Mark Your Calendar
On the heels of success in Washington, D.C., the SNAME Annual Meeting & International Maritime Exhibition is set to expand to 200 booths and is scheduled for October 20-21 in Houston, Texas. Watch these pages in the coming months for new developments regarding this crucial maritime event, or visit www.sname.org for program details. To book a booth in the expanded exhibition hall, contact Rob Howard at tel: 561-732-4368 or e-mail: email@example.com edge coverage properties of the Sigma solvent free product range.
The solvent free nature of Sigma Novaguard means that it is more environmentally friendly than solvent based products both in terms of VOC emission and health and safety, with the solvent free nature of Sigma Novaguard improving the working conditions for the applicator as well as reducing the explosion hazard.
Application can be carried out by brush or roller for small areas and cold single feed airless spray for large areas.
Sigma Novaguard allows the user to specify/apply it at dry film thickness down to 150 microns, enabling a two coat system of total 300 microns to be specified. Previously the minimum application film thickness for a single coat solvent free tank coating was in the order of 300 microns making the cost of coating complex structures, which required two coats to ensure good coverage, was in some cases prohibitive.
The excellent flow, wetting of the steel and resistance to cracking at high film thicknesses mean that it is ideally suited to for application to pitted steel where a high degree of chemical resistance is required. Sigma Novaguard is the solution for vessels such as product carriers where tanktop pitting can be a problem or FPSO's (newbuilding or conversion) where a relatively high degree of chemical resistance is essential combined with a long-term performance requirements, as these vessels can typically be on station for 1 0 - 2 0 years with little or no possibility for maintenance.
Circle 8 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from December 2004 issue
- Seville Shipyard Delivers Ferry to ENTMV page: 7
- U.S. Ocean Dumping Act page: 10
- Continuous Flooding Simulation page: 14
- Mark Your Calendar page: 15
- Great Ships of 2004 page: 18
- CMA CGM Hugo: A 8,200 TEU Class Containership page: 25
- "World's Largest" Heavy Lift Ship Enters Service page: 26
- Golar Viking, A 140,000 cu. m. Membrane LNG Carrier page: 26
- Maersk Durban: Innovative Panamax Containership page: 27
- Ardenne Venture, A 318,000 DWT VLCC page: 27
- Meeting the Ballast Water Challenge page: 31
- New Towing Module page: 32
- Enzian Ships Get Complete Cargo Solution page: 32
- NorMar Introduced page: 34
- Allied Systems Tapped by Coast Guard page: 35