Magnus Maritec Names Three To Sales Posts
Richard F. O'Boyle, vice president- sales of the Western Hemisphere of Magnus Maritec International, Inc., 150 Roosevelt Place, Palisades Park, N.J. 07850, has announced that rapid expansion of sales activities has resulted in three promotions.
Arthur W. Sievert has been promoted to sales supervisor with r e s p o n s i b i l i t i e s in the United States, dealing with all distributors to assist them in their sales and service development. Mr.
Sievert will also supervise the sales force outside the New York area.
Mr. Sievert has been with Magnus Maritec since May 19, 1975.
He has significant prior marine sales experience, having dealt with European owners to sell Simmonds Precision LNG measuring systems. He is a licensed marine engineer with a number of years at sea.
John C. Finnegan has been promoted to sales supervisor, and is also a licensed marine engineer and a 1969 Kings Point, N.Y., graduate who joined Magnus Maritec on October 11, 1976 as a national account executive. Mr. Finnegan had prior sales experience with Sperry Marine Systems and was familiar with many Magnus Maritec marine accounts. His key responsibility will include supervision of national account sales.
Executive account and service staff in the Palisades Park office will report to him, as well as territory manager of the Great Lakes and inland waterways.
Magnus Maritec also announced the appointment of John C. Norwalk as territory manager of the U.S. Great Lakes area. Mr. Norwalk will be responsible for promoting sales and service of Magnus Maritec's tank cleaners, fuel and water t r e a t m e n t s , engine room maintenance products, and ballast tank coatings. He will also be responsible for sales of a wide variety of Economics Laboratory's Steward and Galley stores in the marine market in his area.
Other stories from December 1977 issue
- Mar Ad Approves Sale Of Tuna Boats To Foreign Companies page: 4
- Eisenbiegler And Rippy Named Presidents Of Two Sun Subsidiaries page: 6
- James S. Byrn Named President Genstar Marine page: 7
- MarAd Contract Let For Development Of Standardized Carrier page: 7
- Bethlehem Steel Sparrows Point Lays Keel For $78-Million Farrell Lines Containership page: 8
- Navy Commissions Ninth Of 30 Destroyers Being Built By Ingalls Shipbuilding page: 8
- SNAME Completes Boiler Safety Report page: 10
- Raytheon Names Millard Commercial Marine Marketing Manager page: 10
- Charles Murphy Receives Halert C. Shepheard Award For Merchant Marine Safety page: 13
- Program Outlined For Annual Conference On Marine Coatings page: 14
- State Boat Awards Contract To Blount For Offshore Supply Boats page: 15
- MarAd Releases Two-Volume Report Prepared By DeLaval page: 15
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Paper On New Flexible Shipbuilding And Ship Repair Facility page: 16
- ARCTEC Canada Limited Opens Testing Facility And Ice Towing Basin page: 17
- Marine Equipment Suppliers Apply For Title XI To Build Self-Propelled Pipelay Ship page: 18
- Strict Liability And Its Impact On Marine Field Discussed By SNAME No. Calif. Section page: 18
- SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Holds Annual Meeting At Harrison Hot Springs, B.C. page: 20
- New Single Point Monitoring Salinity Control System page: 20
- Worthington Announces Management Positions In Marketing And Sales page: 21
- Rapifax Supplies U.S. Lines With Shipping Industry's First High-Speed Facsimile System page: 22
- Mississippi Marine Begins Offshore Boat Construction page: 23
- Series Production Of Aluminum LNG Spheres page: 24
- ICHCA Conference Set For Helsinki May 26-June 1, 1979 page: 26
- Comet Marine Named Marine Distributor By Crane Packing page: 26
- Oceangoing Towing Guidelines Issued By Det Norske Veritas page: 28
- Bird-Johnson Names Darby Sales Engineer For The Gulf Coast page: 28
- Perko Full Line Catalog Just Released page: 29
- Frankel Elected President Of IMODCO page: 30
- CADCOM, Inc. Appoints F. William Helming page: 30
- Seatrain Shipbuilding Appoints Hellenbrecht Chief Marine Engineer page: 31
- ASNE Reports Details Of Recent Symposium On Combat Systems page: 38
- Combustion Engineering Names Robert Fortier page: 38
- Tenneco's Newport News Industrial Corp. (NNI) Appoints M.R. Eshelman page: 41
- Southeast Shipyard Association Elects Fitzgerald President page: 41
- Belcher Tugs To Use Burmeister & Wain Slow Speed Diesels page: 42
- Three Papers Presented At SNAME California Sections Annual Joint Meeting page: 43
- UNITOR Ships Service Holds Dedication Ceremony To Mark Opening Of Facilities In New Jersey page: 44
- Magnus Maritec Names Three To Sales Posts page: 44
- Zapata In Joint Fishing Venture In Costa Rica page: 45
- Sun Ship Forms New Estimating Department —Brawner Named Manager page: 46
- Barney Evans Opens Public Relations Firm page: 47
- Thistle Field Drilling Started By Santa Fe page: 47
- IMODCO Wins Petrobras Contract To Install SPM At Record Depth page: 47
- Second Generation LNG Carriers Subject Of Paper Presented At ASNE Pascagoula Section Meeting page: 49
- Great Lakes/Great Rivers Section Hears Three Technical Papers During Fall Meeting In Ann Arbor page: 52
- Union Mechling's Application For Aid To Build 58 Barges Approved In Principle By MarAd page: 52