Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line
Cummins Engine Company recently announced new engine model codes for their worldwide marine product line. The new models are being adopted to identify all new products by liters instead of present cubic-inch displacement.
These new codes have been formulated to provide a consistent marine engine model description covering engine series, aspiration, displacement in liters, market application, and in some cases special or unique features.
The marine models that represent Cummins product line for the 80s and beyond will incorporate the new nomenclature. These engines are the B and C Series, which are being released with the new nomenclature, and the existing K Series and V (1710) Series which are being changed to the new nomenclature.
Other engines will retain their current nomenclature.
A brochure entitled "Engine Nomenclature" has been released by Cummins Engine Company, Inc. describing how the new codes are formulated.
For a free copy of the brochure, Circle 8 0 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 15, 1984 issue
- Tacoma Boat Awarded $110-Million Contract To Build Passenger Liner page: 4
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner page: 5
- Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line page: 5
- Engineering Partnership Formed By Kongsberg And McDermott International page: 6
- Deutsch Metal Offers Free Pyplok Catalog page: 6
- Bender Delivers 98-Foot New Bedford Scalloper page: 7
- Philadelphia Gear Supplies New Propulsion Drives For San Francisco Ferry Boats page: 8
- Gennaro Oliva Joins Atlantic Coast Enterprises page: 8
- Bob Daniels Named New Marland President & CEO page: 9
- NABRICO Names Gower VP-Engineering page: 9
- American-Standard Offers Free Bulletin On FanEX® Air/Oil Heat Exchangers page: 9
- Sonat Subsea Services Appoints Senior VP page: 10
- New Raytheon SSB Is Microprocessor Controlled —Literature Available page: 10
- NOR-FISHING '84 page: 12
- OFFSHORE NORTHERN SEAS page: 16
- SCANDINAVIAN SHIPBUILDING page: 23
- Magnavox MX 1100 Series Navigators GPS Upgradable —Literature Available page: 34
- Ingram Materials Expands Bulk Marine Terminal page: 35
- Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing page: 35
- Navy Adding 19 Ships To Ready Reserve Force page: 36
- AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps page: 37
- Caterpillar Offers Remanufactured Fuel Nozzles And Tune-Up Kits page: 37
- SNAME Issues Call For Papers For 1985 OTC page: 38
- Comsat Dedicates Roaring Creek Earth Station page: 38
- Norcontrol Renews Long-Term Agreement With B&W Diesel page: 41