Halter Responds To Venezuelan Navy Needs
Halter Marine has answered the call from the Venezuelan Navy for a variety of patrol boats. The company recently delivered four 80 ft. (24.3 m) boats to the country's government, which completes the contract for the design and construction of 12 total vessels in this size range.
Designed for high speed operations in coastal and riverine environments, the vessels will be used for a variety of patrolling efforts in Venezuelan territorial waters, specifically to counter illegal drug traffic, provide search and rescue assistance, and disaster relief.
Powered by a pair of Detroit Diesel marine engines, the vessels will have a range of 1,000 nm and a maximum speed of 25 knots.
Halter also supplied the last two 54 ft. (16.4 m) patrol boats for the Venezuelan National Guard. This particular contract called for the design and construction of 10 vessels, all of which are propelled by two MTU marine diesel engines with a maximum speed of 36 knots.
Circle 183 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 2000 issue
- Vessel Safety Takes Center Stage page: 8
- A podded future page: 10
- ABS Introduces SafeShip page: 12
- RINA Sets New Green Standards page: 15
- Heightened Scrutiny On Ship Scrapping page: 16
- Cascade General Gets Crystal Harmony Back In Sync page: 20
- Sri Lanka Diving Team Goes Beneath The Surface page: 20
- Crowley Delivers Second Of Three Part Tug Series page: 23
- Celebrity Links Its Past To Its Future With Millennium page: 26
- Gas Turbine v. Diesel Debate Heats Up With Delivery of New Millennium page: 29
- McNeece Design Stresses Security page: 31
- Station 12 Strives To Corner Satcom page: 32
- Satellite Communications page: 34
- GOM: Number Of Floating Production Systems Projected To Rise page: 36
- FGH moves to get house in order page: 41
- German Yard Implements Nupas-Cadmatic page: 43
- Autoship Upgrades Several Products page: 43
- Yachting Consult Releases New MasterSHIP 200 page: 47
- Mack Powers Into Maritime Market page: 48
- Marine Diesel Propulsion: Where Less Is More page: 51
- Halter Responds To Venezuelan Navy Needs page: 57
- Bollinger-Built Tornado Kicks Up A Storm page: 57