MarineSoup.com Creates Online Marketplace
IndustrialSoup. Inc. has established MarineSoup.com to provide an independent marketplace for buyers and sellers of virtually all raw material, finished goods, parts, and services required by the marine industry.Scott Parfitt, president of Industrial- Soup, Inc, emphasized several points about the Web site: "First, MarineSoup is comprehensive — it offers products, parts, supplies and a host of services fulfill virtually all the needs of the industry.
In addition, the workings of the Web site are completely adaptive to the work style of its customers, whether they are a large or small business. The site also focuses completely on facilitating buying and selling — we always talk about how all of our sites are designed to be the most economical way to connect buyers and sellers." As with all IndustrialSoup Web sites, MarineSoup.com is designed to easily fit within a users' current purchasing or selling operations. For a larger company with systems already in place, MarineSoup can simply be layered on; for smaller companies with little or no system setup, the site can serve as an entire buying and selling back office service.
An additional aspect to the easy to use site is the availability of both industry experts and regional representatives to ensure — with on-site visits to the customer, as necessary — that the customer is getting full benefit from Marine- Soup.com.
The site has the ability to connect buyers and sellers in the industry via a special feature known as the Buyer Manager Tool. This concept provides effective handling of purchase orders whether managing the authorization process or doing monthly reporting. Buyers can monitor order status, inventory levels, backorders and shipping times for careful order management.
The site's Product Detail screens provide the buyer with in-depth information about products, including videos, engineering drawings, installation instructions and approval letters.
Circle 24 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 2001 issue
- MariTel Launches New Marine Telephone Service With Vessel Location page: 36B
- Repowering and Niche Marketing at Westar page: 36D
- Hybrid Powering for Boxships page: 8
- Largest Spanish RoPax Enters Service page: 12
- MarineSoup.com Creates Online Marketplace page: 13
- Bollinger Christens 8,000-hp Towboat, Bootsie B page: 14
- COMSAT Mobile Honored For Maritime Safety page: 15
- USN Awards $52M Contract To DD21 Gold Team page: 16
- Aegis Destroyer Christened At Ingalls Shipbuilding page: 19
- Marco Shipyard Concludes Pilot Station Vessel Contract page: 20
- Kockum Sonics AB launches Ballast Water Exchange Concept page: 21
- Carnival's 2Q Earnings Drop Eight Percent page: 22
- Mechanical Problems, Late Deliveries Continue to Plague Industry page: 23
- Local Yards Start To Feel The Impact page: 26
- Owners... Start Counting The Cash page: 29
- Back in Business — Iridium Returns Under New Ownership page: 33
- Xantic: New Look, New Name... More Service page: 36
- Podded Propulsion Goes Beyond the Cruise Realm page: 44
- Forging Ahead page: 51
- Deerberg Systems: Experts in Flow Management page: 55
- New Technology Debuts in Oslo page: 56
- Brunvoll Bucks The Trend, And Prospers page: 57