Delta Steamship Names Badger And Collins
James F. Badger has rejoined Delta Steamship Lines, Inc., as vice president-market research, according to an announcement by Capt. J.W. Clark, president of the New Orleans, La.-based line. Mr.
Badger served previously with Delta Line (1967 to 1974) in various managerial capacities.
In his new position, Mr. Badger will be involved with all phases of the company's marketing operations.
A native of Gaffney, S.C., Mr. Badger attended graduate school at the University of South Carolina, and Tulane and was a candidate for a doctorate in economics at Tulane University in New Orleans.
Captain Clark also announced that Richard V. Collins, who has been with Delta since 1973, has been promoted to the position of assistant to the president.
Mr. Collins is a 1966 graduate of the United States Merchant Marine Academy, holds an unlimited master's license and attended Northwestern University, where he earned a master's degree in business administration in 1973, when he first joined Delta. His most recent position with Delta was as assistant vice president-market research.
Delta Steamship Lines, Inc., 1700 International Trade Mart, New Orleans, La. 70150, owns and operates a fleet of ultramodern vessels that offer service between U.S. Gulf of Mexico ports and the east coast of South America, Central America, the Caribbean and West Africa. Recently, Delta and Prudential Lines, Inc., signed a letter of intent by which it is expected that Delta will acquire Prudential's Latin Ameri- can trade services.
Other stories from September 15, 1977 issue
- Estimated Foreign Cost Of Two LNG Carriers $115.5 Million Each page: 6
- Bethlehem Steel Names G.Y. Marriner Manager San Francisco Yard page: 7
- AMPAC To Build Four Container Feeder Ships At Cost Of $92 Million page: 7
- SNAME New York Section Announces Program For 1977/1978 Season page: 8
- Marathon Manufacturing Adds $61 Million To Drilling Rig Backlog page: 9
- Role Of Ro/Ro Shipping In Dry Cargo Trade page: 12
- Port Of New Orleans Presents Key To City To Egyptian Official page: 13
- Morris Guralnick Associates, Inc. Name Hubert E. Russell page: 14
- Hillman-Designed New Class Towboat Delivered To Exxon At Baton Rouge page: 19
- $45-Million Subsidy Repayment Approved page: 23
- Bethlehem Steel Shipbuilding Names Roland V. Danielson —Hollinshead De Luce Retires page: 26
- Perspectives On Third World Port Development page: 30
- Farrell Sale And Leaseback Agreement Approved By MarAd page: 32
- Delta Steamship Names Badger And Collins page: 32
- CCN Of Brazil Launches New Type Bulk Carrier page: 33
- 51st Annual Propeller Club Convention And 1977 American Merchant Marine Conference Set For Galveston, Texas, Oct. 10, 11, 12, 13 And 14 page: 34
- Bulletin Describes Heavy-Duty Oil Filtration Systems page: 35
- Eight-Page Brochure Describes National's Fully Hydraulic Cranes page: 35
- Todd Shipyards Los Angeles Division Lays Keel For First Of Six U.S. Navy Frigates page: 38
- MacGregor Slewing Ramps Successfully Tested page: 39
- Skagit Corporation Announces European Dealership Agreement page: 40
- FMC Marine & Rail Lays Keel For Ro/Ro Barge To Carry 374 Forty-Foot Truck Trailers page: 40
- Egyptian Shipyard Receives License To Build Willard Boats page: 42
- Bergeron Industries Names Captain Tatman page: 42
- Port Authorities (AAPA) 66th Annual Convention Set For Mexico City page: 43
- Tanker Design Change Approved By MSB page: 44
- Mitsubishi Receives Tug Barge Systems' License To Build page: 46
- Norshipco Dedicates New $5-Million Repair Pier page: 47
- Fetzner Named President Sun Trading & Marine page: 48
- Jane's Fighting Ships 1977-78 Revised Edition page: 49
- Stanford Research Awarded $271,000 For Firefighting Study page: 50
- Renegotiation Board Erred In Computing Lockheed Steel Usage page: 51
- Pott Industries Names Miller VP Offshore Marine Services Div. page: 54
- Capt. James F. McNulty New Dean At Maine Maritime Academy page: 56
- Richard Daschbach Named Federal Maritime Commission Chairman page: 57
- Keene Brochure Describes Marine Discharge Control System page: 57