Gotaas-Larsen Names Proes Senior VP-LNG
The appointment of Nevil M.E.
Proes as senior vice presidentliquefied natural gas was announced recently by Gotaas-Larsen Shipping Corporation, a unit of IU International Corporation.
Mr. Proes joins Gotaas-Larsen after six years of service as president of Texas Eastern LNG, Inc., a subsidiary of Texas Eastern Transmission Corporation, Houston, Texas. He had previously been an independent consultant to Texas Eastern and to Pacific Lighting and Power Company.
Mr. Proes joined the Royal Dutch/Shell Group in 1936 and retired at the end of 1969. During this period, he served Shell in various capacities overseas — in the Middle East, Far East, North and Central America. From 1960 onward Mr. Proes, as sales manager of a Shell affiliate, participated in the establishment of the Algeria to the United Kingdom LNG project. He was also responsible for realizing the Brunei to Japan LNG project, which currently employs seven specialized LNG vessels.
Gotaas-Larsen has its headquarters in New York, N.Y., and Oslo, Norway. With 30 years of experience in ocean shipping, Gotaas-Larsen today operates a fleet of 58 vessels, including LNG carriers, tankers, bulk carriers, and product/chemical carriers.
The company also has interests in passenger cruise ships, and semisubmersible offshore drilling rigs.
Three of Gotaas-Larsen's LNG carriers have been chartered for 20 years f o r the Abu Dhabi-Japan trade, and operations on that route are scheduled to begin this month. A fourth LNG vessel will begin service from Indonesia to Japan in June on a six-month to two-year charter.
IU International has its headquarters in Wilmington, Del., and executive offices in Philadelphia, Pa. IU serves six major markets: ocean shipping, land transportation, distribution services, utility services, industrial products and services, and agribusiness products and services.
Other stories from March 15, 1977 issue
- IMODCO In Joint Venture For North Sea Operations page: 4
- Navy Awards 8 FFGs To Todd And Bath To Cost $402.5 Million page: 6
- Pietro Campanella Heads New MacGregor Italia Established In Italy page: 6
- Newport News To Build Four More LNG Carriers At Cost Of $800 Million page: 7
- Tidewater Christens M / V Reeves Tide— Halter-Built Oil Field Service Vessel page: 7
- Towing Tank Conference Set For August 23-25 page: 7
- American Ship Receives $20 Million In Contracts For Conversion, Barges page: 8
- De Laval Separator Establishes Marine- Offshore Sales Dept page: 8
- Brown & Root Names Thomas Feehan President page: 9
- Ogden Marine Officials Optimistic About Future page: 10
- United Polish Shipyards Executives Visit U.S.A. page: 11
- Lloyd's Register Studies Deep Oil Technology's Tension Leg Platform page: 12
- CAI Introduces Obsolete Proof 24-Channel SSB page: 12
- Precision's New Brochure Tells How To Cut Costs On Diesel Maintenance page: 14
- Sperry Vickers Names Whited International Planning Manager page: 14
- M.l.T. Schedules Course On Port Development page: 14
- Floyd H. Blaske page: 14
- London-To-Belgium Jetfoil Service Set page: 14
- SNAME Northern California Section Told How To Evaluate Hull Forms j page: 18
- Ameron Div. Announces Nationwide Appointments page: 22
- SNAME President Names Committee Chairmen page: 23
- Cryogenic Structures Receives Contract For LNG Insulation page: 24
- Jones, Bardelmeier Open Singapore Office page: 24
- Bellinger Delivers Ro/Ro Landing Vessel To West India Shipping page: 25
- French Naval Ship Installs AIRFILCO Inert Gas Blanketing System page: 25
- Crude Oil Washing Of Cargo Tanks page: 28
- Third Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium Attracts Over 500 Engineers And Enthusiasts page: 30
- Armco Literature Shows How To Use And Inspect Wire Rope Slings page: 32
- MacGregor To Build Stern Slewing Ramps For 'Multiflex' Ships page: 33
- Glacier Metal Details Line Of Ship Bearings page: 33
- Northville To Engineer Pacific Deepwater Port For Panama Government page: 34
- Gotaas-Larsen Names Proes Senior VP-LNG page: 35
- Midland Enterprises Inc. Elects Three Financial Corporate Officers page: 36
- Det Norske Veritas Forms Maritime Advisory Services Department page: 36
- Propulsion Systems Appoints Eagle Marine Sales Representative page: 37
- CAI Loran A Receiver Is 'Instant Positioner' With Advanced Features page: 38
- ASNE San Diego Section Shown Naval Undersea Center's Operations page: 38
- McGrath Appoints McGoldrick Chairman And Field President page: 39
- Sier-Bath Booklet Describes Barge Pump page: 39
- B. Orsi Joins PFEL In Top Management Spot page: 40
- Waukesha Engine Names Lee Acting President page: 40
- Matson Agencies Name M.L. Shafer Senior VP page: 41
- Great Lakes & European Names Merz Manager European Operations page: 41
- State Boat Elects D.S. Miller President page: 42
- Lykes To Use Barges From French Port For New Service To Arabia page: 42
- National Cargo Bureau Names Guam Surveyor page: 42
- Strachan Announces Four Key Promotions page: 43
- Uniflite Inc. Names Hill Vice President page: 43
- Northeast Marine Elects F.X. McQuade President page: 43