Leevac To Build Casino Boat To Rodney E. Lay Design
Jacksonville, Fla., naval architects and marine engineers Rodney E. Lay & Associates is completing construction detail drawings for a new 210-foot sidewheel casino vessel which will be owned and operated by Players International and Southern Illinois Riverboat Casino Cruises in Metropolis, 111. The sidewheeler will be built at Leevac Shipyards, Jennings, La., and will meet U.S. Coast Guard Subchapter "H" passenger vessel requirement.
The delivery of the vessel is scheduled for February 1993.
The sidewheeler will have casinos on the main, boiler and hurricane decks, and a canopied fourth deck. All offices, stores, hard and soft count areas and major deck machinery spaces are located below the main deck.
Main propulsion is by two MTU 12V 183-TE62 diesels, rated at 735 hp at 2,000 rpm, with ZF BW255 reverse reduction gears. Maneuverability is supported by a Schottel SST-170-T, 400-hp bow thruster with MTU 12V 183-AA91 thruster engine.
The main generating plant consists of two MTU 8V 396-TE-54, 720-kw generators. Lo-Rez vibration isolators are utilized with all major machinery. Matthews will supply a three-station steering system.
Air conditioning for the casino boat consists of two Carrier 105.8 ton A/C units with twin P/S chill water/hot water circulating systems.
A fully automatic boiler shares the circulation system for heating.
Interior design is by Direction In Design of St. Louis and gaming equipment and layout by IGT.
Other riverboat casino vessels designed by Rodney E. Lay & Associates include: the 190-foot Casino Rock Island, also built by Leevac Shipyards; the 222-foot "Casino Cat" Empress, built by Atlantic Marine(see article this issue); Mississippi Grand's moored 310-foot sternwheeler; and a 350-foot sternwheeler for Palace Station.
For free literature detailing the design services of Rodney E. Lay & Associates,
Other stories from July 1992 issue
- Markey Machinery Supplies Hawser Winch For LOOP Emergency Response Vessel page: 9
- Siemens Division Supplies Integrated Electric Propulsion System For B.C. Ferry page: 9
- $75 Million Cable Ship Launched By AT&T/ Teleglobe At FELS page: 10
- U.S. Owners Could Place $5 Billion In New Ship Orders page: 11
- Stolt-Nielsen Adds Two Inland Tankers; Acquires Comex Services page: 12
- New Oceanographic Ship Christened By MSC At Avondale page: 13
- Shaver Awards Z-Drive Tug Contract To Martinac page: 13
- Atlantic Marine Delivers 1,200-Passenger 'Empress/ New Illinois Casino Boat page: 14
- U.S.-FLAG CRUISING: READY TO SAIL? page: 16
- Unitor Offers Shipowners CFC 'Phase-Out7 Concept page: 19
- DIESEL POWER page: 21
- Great Lakes Towing Overhauls Army Tug, Expands Yard Facilities page: 28
- FMC Seeks Comments On Exempting Military Rates From ' 8 4 Ship Act page: 29
- Lugger Diesels Give Passenger Boats Economical High Speed page: 32
- CG Says New Regulations Will Remove Substandard Tankers And Operators page: 32
- Future Repair & Modernization Of U.S. Navy Ships page: 33
- Distribution Of Navy Repair Work page: 34
- ECO Delivers Two PC Ship Simulators To Navy page: 36
- Eighth LSD Class Ship Commissioned At Avondale page: 37
- ANNUAL GUIDE TO FUELS and LUBES page: 38
- COMSAT Introduces C-Linksm Dial-In Service page: 46
- NOR-FISHING '92 page: 48
- Soaring Shipbuilding Demand To Challenge Shipyard Capacity page: 49
- CREDIT IN THE BUNKER BUSINESS Pitfalls, Problems, Techniques And Solutions page: 52
- Singapore's Marine Industry Posts $ 1 . 9 Billion Growth page: 52
- Singapore Buys $12 Million VTS From Norcontrol page: 54
- FMC Issues Notice For 3 Proposed Rule Changes page: 54
- Fire Safety Actuators From N e w Joint Venture/ Stockham-Ficotech page: 55
- Siemens Launches New Industrial Systems Division page: 55
- Singmarine Launches One Of WorlcTs Largest Well Stimulation Vessels For The Western Company page: 55
- Mar Ad's Management Control Over Title XI Vessels page: 56
- HEIDRUN —A Breakthrough For Concrete Technology page: 58
- AWSC Helps 2nd-Tier Shipyards Comply With U.S. Disabilities Act page: 60
- PPM Cranes To Produce First U.S.-Built Container Reach Stacker page: 60
- SECONDHAND SHIPS: Market Sector Prospects And Investment Options During The 1990s page: 61
- Ashtech Ranger Receiver: Compact GPS Solution page: 62
- HMS Marine Introduces Halon Containment Curtain page: 62
- North Sea To Black Sea Waterway Set To Open page: 63
- New Marine Turbine For Fast Ferries From Solar Turbines page: 64
- Edson Offers Free Diaphragm Pump Catalog page: 64
- Leevac To Build Casino Boat To Rodney E. Lay Design page: 65
- Finnyards Receives 2nd $130 Million Multipurpose Icebreaker Order page: 65
- Futuristic Radisson Diamond: 21st Century Cruise Ship Delivered By Finnyards page: 66
- Flender Werft Delivers 1,724-TEU Boxship page: 67
- Lakes Shipping Affected By Low Water Levels page: 67
- MarAd Publishes Final Rule On Regulated Transactions page: 68