Pacific Towboat Names Four To Executive Posts
Harold Malterre has been named vice president and general manager of Pacific Towboat & Salvage Co. of Long Beach, Calif., it was announced by Dave Ballash, president of Dillingham Maritime- Western Division.
At the same time Mr. Ballash announced the appointment of John Turner, long-time PacTow executive, as chairman of the board. Two key marketing and operations officers also were named.
"All these appointments bring long service and experience to assist PacTow in the servicing and expansion of its markets," Mr.
Ballash said. In addition to his Dillingham post, Mr. Ballash is president of Foss Tug & Barge, a Dillingham company with headquarters in Seattle, Wash.
Mr. Malterre has had a wide range of traffic experience with Dillingham, beginning in 1964 when he joined the company as a management trainee. Since 1972, he has served as PacTow operations and marketing manager. He was graduated from Chaminade College in Honolulu, and holds a master's degree in business administration f r o m Pepperdine University.
Named PacTow operations manager was Jul Nickerson, who has been manager of Puget Sound sales for Foss Launch & Tug at Seattle. Mr. Nickerson, a University of Minnesota graduate in naval science, has served as an officer aboard the icebreaker Burton Island as well as on tugboats, oceanography r e s e a r c h vessels and the hydrofoil Victoria before joining Foss.
Larry Francois, appointed marketing manager, for offshore services for PacTow, has held key posts in this country and abroad for Tidewater Marine Services Inc., including assignments at Santa Barbara, Calif., Cairo, London, and New Orleans, La. He is a graduate of St. Louis University with a degree in business administration.
Other stories from April 15, 1977 issue
- MRIS Publishes Cumulative Index For 1970-1976 page: 4
- Zapper, Inc. Applies For Title XI To Build $9-Million Barge Carrier page: 6
- New Development Team For Ocean Liners page: 6
- Fred S. Sherman Elected AIMS Board Chairman page: 7
- McAllister Expands Container Feeder Service With $2-Million 300-Foot Ocean Deck Barge page: 11
- Equitable Sends Two 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia On Deck Of Lykes Ship Via Cape Of Good Hope page: 11
- North America-Mideast Trade To Get Largest Ro/Ro Ships In New Seaspeed Service This Month page: 14
- Offshore Technology Conference Technical Session Timetable page: 14
- Prudential, Stanwick Develop Shipboard Maintenance System page: 19
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Towboat With Elevating Pilothouse To International Paper page: 22
- Dr. Anderson Describes Construction Of Offshore Concrete Facility To SNAME Los Angeles Section page: 22
- Hyundai Mipo Commissions Two Additional Graving Docks For Large Vessel Repairs page: 25
- Pacific Northwest Section Presents Two Papers And Tour Of Vessels page: 25
- Water Lubricated Rubber Bearings Subject Of SNAME San Diego Meeting page: 26
- Alaska Asks For Bids To Stretchout And Modify The M / V Matanuska page: 26
- Dravo Corp. Names Greene And Jelic page: 27
- Dynell Offers Latitude/Longitude Omega Receiver page: 28
- Mobile, Bottom Supported Drilling And Production Platform page: 33
- Bourg Dry Dock & Service Appoints Two Executives page: 34
- Toutant And LaGrange Named Vice Presidents At Jeffboat, Inc. page: 35
- Raytheon Company Introduces A Dual-Axis Doppler Speed Log page: 38
- Number Of Vessels Classed By ABS Increased In 1976 page: 40
- Pacific Towboat Names Four To Executive Posts page: 41
- Santa Fe Affiliate Receives $40-Million Saudi Arabian Contract page: 43
- Shipbuilders Council Elects New Board page: 43
- Astilleros Espanoles Names Wesley Wheeler Exclusive U.S.A. Rep page: 44
- Farrell Lines Inc. Names Captain Moore page: 44
- Philadelphia ASNE And SNAME Sections Hear Presentation On The Arapho Concept page: 45
- Henschel Corp. Offers Literature On New Digital Shaft RPM Indicators page: 46
- Dillingham Ship Repair Names Charles Carter And Cliff Pritchard page: 46
- Crowley Assigns Ducich To Caribbean Division page: 48
- Fort Schuyler Forum Celebrates 25th Anniversary —Discusses 'Marine Chemist' And 'Marine Safety' page: 48
- NOAA Awards Contract To French Company page: 50
- Schedule Announced For ASNE Day May 5-6 page: 50
- New Barge Company Formed To Serve Alaska page: 51
- Gulf Mississippi Marine Signs For Three Vessels From George Engine page: 52
- NSF Certifies Demco Aeration Type Packaged Sewage Treatment page: 52
- ABS Elects Eleven New Members —Five New Managers page: 54
- R.L. Fagan Rejoins Stanwick Corporation page: 54
- MarAd Releases Study On Great Lakes Shipping page: 55
- K.E. Sheehan Elected Vice President Of ABS page: 56
- Kawasaki/Philippines Form Company To Build Large Ship Repair Yard page: 57
- Ship Stern Study Released By MarAd page: 57
- Maryland Port Adm. Moves To Baltimore World Trade Center page: 58
- ICHCA Elects Farrell President U.S. Committee page: 58
- Petro-Marine Announces Major Reorganization page: 59
- ASNE Northern New England Section Elects Officers—Speaker Compares USSR And U.S. Warship Design Practice page: 60
- AWO Elects Stegbauer Chairman Of Board page: 61