ICHCA Elects Farrell President U.S. Committee
E.J. Heine Jr., president of United States Lines, Inc., as outgoing president of the United States Committee of the International Cargo Handling Coordination Association (ICHCA), has announced the election of John J.
Farrell Jr. as president of the U.S. Committee ICHCA.
Mr. Farrell is one of the leading figures in the world of cargo handling. He is president of International Terminal Operating Company, Inc., and is a director of New York Shipping Association and a governor of the Downtown Athletic Club. He is an active member of the General Stevedoring Council, as well as the National Association of Stevedores.
Also newly elected was Herman D. Tabak of Freight Conference Services, who is elected to the post of secretary of the U.S.
Committee, replacing A.T. De- Smedt, president of Reefer Express Lines, who has served as secretary for the past two years.
The following officers and directors were reelected to serve new terms on the board of the U.S. Committee: treasurer—Bernard Gelman, supervisor and financial analyst, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; regional vice presidents — J.P.
Gray, vice president, Matson Terminals, J.C. Jessen, director of traffic, E.I. du Pont de Nemours, and Edward S. Reed, chairman, Port of New Orleans Port Authority; directors—Prof. Leon N.
Moses, director, Transportation Institute, Northwestern University, and Ben E. Nutter, chairman, Port of Oakland Port Authority.
In his capacity as president of the U.S. Committee, Mr. Farrell will be attending the World Conference of ICHCA in Melbourne, Australia, after which he will be announcing plans for future activities of the U.S. Committee.
Other stories from April 15, 1977 issue
- MRIS Publishes Cumulative Index For 1970-1976 page: 4
- Zapper, Inc. Applies For Title XI To Build $9-Million Barge Carrier page: 6
- New Development Team For Ocean Liners page: 6
- Fred S. Sherman Elected AIMS Board Chairman page: 7
- McAllister Expands Container Feeder Service With $2-Million 300-Foot Ocean Deck Barge page: 11
- Equitable Sends Two 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia On Deck Of Lykes Ship Via Cape Of Good Hope page: 11
- North America-Mideast Trade To Get Largest Ro/Ro Ships In New Seaspeed Service This Month page: 14
- Offshore Technology Conference Technical Session Timetable page: 14
- Prudential, Stanwick Develop Shipboard Maintenance System page: 19
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Towboat With Elevating Pilothouse To International Paper page: 22
- Dr. Anderson Describes Construction Of Offshore Concrete Facility To SNAME Los Angeles Section page: 22
- Hyundai Mipo Commissions Two Additional Graving Docks For Large Vessel Repairs page: 25
- Pacific Northwest Section Presents Two Papers And Tour Of Vessels page: 25
- Water Lubricated Rubber Bearings Subject Of SNAME San Diego Meeting page: 26
- Alaska Asks For Bids To Stretchout And Modify The M / V Matanuska page: 26
- Dravo Corp. Names Greene And Jelic page: 27
- Dynell Offers Latitude/Longitude Omega Receiver page: 28
- Mobile, Bottom Supported Drilling And Production Platform page: 33
- Bourg Dry Dock & Service Appoints Two Executives page: 34
- Toutant And LaGrange Named Vice Presidents At Jeffboat, Inc. page: 35
- Raytheon Company Introduces A Dual-Axis Doppler Speed Log page: 38
- Number Of Vessels Classed By ABS Increased In 1976 page: 40
- Pacific Towboat Names Four To Executive Posts page: 41
- Santa Fe Affiliate Receives $40-Million Saudi Arabian Contract page: 43
- Shipbuilders Council Elects New Board page: 43
- Astilleros Espanoles Names Wesley Wheeler Exclusive U.S.A. Rep page: 44
- Farrell Lines Inc. Names Captain Moore page: 44
- Philadelphia ASNE And SNAME Sections Hear Presentation On The Arapho Concept page: 45
- Henschel Corp. Offers Literature On New Digital Shaft RPM Indicators page: 46
- Dillingham Ship Repair Names Charles Carter And Cliff Pritchard page: 46
- Crowley Assigns Ducich To Caribbean Division page: 48
- Fort Schuyler Forum Celebrates 25th Anniversary —Discusses 'Marine Chemist' And 'Marine Safety' page: 48
- NOAA Awards Contract To French Company page: 50
- Schedule Announced For ASNE Day May 5-6 page: 50
- New Barge Company Formed To Serve Alaska page: 51
- Gulf Mississippi Marine Signs For Three Vessels From George Engine page: 52
- NSF Certifies Demco Aeration Type Packaged Sewage Treatment page: 52
- ABS Elects Eleven New Members —Five New Managers page: 54
- R.L. Fagan Rejoins Stanwick Corporation page: 54
- MarAd Releases Study On Great Lakes Shipping page: 55
- K.E. Sheehan Elected Vice President Of ABS page: 56
- Kawasaki/Philippines Form Company To Build Large Ship Repair Yard page: 57
- Ship Stern Study Released By MarAd page: 57
- Maryland Port Adm. Moves To Baltimore World Trade Center page: 58
- ICHCA Elects Farrell President U.S. Committee page: 58
- Petro-Marine Announces Major Reorganization page: 59
- ASNE Northern New England Section Elects Officers—Speaker Compares USSR And U.S. Warship Design Practice page: 60
- AWO Elects Stegbauer Chairman Of Board page: 61