NSF Certifies Demco Aeration Type Packaged Sewage Treatment
A line of extended aeration type packaged sewage treatment plants manufactured by Demco Incorporated has been certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) for onshore and offshore use.
Demco offers the plants in 18 sizes ranging in capacity from 325 to 12,500 gallons of sewage daily (from five to 400 persons, depending upon loading conditions) .
NSF authorized use of its seal on Demco plants after careful evaluation of specifications, biological test data and a full engineering analysis comparing all sizes of units. In addition, vibration, shock, pressure and temperature range tests were successfully completed in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard regulation 33 CFR Part 159.15.
The Demco plants are certified by the U.S. Coast Guard, and meet or exceed U.S. Geological Survey and anticipated IMCO effluent requirements.
The plants treat all degradable wastes, including paper, grease, oil, detergents, garbage and human wastes.
Sewage entering the plant is consumed by biological action in two aeration compartments prior to clarification and chlorination.
The clear, odorless discharge contains less than 25 PPM biochemical oxygen demand and 50 PPM or less suspended solids.
For further information, contact Paul Sturdivan, Demco Incorporated, 845 Southeast 29, Oklahoma City, Okla. 73109.
Other stories from April 15, 1977 issue
- MRIS Publishes Cumulative Index For 1970-1976 page: 4
- Zapper, Inc. Applies For Title XI To Build $9-Million Barge Carrier page: 6
- New Development Team For Ocean Liners page: 6
- Fred S. Sherman Elected AIMS Board Chairman page: 7
- McAllister Expands Container Feeder Service With $2-Million 300-Foot Ocean Deck Barge page: 11
- Equitable Sends Two 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia On Deck Of Lykes Ship Via Cape Of Good Hope page: 11
- North America-Mideast Trade To Get Largest Ro/Ro Ships In New Seaspeed Service This Month page: 14
- Offshore Technology Conference Technical Session Timetable page: 14
- Prudential, Stanwick Develop Shipboard Maintenance System page: 19
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Towboat With Elevating Pilothouse To International Paper page: 22
- Dr. Anderson Describes Construction Of Offshore Concrete Facility To SNAME Los Angeles Section page: 22
- Hyundai Mipo Commissions Two Additional Graving Docks For Large Vessel Repairs page: 25
- Pacific Northwest Section Presents Two Papers And Tour Of Vessels page: 25
- Water Lubricated Rubber Bearings Subject Of SNAME San Diego Meeting page: 26
- Alaska Asks For Bids To Stretchout And Modify The M / V Matanuska page: 26
- Dravo Corp. Names Greene And Jelic page: 27
- Dynell Offers Latitude/Longitude Omega Receiver page: 28
- Mobile, Bottom Supported Drilling And Production Platform page: 33
- Bourg Dry Dock & Service Appoints Two Executives page: 34
- Toutant And LaGrange Named Vice Presidents At Jeffboat, Inc. page: 35
- Raytheon Company Introduces A Dual-Axis Doppler Speed Log page: 38
- Number Of Vessels Classed By ABS Increased In 1976 page: 40
- Pacific Towboat Names Four To Executive Posts page: 41
- Santa Fe Affiliate Receives $40-Million Saudi Arabian Contract page: 43
- Shipbuilders Council Elects New Board page: 43
- Astilleros Espanoles Names Wesley Wheeler Exclusive U.S.A. Rep page: 44
- Farrell Lines Inc. Names Captain Moore page: 44
- Philadelphia ASNE And SNAME Sections Hear Presentation On The Arapho Concept page: 45
- Henschel Corp. Offers Literature On New Digital Shaft RPM Indicators page: 46
- Dillingham Ship Repair Names Charles Carter And Cliff Pritchard page: 46
- Crowley Assigns Ducich To Caribbean Division page: 48
- Fort Schuyler Forum Celebrates 25th Anniversary —Discusses 'Marine Chemist' And 'Marine Safety' page: 48
- NOAA Awards Contract To French Company page: 50
- Schedule Announced For ASNE Day May 5-6 page: 50
- New Barge Company Formed To Serve Alaska page: 51
- Gulf Mississippi Marine Signs For Three Vessels From George Engine page: 52
- NSF Certifies Demco Aeration Type Packaged Sewage Treatment page: 52
- ABS Elects Eleven New Members —Five New Managers page: 54
- R.L. Fagan Rejoins Stanwick Corporation page: 54
- MarAd Releases Study On Great Lakes Shipping page: 55
- K.E. Sheehan Elected Vice President Of ABS page: 56
- Kawasaki/Philippines Form Company To Build Large Ship Repair Yard page: 57
- Ship Stern Study Released By MarAd page: 57
- Maryland Port Adm. Moves To Baltimore World Trade Center page: 58
- ICHCA Elects Farrell President U.S. Committee page: 58
- Petro-Marine Announces Major Reorganization page: 59
- ASNE Northern New England Section Elects Officers—Speaker Compares USSR And U.S. Warship Design Practice page: 60
- AWO Elects Stegbauer Chairman Of Board page: 61