Frankel Elected President Of IMODCO
Bernard Frankel has been elected president of IMODCO, 10960 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, Calif. 90024, rapidly expanding offshore marine terminal systems division of Amtel, Inc., it was announced by Amtel chairman / president Jerome Ottmar, who had previously also held the top IMODCO position.
Two new vice presidents of IMODCO were additionally announced by Mr. Ottmar. They are George M. Pomonik as vice president- research and development, and Blair M. Kerr as vice president- European area.
Mr. Frankel served as senior vice president of IMODCO, Inc., prior to its acquisition by Amtel two year's ago, and since that time has been the division's executive vice president and chief operating officer. A pioneer in the offshore marine terminal field, Mr. Frankel has been an executive of IMODCO for the past 15 years.
Mr. Pomonik replaces William R. Reid, who returned to the University of Michigan for studies leading to his Ph.D. in engineering.
A graduate in mechanical engineering from City College of New York, Mr. Pomonik has previously been associated with Mechanics Research, Inc., a subsidiary of System Development Corp., for nine years.
Mr. Kerr has been regional manager and managing director of IMODCO, Ltd., London, since 1971, and earlier was IMODCO regional manager in Australasia.
A graduate of the Royal Australian Naval College and of the Royal Naval Engineering College, Plymouth, England, Mr. Kerr served in the Royal Australian Navy from 1949 through 1965.
Other stories from December 1977 issue
- Mar Ad Approves Sale Of Tuna Boats To Foreign Companies page: 4
- Eisenbiegler And Rippy Named Presidents Of Two Sun Subsidiaries page: 6
- James S. Byrn Named President Genstar Marine page: 7
- MarAd Contract Let For Development Of Standardized Carrier page: 7
- Bethlehem Steel Sparrows Point Lays Keel For $78-Million Farrell Lines Containership page: 8
- Navy Commissions Ninth Of 30 Destroyers Being Built By Ingalls Shipbuilding page: 8
- SNAME Completes Boiler Safety Report page: 10
- Raytheon Names Millard Commercial Marine Marketing Manager page: 10
- Charles Murphy Receives Halert C. Shepheard Award For Merchant Marine Safety page: 13
- Program Outlined For Annual Conference On Marine Coatings page: 14
- State Boat Awards Contract To Blount For Offshore Supply Boats page: 15
- MarAd Releases Two-Volume Report Prepared By DeLaval page: 15
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Paper On New Flexible Shipbuilding And Ship Repair Facility page: 16
- ARCTEC Canada Limited Opens Testing Facility And Ice Towing Basin page: 17
- Marine Equipment Suppliers Apply For Title XI To Build Self-Propelled Pipelay Ship page: 18
- Strict Liability And Its Impact On Marine Field Discussed By SNAME No. Calif. Section page: 18
- SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Holds Annual Meeting At Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. page: 20
- New Single Point Monitoring Salinity Control System page: 20
- Worthington Announces Management Positions In Marketing And Sales page: 21
- Rapifax Supplies U.S. Lines With Shipping Industry's First High-Speed Facsimile System page: 22
- Mississippi Marine Begins Offshore Boat Construction page: 23
- Series Production Of Aluminum LNG Spheres page: 24
- ICHCA Conference Set For Helsinki May 26-June 1, 1979 page: 26
- Comet Marine Named Marine Distributor By Crane Packing page: 26
- Oceangoing Towing Guidelines Issued By Det Norske Veritas page: 28
- Bird-Johnson Names Darby Sales Engineer For The Gulf Coast page: 28
- Perko Full Line Catalog Just Released page: 29
- Frankel Elected President Of IMODCO page: 30
- CADCOM, Inc. Appoints F. William Helming page: 30
- Seatrain Shipbuilding Appoints Hellenbrecht Chief Marine Engineer page: 31
- ASNE Reports Details Of Recent Symposium On Combat Systems page: 38
- Combustion Engineering Names Robert Fortier page: 38
- Tenneco's Newport News Industrial Corp. (NNI) Appoints M.R. Eshelman page: 41
- Southeast Shipyard Association Elects Fitzgerald President page: 41
- Belcher Tugs To Use Burmeister & Wain Slow Speed Diesels page: 42
- Three Papers Presented At SNAME California Sections Annual Joint Meeting page: 43
- UNITOR Ships Service Holds Dedication Ceremony To Mark Opening Of Facilities In New Jersey page: 44
- Magnus Maritec Names Three To Sales Posts page: 44
- Zapata In Joint Fishing Venture In Costa Rica page: 45
- Sun Ship Forms New Estimating Department —Brawner Named Manager page: 46
- Barney Evans Opens Public Relations Firm page: 47
- Thistle Field Drilling Started By Santa Fe page: 47
- IMODCO Wins Petrobras Contract To Install SPM At Record Depth page: 47
- Second Generation LNG Carriers Subject Of Paper Presented At ASNE Pascagoula Section Meeting page: 49
- Great Lakes/Great Rivers Section Hears Three Technical Papers During Fall Meeting In Ann Arbor page: 52
- Union Mechling's Application For Aid To Build 58 Barges Approved In Principle By MarAd page: 52