Norwegian Maritime Equipment AS has developed a new, complete program of lifeboats and rescueboats. The program is currently introduced to the market under the brand name NorMar, and embraces a full scope of enclosed lifeboats, free-fall lifeboats, semi-enclosed lifeboats and rescueboats. Enclosed lifeboats: Included in the program are enclosed lifeboats of a variety of sizes, from 5 m to 9.35 m. The capacity varies from 22 to 102 persons. These boats comes in cargo as well as tanker versions. Standard propulsion is Bukh diesel, but other engine makes are optional.
• Free-fall lifeboats: Also free-fall lifeboats can be delivered in many sizes, from 4.9m to 8.5m and corresponding capacities from 19 to 48 persons. The drop height can be as much as 25m. The free-fall lifeboats comes in both cargo and tanker versions, and can be delivered with a number of engine options. Standard engine is Bukh.
• Semi-enclosed lifeboats: The program also includes semi-enclosed lifeboats with capacity from 45 to 150 persons, and corresponding lengths from 7.5m to 9.6m. Bukh propulsion is standard, but other makes are optional.
Rescueboats: NorMar's scope of rescuboats consists of a number of versions with capacity from six to 15 persons and lengths from 4.25m to 7.5m. The rescueboats are equipped with either outboard motors or inboard engine with waterjet.
Over the last couple of years Norwegian Maritime Equipment AS has had a steady increase in the deliveries of life-saving equipment, e. g. provided many ship owners and major offshore companies like Bergesen. IUM. AGIP. Singel Buoy Morings ans Stolt Offshore with complete life-saving packages.
Circle 28 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 2004 issue
- Seville Shipyard Delivers Ferry to ENTMV page: 7
- U.S. Ocean Dumping Act page: 10
- Continuous Flooding Simulation page: 14
- Mark Your Calendar page: 15
- Great Ships of 2004 page: 18
- CMA CGM Hugo: A 8,200 TEU Class Containership page: 25
- "World's Largest" Heavy Lift Ship Enters Service page: 26
- Golar Viking, A 140,000 cu. m. Membrane LNG Carrier page: 26
- Maersk Durban: Innovative Panamax Containership page: 27
- Ardenne Venture, A 318,000 DWT VLCC page: 27
- Meeting the Ballast Water Challenge page: 31
- New Towing Module page: 32
- Enzian Ships Get Complete Cargo Solution page: 32
- NorMar Introduced page: 34
- Allied Systems Tapped by Coast Guard page: 35