Senior USCG Advisor Robert Lakey Joins Helge Ringdal, Inc.
Senior Technical Advisor to the U.S. Coast Guard in Washington, D.C., Robert J. Lakey, has resigned from the Coast Guard to join the marine consulting, brokering and trading firm Helge Ringdal, Inc., 1100 Milam, Suite 2775, Houston, Texas 77002.
Mr. Lakey, a native Texan, will head up Ringdal's new Marine Consulting Department as vice president. The new division will offer expert technical, regulatory and commercial advice on marine transportation, with emphasis on the t r a n s p o r t a t i o n of energy (LPG, LNG and oil), and chemicals.
Helge Ringdal, Inc., a subsidiary of Helge Ringdal A/S, Oslo, Norway, has been in operation in Houston since 1975. The company has arranged annual seminars for the U.S. oil and gas industry on marine transportation of LPG. It has acted as maritime consultants and advisors to several major U.S.
corporations, and has been instrumental in putting together a number of investment projects in the field of offshore drilling and exploration.
The company operates internationally through their own offices and a network of correspondents worldwide.
In Houston, the company acts as marine consultants, shipbrokers and offshore investment brokers.
The company also arranges project financing in cooperation with banks and investors worldwide.
The new vice president, Robert J. Lakey, is presently chairman of the Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO) Sub-Committee on Bulk Chemicals. He has been actively involved in President Carter's tanker safety initiatives, as well as the development and implementation of U.S. policies concerned with IMCO participation and the IMCO Code for Liquefied Gas Tankers, IMCO Code for Chemical Tankers, and also represented the U.S. in bilateral and technical discussions on tanker safety internationally.
Other stories from October 15, 1977 issue
- $11-Million Award To Raymond Int'l For Dock Work In Nigeria page: 4
- James A. Farrell Jr. Receives Admiral Of The Ocean Sea (AOTOS) Award page: 6
- Bethlehem Beaumont To Build Teledyne Drilling Platform page: 6
- Newport News Lays Keel For First ULCC In $418-Million Contract page: 6
- American Bureau Of Shipping Elects Johnston President page: 10
- DeLong Corporation Appoints Ogden Chief Engineer page: 10
- Dockside To Represent Burmeister & Wain In Southern California page: 11
- Sun Company Names Maling Vice President page: 11
- Atlantic Sandblasting Receives Fourteen-Ship Mexican Contract page: 12
- Paul Atkinson Retires, Peter Hepp Elected Sun Ship President page: 14
- Zapata Names Four Senior Executives To New Posts page: 18
- Booklet Describes Vinyl Coatings For Corrosion Control page: 18
- Carrington Launches Self-Unloading Cement Carrier page: 22
- Bird-Johnson Appoints National And Regional Sales Managers page: 23
- Ro/Ro Shipping-An Appraisal Of Its Role In Dry Cargo Trade page: 24
- Senior USCG Advisor Robert Lakey Joins Helge Ringdal, Inc. page: 26
- Five Companies Form Technology Group To Build Canadian Ships page: 27
- Shipowners Seek To Enjoin Alaska State Tanker Law page: 28
- Avondale Launches 165,000-DWT Tanker For Standard Oil (Ohio) Alaskan Service page: 29
- R.E. Derecktor Delivers Tug To Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co. page: 30
- Paper On Drydock Designs Presented At San Diego Meeting page: 34
- Schneider And Moody Named To New Posts At Moore-McCormack Lines page: 34
- Burmeister & Wain Opens Marine Service Center In Hong Kong page: 34
- Prudential Lines Names Captain George Evans page: 35
- Brochure Describes Removal Of Smoke From Air Vents page: 35
- Gotaverken Delivers Third Tanker For Iraq page: 36
- Crossocean Shipping Names Thomas Giardino page: 36
- Johnston Vertical Pumps Names Hoffert Marine page: 36
- United States Lines Names Capt. Yarborough Assistant Marine Supt. page: 39
- Varo Names Johnson Marine Coordinator page: 39
- American Club Triples Tonnage In Five Years page: 39
- MarAd Releases 15 Technical Reports On Gas Turbines page: 42
- Bath Iron Works Appoints Igo Jekkals page: 43
- Webb Institute Receives Grant For Research Facilities page: 43
- ABS Reports Increase In Classifications page: 44
- APL Team To Analyze Systems Controlling Steam Plants On Ships page: 45
- Stow Introduces New Remote Valve Control Flexible Shaft page: 46
- U.S. Navy Officers Assigned To Kings Point page: 46
- Owners Strongly Oppose Federal Financing Bank Control Of Title XI page: 47
- Eleven New Members Elected To American Bureau Of Shipping page: 48
- CCL Shipcare Limited New Marine Service page: 48
- New Maritime Firm Port Fabricators, Inc. Active In Louisiana page: 50
- Edwin G.B. Terry Joins Tidewater Marine Service page: 53
- Waterproofed Engines On Self-Righting Lifeboat Restart Following Capsize page: 53
- Lloyd's Register Announces Major Changes For 1978 page: 54
- DeLong Jack Systems Described In Brochure page: 55