Allied Systems Tapped by Coast Guard
Allied Systems Company's DC-8600CTS, a single point 7-meter rigid hull inflatable rescue boat davit system, will equip the USCG Maritime Security Cutter Large. Allied Systems Company's model DC- 8600CTS, a 7-meter rescue boat davit system with an 8,600 lb safe working load, will be installed on the USCG Maritime Security Cutter, Large (WMSL 750).
Currently under construction, the WMSL will be a 421 -ft. vessel with a 4,112-ton displacement at full load. The ship will be powered by a twin-screw combined diesel and gas turbine power propulsion plant designed to travel at maximum speed of 28 knots. The cutter will include an aft launch and recovery area for two rigid hull inflatable boats; a flight deck to accommodate a range of rotary wing manned and unmanned aircraft and state of the art command and control electronics.
Allied System's rescue boat davit system includes an integral boat cradle, active drive constant tension winch, removable boat docking head and control box.
The DC-86000CTS is completely self-contained, requiring only electrical power. It features a watertight tethered electronic control box for normal operations that can be attached to most any desired deck location, in addition to an auxiliary back-up control panel located on the davit. The SOLAS approved davit is powered by a 75 horsepower electro-hydraulic power unit conin structed of 316 stainless steel.
Circle 16 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 2004 issue
- Seville Shipyard Delivers Ferry to ENTMV page: 7
- U.S. Ocean Dumping Act page: 10
- Continuous Flooding Simulation page: 14
- Mark Your Calendar page: 15
- Great Ships of 2004 page: 18
- CMA CGM Hugo: A 8,200 TEU Class Containership page: 25
- "World's Largest" Heavy Lift Ship Enters Service page: 26
- Golar Viking, A 140,000 cu. m. Membrane LNG Carrier page: 26
- Maersk Durban: Innovative Panamax Containership page: 27
- Ardenne Venture, A 318,000 DWT VLCC page: 27
- Meeting the Ballast Water Challenge page: 31
- New Towing Module page: 32
- Enzian Ships Get Complete Cargo Solution page: 32
- NorMar Introduced page: 34
- Allied Systems Tapped by Coast Guard page: 35