Hover Systems/Eastern Shipyards Announce Air Cushion Vehicles Licensing Agreement
Hover Systems, Inc. Eddystone, Pa., and Eastern Shipyards, Inc., Panama City, Fla., recently signed a licensing agreement whereby Eastern Shipyards will market and build a full range of Hover Systems air cushion vehicles (ACVs) for a multitute of maritime applications.
Hover Systems craft are capable of operating over open water and areas prohibited to conventional craft, such as shallow flats, grassy areas, sand bars, beaches, ice and land areas.
Brian d'lsernia, Eastern Shipyards' president, states that their marketing development group, managed by C.A. (Charlie) Hall, with experience in advanced marine vehicles, will head a program to target the commercial passenger, construction, oil and gas, governmental/ military and sports industries.
Mr. d'lsernia and James D.
Hake, Hover Systems' president, indicated that the potential applications for specialized operations utilizing air- cushion vehicles are virtually unlimited. With this potential, Hover Systems operates the only USCG-approved hovercraft operators training school in the country.
Hover Systems retains certain exclusive USA master licensing rights from Griffon Hovercraft, Ltd., the U.K. hovercraft designer and builder.
Hover Systems and Griffon have dramatically reduced the propulsion system noise factors through extensive testing, and with the use of advanced dampening materials approved by the U.S. and Canadian Coast Guards and other regulatory agencies.
For further information and free literature, Circle 71 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 1990 issue
- 21 -Percent Increase In World Shipbuilding Output Reported page: 6
- MSI-Operated CAORF Facility Selected To Assess Operational Impact Of New BC Superferries page: 6
- PBI Awards $2.8-Million Order To MagneTek ALS page: 7
- Free Literature Offered On New Navy-Approved Fire Retardant Coating page: 8
- Conoco Inc. Orders Two Double-Hull Tankers From Samsung Shipbuilding page: 9
- DRS Offers Advanced Sonar Signal And Video Processing Systems page: 9
- Guthans Elected AWO Chairman Of The Board; Farrell Reelected President page: 10
- Webb Institute Receives Endowment For Professorship From Lester Rosenblatt page: 10
- Wartsila Marine-Powered Floating Power Plant Barge Built By Conrad Industries, Outfitted By Bollinger page: 10
- Blount Marine Launches Excursion Boat Spirit of Boston page: 11
- EUROPEAN SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR page: 12
- Unitor Offers Literature On New Medical Concept For Cruise Industry page: 22
- Bird-Johnson Pneumatic Systems To Be Installed By PCE On 18 Navy LSTs page: 23
- Huge Train Ferry 'Railship III' Powered By Wartsila Diesels page: 24
- Hover Systems/Eastern Shipyards Announce Air Cushion Vehicles Licensing Agreement page: 24
- STATUS REPORT ON U.S. NAVY SHIP AND EQUIPMENT PROCUREMENT page: 27
- Trinity To Build Fifth Army LSV Under $10-Million Pact page: 34
- MTU, KaMeWa To Supply Propulsion Machinery For Repowering U.S. Navy SES-200 page: 34
- Wilson & Hayes Mark 55 Years In Business page: 34
- Fairbanks Morse Receives Order For 16 Engines From Avondale page: 37
- L&C Associates Installs Protective Sealing System Aboard USNS Mispillion page: 37
- Posidonia The International Shipping Exhibition page: 38
- Furmanite Offers Free Brochure Describing Machines And Services page: 41
- International Paint Applies New Coating Technology To U.S. Marine Market page: 42
- Nichols Bros. Delivers First 3 Of 6 Ferries For Puerto Rico page: 43
- Eastern Shipyards Converts Two Offshore Vessels To Ensco Marine page: 43
- RORO90 page: 44
- Textron Marine Systems Delivers LCAC-24 To U.S. Navy page: 45
- Cummins-Powered Yacht At Freeport Shipbuilding page: 45
- Bender Monitoring Systems Prevent Ground Faults —Literature Available page: 45
- Free Brochure Details Rigid Inflatable Craft From Task Force Boats page: 45
- Construction Of Cog Replica Supported By Deutz M WM page: 46
- Ingalls To Continue Engineering, Planning Services To N a v y 's Aegis Destroyer Program page: 46
- Jeffboat Names Ken Howe Manager, Marine Repair page: 47
- E-A-R's Type II Vibration Damping Tiles Hold Navy QPL Status page: 47
- Hopeman Brothers To Supply Accommodation Joiner Packages For Two Oil Skimming Vessels page: 50
- Master Marine Building 100-Foot Fiberglass Trawler For Alaska Fisheries page: 55