Towing Tank Conference Set For August 23-25
The 18th American Towing Tank Conference has been scheduled for August 23-25, 1977, at the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md. The conference is under the joint sponsorship of the U.S.
Naval Academy and the Office of Naval Research.
Technical sessions to be held in the following subject areas, together with the session chairman, are: resistance and flow — Prof.
Louis Landweber, University of Iowa; cavitation — Prof. Blaine Parkin, Pennsylvania State University; seakeeping — Prof. J.
Randolph Paulling, University of California, Berkeley; maneuvering— William E. Smith, DTNSRDC, Carderock, Md.; propulsion— Raymond Wermter, DTNSRDC, Carderock, Md., and systems and techniques — Peter Ward Brown, Davidson Laboratory, Stevens Institute of Technology. State-ofthe- art and contributed papers on each of the above topics will constitute each session's agenda.
During the conference, the new Naval Academy Model Basin (NAMB), a 380-foot high-speed towing tank, will be dedicated.
Full information on the conference may be obtained from Prof. Bruce Johnson, Chairman, 18th ATTC, c/o Naval Systems Engineering Department, U.S.
Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
Other stories from March 15, 1977 issue
- IMODCO In Joint Venture For North Sea Operations page: 4
- Navy Awards 8 FFGs To Todd And Bath To Cost $402.5 Million page: 6
- Pietro Campanella Heads New MacGregor Italia Established In Italy page: 6
- Newport News To Build Four More LNG Carriers At Cost Of $800 Million page: 7
- Tidewater Christens M / V Reeves Tide— Halter-Built Oil Field Service Vessel page: 7
- Towing Tank Conference Set For August 23-25 page: 7
- American Ship Receives $20 Million In Contracts For Conversion, Barges page: 8
- De Laval Separator Establishes Marine- Offshore Sales Dept page: 8
- Brown & Root Names Thomas Feehan President page: 9
- Ogden Marine Officials Optimistic About Future page: 10
- United Polish Shipyards Executives Visit U.S.A. page: 11
- Lloyd's Register Studies Deep Oil Technology's Tension Leg Platform page: 12
- CAI Introduces Obsolete Proof 24-Channel SSB page: 12
- Precision's New Brochure Tells How To Cut Costs On Diesel Maintenance page: 14
- Sperry Vickers Names Whited International Planning Manager page: 14
- M.l.T. Schedules Course On Port Development page: 14
- Floyd H. Blaske page: 14
- London-To-Belgium Jetfoil Service Set page: 14
- SNAME Northern California Section Told How To Evaluate Hull Forms j page: 18
- Ameron Div. Announces Nationwide Appointments page: 22
- SNAME President Names Committee Chairmen page: 23
- Cryogenic Structures Receives Contract For LNG Insulation page: 24
- Jones, Bardelmeier Open Singapore Office page: 24
- Bellinger Delivers Ro/Ro Landing Vessel To West India Shipping page: 25
- French Naval Ship Installs AIRFILCO Inert Gas Blanketing System page: 25
- Crude Oil Washing Of Cargo Tanks page: 28
- Third Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium Attracts Over 500 Engineers And Enthusiasts page: 30
- Armco Literature Shows How To Use And Inspect Wire Rope Slings page: 32
- MacGregor To Build Stern Slewing Ramps For 'Multiflex' Ships page: 33
- Glacier Metal Details Line Of Ship Bearings page: 33
- Northville To Engineer Pacific Deepwater Port For Panama Government page: 34
- Gotaas-Larsen Names Proes Senior VP-LNG page: 35
- Midland Enterprises Inc. Elects Three Financial Corporate Officers page: 36
- Det Norske Veritas Forms Maritime Advisory Services Department page: 36
- Propulsion Systems Appoints Eagle Marine Sales Representative page: 37
- CAI Loran A Receiver Is 'Instant Positioner' With Advanced Features page: 38
- ASNE San Diego Section Shown Naval Undersea Center's Operations page: 38
- McGrath Appoints McGoldrick Chairman And Field President page: 39
- Sier-Bath Booklet Describes Barge Pump page: 39
- B. Orsi Joins PFEL In Top Management Spot page: 40
- Waukesha Engine Names Lee Acting President page: 40
- Matson Agencies Name M.L. Shafer Senior VP page: 41
- Great Lakes & European Names Merz Manager European Operations page: 41
- State Boat Elects D.S. Miller President page: 42
- Lykes To Use Barges From French Port For New Service To Arabia page: 42
- National Cargo Bureau Names Guam Surveyor page: 42
- Strachan Announces Four Key Promotions page: 43
- Uniflite Inc. Names Hill Vice President page: 43
- Northeast Marine Elects F.X. McQuade President page: 43