Keppel Performs Speedy FPSO Conversion
Keppel Shipyard, the marine unit of Keppel Corp. has broken new ground for fast track conversions of highly complex Floating Production Storage Offloading Facilities (FPSO) with the delivery of FPSO Brasil to Single Buoy Moorings (SBM), Inc.
The workscope on Brasil for the Keppel Yard is significantly larger than Espardarte FPSO, which the yard previously set a record in 2000 as the most complex conversion — completed in a little more than 10 months.
The 256,712-dwt Brasil will be leased to Petrobras SA for deployment in the Roncandor Field in the Campos Basin off the coast of Brazil. The vessel, which is capable of handling up to 100,000 bpd of crude oil production and a storage capacity of approximately 1.7 million barrels, is on a very strict production deadline — according to shipyard exec- utives.
Keppel has also reached out to the Middle East market as a result of the integration of its offshore and marine businesses under its subsidiary -— Keppel Offshore & Marine. For the first time, Keppel's O&M yard, Arab Heavy Industries in Ajman, UAE, performed the repair of a jack-up drilling rig, Ekhabi, which was working in the Persian Gulf for its owner, Far East Marine Company. From Singapore, Keppel FELS supported and worked with AHI on the execution of the job for the rig.
Keppel has another repair contract in the works for Foresight Drilling's Foresight Driller V, expected to be completed in October 2002.
Circle 42 on Reader Service Card www.mariHmereporterinfo.com
Other stories from October 2002 issue
- Fincantieri Proceeds on Costa Fortuna page: 8
- The Genoa Sestri Shipyard page: 9
- RoRo Vessel Jolly Rubino Runs Aground page: 10
- Rolls Royce Engine Passes Initial Tests page: 11
- Crescent Tankships Orders Product Tankers page: 11
- The Risks of Cargo and Maritime Security page: 12
- Hydrex Broadens Its Hori^on^With Ney Bow Thruster Replacement Methods page: 18
- Keppel Performs Speedy FPSO Conversion page: 19
- ASRY Holds Another Busy Quarter page: 20
- UMC Goes Beneath The Surface page: 20
- United Defense Receives Theater Surface Award page: 20
- Where Everyone is A Celebrity page: 21
- Gladding-Hearn Delivers New Bermuda Ferry Contract page: 22
- Fresh Fuel Cell Initiatives page: 24
- Simulating Evacuation page: 26
- Houston Celebrates Rickmers Hamburg's Maiden Voyage page: 27
- Purposeful Chinese page: 27
- Izar And Rolls-Royce Plan High Speed Cargo Vessel page: 27
- The Littoral Combat Ship: Force Multiplier for the 21st Century page: 28
- NASSCO Delivers USNS Soderman to U.S. Navy page: 31
- Family of Ships Employs Spiral Design page: 31
- New Warships Will Transform U.S. Navy page: 32
- "Start Spreading the News ..." page: 33
- Retired Radm. Foley to Lead Gulfport Facility page: 34
- UFRJ Wins Student Design Competition page: 35
- KMSS Maritime Black Box: More Than Just A VDR page: 40
- Tech Helps Ignite Gas Ship Market page: 43
- How Far Has E-Procurement Come in the Maritime Community? page: 44
- Coatings Corrosion — A Natural Predator page: 46
- Haraco Services Now Part of Miihlhan Group page: 51
- New DynaMatch System Provides Versatility page: 51