Bollinger Delivers Tidewater Supply Boat Jonathan Rozier
Bollinger Shipyards delivered the Jonathan Rozier, the third of four 207-ft.
(63 m), 4,750 bhp supply boats to Tidewater, Inc. This vessel follows the Lousteau Tide and Deville Tide.
Bollinger's new 220 class offshore support vessels (OSV). designed for Tidewater. The fourth vessel. Bourgeois Tide will be delivered in April of 2004.
Jonathan Rozier measures 207 x 53-ft.
(63 x 16.2 m), and is 19-ft. (5.8 m) deep.
Light draft is 6.5 ft. (1.98 m); loaded draft is 16.2 ft. (4.9 m). It has two Caterpillar 35I6B diesel engines developing a total of 4,750 bhp at 1,600 rpm driving two Rolls Royce US 205 ZDrives.
The bowthruster is a (Rolls-Royce) Ulstein-Aquamaster Combi Azimuth/Tunnel Thruster type TCNC 73/50-170, hinged retractable, powered by a Caterpillar 3508B diesel providing greater maneuverability and station keeping.
The cargo deck has a clear area of 5,808 sq. ft. capable of carrying 1,380 long tons.
Liquid mud capacity is 6,223 barrels and bulk capacity is 6.000 cu. ft. Airconditioned and heated accommodations are provided for 26 people in 11 cabins.
A double bed hospital is also included and the boat's galley can serve 12 persons at a time.
Jonathan Rozier is U. S. flagged and classed by the ABS Maltese Cross Al, AMS. DPS 1 and documented by the U.
S. Coast Guard under sub-chapter L OSV & I Misc.
Vessel and carries full SOLAS certificate.
Jonathan Rozier is named in memory of 1 st Lt. Jonathan Rozier, who was killed July 19, 2003 just outside of Baghdad. Iraq.
He was assigned to Bravo Company, 2-7()th Armor, 3rd Brigade, I st Armored Division. Rozier is the grandson of deceased Gwen Phillips, a Tidewater corporate headquarters employee of 24 years.
Other stories from March 2004 issue
- Bollinger Delivers Tidewater Supply Boat Jonathan Rozier page: 8
- World's Largest Dry Transport Vessel Delivered page: 10
- Port security: A Historical Perspective page: 12
- Delayed Enforcement of Change to "Shipper" Element page: 16
- MTSA: Another Key Layer of Port Security page: 17
- When Security is Made Simple page: 20
- Business Milestone for Vietnam page: 24
- "Made in Germany1 — a New High page: 24
- Miracle on Ice page: 26
- New President & CEO at Kvaerner Masa-Yards page: 28
- He's No Regular Joe page: 30
- Cruise Passenger Travel Grows 8 Percent; New York and Galveston Post Big Gains page: 32
- HAL's Vista Sails with ROCHEM Technology page: 33
- Royal Caribbean Takes Mariner of the Seas page: 34
- NorseMerchant Ferries Plans Service Upgrade page: 37
- Grimaldi Continues Fast Track Expansion page: 38
- Costa Places $450m Order With Fincantieri page: 40
- Losing ontact... Not an Option page: 44
- Ship Security Alert Systems (SSAS) page: 50
- GALILEO Lifts Off page: 52
- Icebreaker Uses Satellite to Break Through Communications Barriers page: 55
- Cellular Fixed Wireless Helps Deliver Mercy page: 57
- Homing in on Ships' Electrics page: 58
- Shipconstructor Chosen as Standard page: 61
- Contract for New Product Tanker Design page: 62
- BollFilter: 50 Years of Success and Counting page: 65
- The Corrosion Control Challenge page: 66
- Nippon Paint Restructures page: 69
- Metal Fusion Helps Stop Corrosion page: 69
- Maritime Security Professional Training page: 72
- Training the Trainer to Keep Knowledge Afloat page: 74