Texas Instruments Offers New GPS Software
—Literature Available A new relative-positioning software package, called Geomark, designed to process data collected by TI-4100 Global Positioning System (GPS) Navigators was recently introduced by Texas Instruments.
The Geomark software for GPS provides highly accurate postprocessing positioning information from data collected by two TI-4100 GPS Navigators simultaneously tracking the same four GPS satellites.
The TI-4100 is a satellite-based navigation system that provides precise absolute positioning or relative point-positioning surveys, including aerial surveys, offshore platform positioning, marine navigation and oceanographic and geophysical surveys.
According to John Applegate, marketing manager, commercial GPS, the introduction of the Geomark software gives the TI-4100 user a totally self-contained, on-site collection and postprocessing system that can be used anywhere in the world.
"The software provides comprehensive, documented solutions to relative positioning problems that were previously cumbersome and expensive," he said. "Additionally, Geomark provides these solutions with much greater accuracy, speed, flexibility, ease and economy." Accuracies are obtained using the broadcast ephemeris data recorded by the TI-4100 and do not require the use of precise ephemeris that some GPS systems must obtain from other sources, he added.
The Geomark software provides typical solutions in less than one hour of off-line processing using as little as 30 minutes of collected data, including data cassette translation.
Geomark offers totally automatic operation. Users may enter custom specifications by overriding the automatic defaults. Users can also specify the reference location or derive the location using the TI- 4100. Geomark processes both Precise Code (P-Code) or Coarse/Acquisition (C/A Code). The software uses broadcast empheris, but can also support post-mission precise ephemeris.
Geomark records all necessary data on a one-page report that provides the user with the monumentto- monument baseline vector. The system can provide the answer in standard latitude, longitude, altitude; state plane; UTM; or local datum.
The complete TI-4100/Geomark package is available now and includes Geomark and MS-DOS™ software. The package also includes the TI Portable Professional Corn- puter with 256K bytes RAM, a multifunction board with an additional 256K RAM, a single floppy diskette drive, a 10-megabyte Winchester hard disk drive, an 8087 coprocessor, three-plane graphics board, a built-in high-resolution 9-inch color monitor, two Memtec cassette readers, two RS-232 cables, and the TI 855 microprinter.
For additional information about the TI-4100 and Geomark software, including detail-filled literature, Circle 18 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 1986 issue
- Bremer Vulkan To Build 2 Bremen Class Frigates For Federal German Navy page: 5
- Study To Evaluate Tanker-Based FPSO For Gulf Of Mexico page: 5
- Marinette Marine Delivers Last Of 52 Workboats A Year Ahead Of Schedule page: 6
- Boston Fuel Acquire Assets Of Boston Towboat Co. page: 7
- M.A.N.-GHH To Build Floating Drydock For Polish Shipyard page: 7
- British Broker Reports Surge In Tanker Rates, Fall In Laid-Up Tonnage page: 7
- Robert E. Derecktor Launches First Of Two Staten Island Ferries page: 8
- Beth-Sparrows Point Yard Installs $1.1-Million Intermediate Gate For Building/Vessel Servicing Basin page: 8
- New Names Announced For Wartsila Diesel Units page: 9
- HIAB-FOCO Delivers Two Service Cranes To North Sea Oil Project page: 9
- Bath Iron Works Launches Its First Aegis Cruiser page: 10
- Water Jetting System To Install Steel Pilings Developed By Navy page: 11
- USCG And ASNE Flagship Section Sponsor Patrol Boat Symposium page: 12
- Webber Appointed Vice Admiral And U.S. Navy's Chief Engineer page: 12
- Automatic Power Offers 20-Page Color Brochure On Marine Signal Systems page: 12
- Captain Hjelde Named VP And GM At Barber page: 13
- TeleSystems MCS-9100 Receives Japanese Type Acceptance page: 13
- IS IT TIME TO TAKE THE PUBLIC SHIPYARDS PRIVATE? page: 16
- UPDATE ON FY 1986 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 26
- Navy Contracts Totaling $629.2 Million Awarded To Bath And Ingalls Yards page: 30
- Peterson Builders Delivers ARS-51, Grasp, To Navy page: 31
- 1986 Apelco Full-Color Product Catalog Available page: 34
- Carnegie Hero Medals Awarded Posthumously To Fournier, Govoni page: 34
- Coast Guard And Navy To Hold Joint Fire Research Program page: 35
- Peterson Builders Receives Navy Certification Of Metal Spray Facility page: 35
- Key Appointments At Oerlikon page: 36
- NICOR Consolidates Administrative Functions Of 2 Marine Subsidiaries page: 36
- BP Offers Free 32-Page Brochure On World Energy page: 37
- ASEA Names Jon Turley Manager Marine Offshore page: 37
- New One-Stop Shopping Sensors And Controls Catalog From Transamerica Delaval page: 38
- Marine Machinery Association To Sponsor Navy/Industry Panel Discussions On Feb. 26 page: 38
- The New 710G Series Diesel Engines From General Motors Electro-Motive Division page: 40
- Todd Ceases Operations At New Orleans Division page: 41
- Marine Travelift Introduces New Floating Boat Hoist Design page: 41
- Puroflow Filters To Protect Sperry Computers page: 42
- Texas Instruments Offers New GPS Software page: 43
- Aegis Missle Cruiser Valley Forge Commissioned At Ingalls Yard page: 44
- New Yard Opens In Port of Altamira page: 47
- Jacques Cousteau Receives Testimonial Plaque From Carrier Transicold Employees page: 47
- Vecom Takes Over Marine Division Of Houseman page: 48
- Caterpillar Offers Literature On New Marine Diesel Propulsion System Products And Support Programs page: 49
- New Teleflex Remote Valve Actuators Are Designed To Eliminate Problems And Cut Costs page: 52
- Dr. A.C. Antoniou Joins ASRY Production Team page: 53
- Dillingham Offers Free Full-Color Brochure On Ship Repair Facilities page: 53
- Hempel Introduces 'Damp Steel' Primer page: 54
- Reco Crane Promotes Hardin—Literature Offered page: 60
- Metropolitan Offers New Vanstone Flanged Fittings page: 60
- Meyer Retires As Deputy Commander At NAVSEA page: 60
- American Appoints Monaco New Cordage Engineer page: 61