AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps
Transamerica Delaval Inc. has chosen a new name for its line of three-screw pumps: AMR™—axial multi-rotor pumps. The new trade name was chosen after Transamerica Delaval terminated its joint technical assistance agreement with IMO AB of Sweden.
The new name joins those of two other well-known families of rotary positive displacement pumps engineered and manufactured by Transamerica Delaval in the United States: GTS®—geared twinscrew pumps, and CIG*—crescent internal gear pumps.
J. Kenneth Lippincott, vice president and general manager of Pyramid™ Pump Division, pointed out that AMR pumps have been reliable pieces of rotating equipment onboard ship, in utilities, refineries, chemical plants and fluid power systems for more than 50 years, classing them as unique for simplicity of design, smoothness of flow, high shaft speed capability and very low noise.
Trasamerica Delaval has 19 operating divisions at 22 manufacturing locations worldwide. The company makes a line of industrial products including compressors, connectors, controls, diesel engines, electric motors, fasteners, filters, forgings, gearing, pumps, sensors, steam condensers, turbines, valves and waste treatment systems.
For further information, Circle 85 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 15, 1984 issue
- Tacoma Boat Awarded $110-Million Contract To Build Passenger Liner page: 4
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner page: 5
- Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line page: 5
- Engineering Partnership Formed By Kongsberg And McDermott International page: 6
- Deutsch Metal Offers Free Pyplok Catalog page: 6
- Bender Delivers 98-Foot New Bedford Scalloper page: 7
- Philadelphia Gear Supplies New Propulsion Drives For San Francisco Ferry Boats page: 8
- Gennaro Oliva Joins Atlantic Coast Enterprises page: 8
- Bob Daniels Named New Marland President & CEO page: 9
- NABRICO Names Gower VP-Engineering page: 9
- American-Standard Offers Free Bulletin On FanEX® Air/Oil Heat Exchangers page: 9
- Sonat Subsea Services Appoints Senior VP page: 10
- New Raytheon SSB Is Microprocessor Controlled —Literature Available page: 10
- NOR-FISHING '84 page: 12
- OFFSHORE NORTHERN SEAS page: 16
- SCANDINAVIAN SHIPBUILDING page: 23
- Magnavox MX 1100 Series Navigators GPS Upgradable —Literature Available page: 34
- Ingram Materials Expands Bulk Marine Terminal page: 35
- Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing page: 35
- Navy Adding 19 Ships To Ready Reserve Force page: 36
- AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps page: 37
- Caterpillar Offers Remanufactured Fuel Nozzles And Tune-Up Kits page: 37
- SNAME Issues Call For Papers For 1985 OTC page: 38
- Comsat Dedicates Roaring Creek Earth Station page: 38
- Norcontrol Renews Long-Term Agreement With B&W Diesel page: 41