Custom Lubricants page: 5
- E.N. Bisso And Son Begins Long Distance Towing page: 7
- $200 Billion Needed Over Next Decade For World Fleet Replacement page: 8
- Proposed T-Boat Rules Changes To Affect Lifesaving Equipment page: 9
- Trinity Marine Group Enters Megayacht Construction With Establishment Of Trinity Yachts, Inc. page: 10
- MAN B&W Celebrates 1,000th 20/27 Engine To Be Sold page: 11
- Tinkey, Guthans, And Farrell Elected To Key AWO Posts page: 11
- 'Rapid Response Team' Formed By ABS To Assist Clients When Vessels Are Damaged page: 11
- Detroit Diesel-Powered 'Spirit Of Philadelphia' Delivered By Blount Marine—Its 277th Vessel page: 12
- New Revolutionary River Radar System Launched By Kelvin Hughes page: 13
- National Waterways Conference To Hold Annual Meeting In St. Louis page: 13
- Repair Contract For Third 'Knox' Class Ship In Seven Months page: 14
- New Medium-Speed Engine Presented By MAN B&W Diesel At Augsburg Press Conference page: 16
- Halter Converts Supply Boat For USCG Drug Surveillance Mission page: 17
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 18
- OUTLOOK FOR THE $35-BILLION ANNUAL NAVY SHIPBUILDING MARKET page: 25
- MARINE LUBRICANTS MEETING THE DEMANDS OF NEW AND UPGRADED DIESELS page: 36
- Free Color Brochure Details New Doucette High Tech Condenser page: 43
- James Bolger Of Colonna's Shipyard Addresses Technical Staffs Of Leading Shipowners page: 44
- 360-Passenger 'Wave Piercer' Delivered By Nichols Brothers page: 44
- Coast Guard To Reexamine Rules On Ship Repair page: 46
- Si-Tex Introduces Next Generation Electronic Charting System page: 53
- MSI Opens Fourth Diesel Engine Repair Facility In St. Louis page: 53
- Barber Industries' 'Rigsaver' Assures Mobile And Stationary Engine Overspeed Protection page: 55