McMullen Assoc. Opens Hampton Roads Office —Joseph Bunting Named
John J. McMullen Associates, Inc., naval architects, marine engineers and transportation consultants of One World Trade Center, New York, N.Y. 10048, have announced the opening of a new office located at 2101 Executive Drive, Hampton Roads, Va. 23666.
Designated as the Hampton Roads Operation, this office will provide U.S. shipyards and government agencies with the full range of detailed design and engineering services required for new construction, ship conversions and modifications of commercial and naval vessels.
With the establishment of its Hampton Roads Operation, Mc- Mullen Associates can now offer clients a complete range of technical and consulting services, rang- JSL American-Darling Valve A Division of American Cast Iron Pipe Company P O Box 2727, Birmingham, Alabama 35202 ing from preliminary economic analysis and concept formulation through every phase of design up to and including testing and operational support.
Joseph K. Bunting has been designated as manager of the Hampton Roads Operation. Mr.
Bunting comes to McMullen Associates from Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company, where he was design section manager of the Piping Design Department.
Mr. Bunting has attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and completed various industrial training courses and seminars. During his more than 25 years of experience with Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock, Mr. Bunting has participated in the detailed design of many of the largest commercial and military ships built in the United States.
McMullen Associates is an engineering consulting company which serves the marine transportation industry in areas of naval architecture, marine engineering, transportation economics, and project management.
Other stories from August 15, 1977 issue
- U Of Michigan Adds Naval Architecture- Engineering Facilities page: 4
- Micro Line Systems Apply For Title XI For Ro/Ro Containerships page: 7
- Newest Addition To ACBL Towboat Fleet Named For Texas Gas Transmission President page: 10
- Paul-Munroe Acquires Rucker Marine Systems page: 10
- Flume Stabilization Names Peter Maschke page: 10
- Liaison With Maritime Industry Subject Of Stevens Tech Meeting page: 12
- Hydra lift Skegs page: 14
- Northwest Marine Receives Major Navy Contract page: 16
- Genstar To Purchase Gulf Of Georgia Towing page: 16
- James Dunford Named CDI Vice President page: 17
- Prudential Lines Names Karl Eckhardt VP And General Manager page: 18
- Inert Gas Systems Fitted Aboard Tankers Building At NASSCO page: 20
- Rohr Industries Names Filiciotto And Walsh page: 20
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Converting Two Bulkers Into Ro/Ro Ships page: 21
- Biehl & Company Announces Managerial Promotions In Houston page: 21
- Airfilco Engineering Names John E. Riley VP And Gen'l Manager page: 22
- Three-Day Weather Conference And Exhibit page: 22
- GT&T Announces Management Changes page: 23
- Pott Industries Inc. Becomes HNG Subsidiary page: 24
- Steamco II, Inc. Opens Office In Jacksonville —Whitney Appointed page: 25
- Underwater Acoustic Explorations At The University Of Rhode Island page: 29
- N.C.S. Of Cairo, Egypt Appoints Pouch Terminal page: 29
- McMullen Assoc. Opens Hampton Roads Office —Joseph Bunting Named page: 30
- Charles Hurd Joins Southwest Marine, Inc. page: 30
- Seaworthy Appoints Patrick J. McAllister page: 31
- Prudential Agrees To Sell South American Shipping Operations page: 31
- ABS Forms 18-Member Hong Kong Technical Committee page: 36
- Great Lakes Steamship Division Of Bethlehem Appoints Roy Dobson page: 38
- Edo Western Corp. New Deep Tow Survey System page: 38
- James Moseley Heads Port Of Jacksonville Propeller Club page: 44
- Carter Group Sees Zapata Rig At Work page: 45
- First International Symposium On Computer Aided Hull-Surface Definition page: 46
- Diving And Insurance Symposium Scheduled Nov. 14-15 In New York page: 46
- Equitable Shipyards, Inc. Ships Last Two In Series Of Five 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia page: 49
- Electro-Nav's Fifth Annual Navigation And Communications Exhibit Held In New York page: 49
- Butterworth Systems Relocates Headquarters page: 50
- New Engine Room Simulator To Improve Supertanker Training page: 52
- Ohio River Company Towboat M / V Queen City Receives Nation's Highest Safety Award page: 53
- E.R. Remkes Named President Of C-E Crest, Tulsa Engineering Firm page: 53
- Proceedings Of First N.Y. Port Com-Nav Conference Now On Sale page: 54