SNAME President Names Committee Chairmen
Robert T. Young, president of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, a professional/ technical organization for members of the marine industry, has announced the following committee chairmen for 1977: Committee on Applications — chairman, Dr. William R. Porter, vice president and academic dean, SUNY Maritime College, Fort Schuyler, New York, N.Y.
Committee on Awards — chairman, Alvin E. Cox, assistant to the president, J.J. Henry Co., Inc., New York, N.Y.
Annual Banquet Committee — chairman, Norman R. Farmer, manager, Systems Analysis Department, George G. Sharp, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Budget and Endowments— chairman, Rear Adm.
Albert G. Mumma, USN (ret.), past president of the Society and management consultant, Short Hills, N.J.
Annual Dinner Dance Committee— chairman, Robert P. Fulton, head Washington Division, Gibbs & Cox, Inc., Arlington, Va.
Committee on Education — chairman, Rear Adm. Charles N.
Payne, USN (ret.), president, Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, Glen Cove, N.Y.
Committee on Fellows — chairman, Prof. Richard B. Couch, Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Committee on Finance and Audit — chairman, John A. Livingston, chairman emeritus, Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, Glen Cove, N.Y.
Committee on Journal of Ship Research — chairman, Ralph D.
Cooper, head, Fluid Dynamics Program, Office of Naval Research, Department of the Navy, Arlington, Va.
Committee on Marine Technology — chairman, E. Scott Dillon, consultant, Silver Spring, Md.
Committee on Member Insurance— chairman, Robert Axelrod, vice president-finance, J.J. Henry Co., Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Membership — chairman, Lester Rosenblatt, president, M. Rosenblatt & Son, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Nominations — chairman, Rear Adm. L.V. Honsinger, USN (ret.), past president of the Society, and consultant, Todd Shipyards Corp., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Papers — chairman, Capt. Jack A. Obermeyer, USN (ret.), manager, Construction & Technical Development Division, Marine Department, Texaco Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Pension Plan —- chairman, Douglas C. MacMillan, consultant, General Dynamics/ Quincy S h i p b u i l d i n g Division, Quincy, Mass.
Committee on Publications — chairman, Donald P. Courtsal, vice president and general manager, Dravo Corporation, Engineering Works Division, Neville Island, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Committee on Scholarships — chairman, Capt. Robert E. Stark, USN (ret.), Gibbs & Cox, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Sections—chairman, Monroe D. Macpherson, John J. McMullen Associates, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Vice President-Technical and Research — Charles Zeien (to whom the Committee on Technical and Research Advance Planning, the Committee on Technical and Research Finance, and Administration and the Steering Committee on Technical and Research report), president, J.J.
Henry Co., Inc., New York, N.Y.
Committee on Technical and Research Advance Planning — chairman, Marvin Pitkin, assistant administrator for commercial development, Maritime Administration, Washington, D.C.
Committee on Technical and Research Finance and Administration — chairman, John T. Gilbride, chairman, Todd Shipyards Corporation, New York, N.Y.
Steering Committee on Technical and Research — chaired by Capt. Richards T. Miller, USN (ret.), advisory engineer, Oceanic Division, Westinghouse Electric Corp., Annapolis, Md.
Hull Structure Committee — chairman, Alexander B. Stavovy, head, Advanced Ship Division, David W. Taylor Naval Ship Research and Development Center, Bethesda, Md.
Marine Systems Committee — chairman, Capt. William M. Nicholson, USN, (ret.), associate director, National Ocean Survey, NOAA, Rockville, Md.
Ship Production Committee — chairman, Ellsworth L. Peterson, president, Peterson Builders, Inc., Sturgeon Bay, Wis.
Ship Technical Operations Committee— chairman, Thomas J. Sartor Jr., assistant marine superintendent, Farrell Lines Incorporated, New York, N.Y.
Ships' Machinery Committee— chairman, William O. Nichols, chief engineer, Central Technical Division-Shipbuilding, Bethlehem Steel Corporation, Sparrows Point, Md.
Other stories from March 15, 1977 issue
- IMODCO In Joint Venture For North Sea Operations page: 4
- Navy Awards 8 FFGs To Todd And Bath To Cost $402.5 Million page: 6
- Pietro Campanella Heads New MacGregor Italia Established In Italy page: 6
- Newport News To Build Four More LNG Carriers At Cost Of $800 Million page: 7
- Tidewater Christens M / V Reeves Tide— Halter-Built Oil Field Service Vessel page: 7
- Towing Tank Conference Set For August 23-25 page: 7
- American Ship Receives $20 Million In Contracts For Conversion, Barges page: 8
- De Laval Separator Establishes Marine- Offshore Sales Dept page: 8
- Brown & Root Names Thomas Feehan President page: 9
- Ogden Marine Officials Optimistic About Future page: 10
- United Polish Shipyards Executives Visit U.S.A. page: 11
- Lloyd's Register Studies Deep Oil Technology's Tension Leg Platform page: 12
- CAI Introduces Obsolete Proof 24-Channel SSB page: 12
- Precision's New Brochure Tells How To Cut Costs On Diesel Maintenance page: 14
- Sperry Vickers Names Whited International Planning Manager page: 14
- M.l.T. Schedules Course On Port Development page: 14
- Floyd H. Blaske page: 14
- London-To-Belgium Jetfoil Service Set page: 14
- SNAME Northern California Section Told How To Evaluate Hull Forms j page: 18
- Ameron Div. Announces Nationwide Appointments page: 22
- SNAME President Names Committee Chairmen page: 23
- Cryogenic Structures Receives Contract For LNG Insulation page: 24
- Jones, Bardelmeier Open Singapore Office page: 24
- Bellinger Delivers Ro/Ro Landing Vessel To West India Shipping page: 25
- French Naval Ship Installs AIRFILCO Inert Gas Blanketing System page: 25
- Crude Oil Washing Of Cargo Tanks page: 28
- Third Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium Attracts Over 500 Engineers And Enthusiasts page: 30
- Armco Literature Shows How To Use And Inspect Wire Rope Slings page: 32
- MacGregor To Build Stern Slewing Ramps For 'Multiflex' Ships page: 33
- Glacier Metal Details Line Of Ship Bearings page: 33
- Northville To Engineer Pacific Deepwater Port For Panama Government page: 34
- Gotaas-Larsen Names Proes Senior VP-LNG page: 35
- Midland Enterprises Inc. Elects Three Financial Corporate Officers page: 36
- Det Norske Veritas Forms Maritime Advisory Services Department page: 36
- Propulsion Systems Appoints Eagle Marine Sales Representative page: 37
- CAI Loran A Receiver Is 'Instant Positioner' With Advanced Features page: 38
- ASNE San Diego Section Shown Naval Undersea Center's Operations page: 38
- McGrath Appoints McGoldrick Chairman And Field President page: 39
- Sier-Bath Booklet Describes Barge Pump page: 39
- B. Orsi Joins PFEL In Top Management Spot page: 40
- Waukesha Engine Names Lee Acting President page: 40
- Matson Agencies Name M.L. Shafer Senior VP page: 41
- Great Lakes & European Names Merz Manager European Operations page: 41
- State Boat Elects D.S. Miller President page: 42
- Lykes To Use Barges From French Port For New Service To Arabia page: 42
- National Cargo Bureau Names Guam Surveyor page: 42
- Strachan Announces Four Key Promotions page: 43
- Uniflite Inc. Names Hill Vice President page: 43
- Northeast Marine Elects F.X. McQuade President page: 43