Atlantic Sandblasting Receives Fourteen-Ship Mexican Contract
Atlantic Sandblasting & Coatings, Inc. was recently awarded a sandblasting and coatings contract for a total of 14 ships by PEMEX and Sociedad Civil Seccion of Mexico.
The first ship of a total of 14, the Plan de Guadalupe, arrived in Tampa, Fla., on August 29.
Louis Preziosi, president of Atlantic Sandblasting and Coatings, Inc., has been negotiating the contract for over a year with the owners.
The sandblasting and coating project for internal tank linings will be performed in conjunction with Tampa Ship Repair & Dry Dock Co., Inc., a division of The American Ship Building Company.
Atlantic Sandblasting & Coatings, Inc., is the prime contractor, and is subcontracting the pier facilities and various services from Tampa Ship.
Matthew E. Clark Jr., vice president of sales and marketing of Atlantic Sandblasting & Coatings, Inc., is coordinating all activities with Tampa Ship Repair & Dry Dock Co.
Kenneth Lang, vice president of production, is presently overseeing major sandblasting and c o a t i n g p r o j e c t s at Maryland Shipbuilding & Drydock Co. and also Norfolk Shipbuilding & Drydock Corp., but will be joining the blasting and coating project in Tampa in the near future.
Atlantic Sandblasting & Coatings, Inc. has been in business for over 20 years, and has grown into one of the leading sandblasting and coating contractors in the marine industry. Atlantic Sandblasting & Coatings, Inc., main office is at 505 Faulkenburg Road, Tampa, Fla. 33619, with branch offices in New York, N.Y. and San Francisco, Calif.
Other stories from October 15, 1977 issue
- $11-Million Award To Raymond Int'l For Dock Work In Nigeria page: 4
- James A. Farrell Jr. Receives Admiral Of The Ocean Sea (AOTOS) Award page: 6
- Bethlehem Beaumont To Build Teledyne Drilling Platform page: 6
- Newport News Lays Keel For First ULCC In $418-Million Contract page: 6
- American Bureau Of Shipping Elects Johnston President page: 10
- DeLong Corporation Appoints Ogden Chief Engineer page: 10
- Dockside To Represent Burmeister & Wain In Southern California page: 11
- Sun Company Names Maling Vice President page: 11
- Atlantic Sandblasting Receives Fourteen-Ship Mexican Contract page: 12
- Paul Atkinson Retires, Peter Hepp Elected Sun Ship President page: 14
- Zapata Names Four Senior Executives To New Posts page: 18
- Booklet Describes Vinyl Coatings For Corrosion Control page: 18
- Carrington Launches Self-Unloading Cement Carrier page: 22
- Bird-Johnson Appoints National And Regional Sales Managers page: 23
- Ro/Ro Shipping-An Appraisal Of Its Role In Dry Cargo Trade page: 24
- Senior USCG Advisor Robert Lakey Joins Helge Ringdal, Inc. page: 26
- Five Companies Form Technology Group To Build Canadian Ships page: 27
- Shipowners Seek To Enjoin Alaska State Tanker Law page: 28
- Avondale Launches 165,000-DWT Tanker For Standard Oil (Ohio) Alaskan Service page: 29
- R.E. Derecktor Delivers Tug To Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co. page: 30
- Paper On Drydock Designs Presented At San Diego Meeting page: 34
- Schneider And Moody Named To New Posts At Moore-McCormack Lines page: 34
- Burmeister & Wain Opens Marine Service Center In Hong Kong page: 34
- Prudential Lines Names Captain George Evans page: 35
- Brochure Describes Removal Of Smoke From Air Vents page: 35
- Gotaverken Delivers Third Tanker For Iraq page: 36
- Crossocean Shipping Names Thomas Giardino page: 36
- Johnston Vertical Pumps Names Hoffert Marine page: 36
- United States Lines Names Capt. Yarborough Assistant Marine Supt. page: 39
- Varo Names Johnson Marine Coordinator page: 39
- American Club Triples Tonnage In Five Years page: 39
- MarAd Releases 15 Technical Reports On Gas Turbines page: 42
- Bath Iron Works Appoints Igo Jekkals page: 43
- Webb Institute Receives Grant For Research Facilities page: 43
- ABS Reports Increase In Classifications page: 44
- APL Team To Analyze Systems Controlling Steam Plants On Ships page: 45
- Stow Introduces New Remote Valve Control Flexible Shaft page: 46
- U.S. Navy Officers Assigned To Kings Point page: 46
- Owners Strongly Oppose Federal Financing Bank Control Of Title XI page: 47
- Eleven New Members Elected To American Bureau Of Shipping page: 48
- CCL Shipcare Limited New Marine Service page: 48
- New Maritime Firm Port Fabricators, Inc. Active In Louisiana page: 50
- Edwin G.B. Terry Joins Tidewater Marine Service page: 53
- Waterproofed Engines On Self-Righting Lifeboat Restart Following Capsize page: 53
- Lloyd's Register Announces Major Changes For 1978 page: 54
- DeLong Jack Systems Described In Brochure page: 55