Jeffboat Names Ken Howe Manager, Marine Repair
Ken Howe has been named manager of marine repair at Jeffboat, a subsidiary of American Commercial Marine Service Company in Jeffersonville, Ind.
In his new position, Mr. Howe will be responsible for the management of marine repair as well as Jeffboat's machine shop. He began his career with Jeffboat in 1973 as a quality control inspector and later moved to the positions of foreman for special vessels and superintendent of marine repair.
Mr. Howe replaces 28-year veteran Ken Wise, who recently retired.
During the past 12 years, Mr.
Wise worked as manager of marine repair. Due to his expertise developed over the years through the positions of steelfitter, assembly line foreman and towboat construction superintendent, Mr. Wise has become widely recognized throughout the marine industry.
Jeffboat, a large inland shipbuilder, is a producer of high quality river barges, towboats and a wide variety of commercial marine vessels.
For more information and free literature describing the inland shipbuilding and repair services offered by Jeffboat, Circle 62 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 1990 issue
- 21 -Percent Increase In World Shipbuilding Output Reported page: 6
- MSI-Operated CAORF Facility Selected To Assess Operational Impact Of New BC Superferries page: 6
- PBI Awards $2.8-Million Order To MagneTek ALS page: 7
- Free Literature Offered On New Navy-Approved Fire Retardant Coating page: 8
- Conoco Inc. Orders Two Double-Hull Tankers From Samsung Shipbuilding page: 9
- DRS Offers Advanced Sonar Signal And Video Processing Systems page: 9
- Guthans Elected AWO Chairman Of The Board; Farrell Reelected President page: 10
- Webb Institute Receives Endowment For Professorship From Lester Rosenblatt page: 10
- Wartsila Marine-Powered Floating Power Plant Barge Built By Conrad Industries, Outfitted By Bollinger page: 10
- Blount Marine Launches Excursion Boat Spirit of Boston page: 11
- EUROPEAN SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR page: 12
- Unitor Offers Literature On New Medical Concept For Cruise Industry page: 22
- Bird-Johnson Pneumatic Systems To Be Installed By PCE On 18 Navy LSTs page: 23
- Huge Train Ferry 'Railship III' Powered By Wartsila Diesels page: 24
- Hover Systems/Eastern Shipyards Announce Air Cushion Vehicles Licensing Agreement page: 24
- STATUS REPORT ON U.S. NAVY SHIP AND EQUIPMENT PROCUREMENT page: 27
- Trinity To Build Fifth Army LSV Under $10-Million Pact page: 34
- MTU, KaMeWa To Supply Propulsion Machinery For Repowering U.S. Navy SES-200 page: 34
- Wilson & Hayes Mark 55 Years In Business page: 34
- Fairbanks Morse Receives Order For 16 Engines From Avondale page: 37
- L&C Associates Installs Protective Sealing System Aboard USNS Mispillion page: 37
- Posidonia The International Shipping Exhibition page: 38
- Furmanite Offers Free Brochure Describing Machines And Services page: 41
- International Paint Applies New Coating Technology To U.S. Marine Market page: 42
- Nichols Bros. Delivers First 3 Of 6 Ferries For Puerto Rico page: 43
- Eastern Shipyards Converts Two Offshore Vessels To Ensco Marine page: 43
- RORO90 page: 44
- Textron Marine Systems Delivers LCAC-24 To U.S. Navy page: 45
- Cummins-Powered Yacht At Freeport Shipbuilding page: 45
- Bender Monitoring Systems Prevent Ground Faults —Literature Available page: 45
- Free Brochure Details Rigid Inflatable Craft From Task Force Boats page: 45
- Construction Of Cog Replica Supported By Deutz M WM page: 46
- Ingalls To Continue Engineering, Planning Services To N a v y 's Aegis Destroyer Program page: 46
- Jeffboat Names Ken Howe Manager, Marine Repair page: 47
- E-A-R's Type II Vibration Damping Tiles Hold Navy QPL Status page: 47
- Hopeman Brothers To Supply Accommodation Joiner Packages For Two Oil Skimming Vessels page: 50
- Master Marine Building 100-Foot Fiberglass Trawler For Alaska Fisheries page: 55