Great Lakes Steamship Division Of Bethlehem Appoints Roy Dobson
The appointment of Roy F.
Dobson as manager of Bethlehem Steel Corporation's Great Lakes Steamship Division was announced by Capt. Steven M. Moodie, vice president of the division.
At the same time, Captain Moodie announced that Calvin G.
Durham will succeed Mr. Dobson as assistant manager of the Great Lakes Steamship Division. Mr.
Dobson and Mr. Durham have their headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mr. Dobson is succeeding Capt.
Robert E. Moran, whose retirement has been announced.
Mr. Dobson, a native of Cleveland, has spent his entire career with Bethlehem Steel's Great Lakes Steamship Division. He joined it in 1947 and served until 1960 in various operational phases of the division. He became chief dispatcher that year, and a year later was promoted to assistant manager, operations, the position he held until this promotion.
He is a member of the Lake Carriers Association and is active in DeMolay and the YMCA.
Mr. Durham, a native of Twin Falls, Idaho, joined Bethlehem Steel's Calmar Steamship Corporation in 1964 after serving as a deck officer for various steamship lines. While with Calmar, he held various positions, including chief officer, senior transportation assistant and assistant district agent.
In 1974, he was transferred to the Great Lakes Steamship Division as assistant manager, personnel, the position he held until this promotion.
Mr. Durham spent two years in the U.S. Navy, from November 1957 to November 1959.
Other stories from August 15, 1977 issue
- U Of Michigan Adds Naval Architecture- Engineering Facilities page: 4
- Micro Line Systems Apply For Title XI For Ro/Ro Containerships page: 7
- Newest Addition To ACBL Towboat Fleet Named For Texas Gas Transmission President page: 10
- Paul-Munroe Acquires Rucker Marine Systems page: 10
- Flume Stabilization Names Peter Maschke page: 10
- Liaison With Maritime Industry Subject Of Stevens Tech Meeting page: 12
- Hydra lift Skegs page: 14
- Northwest Marine Receives Major Navy Contract page: 16
- Genstar To Purchase Gulf Of Georgia Towing page: 16
- James Dunford Named CDI Vice President page: 17
- Prudential Lines Names Karl Eckhardt VP And General Manager page: 18
- Inert Gas Systems Fitted Aboard Tankers Building At NASSCO page: 20
- Rohr Industries Names Filiciotto And Walsh page: 20
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Converting Two Bulkers Into Ro/Ro Ships page: 21
- Biehl & Company Announces Managerial Promotions In Houston page: 21
- Airfilco Engineering Names John E. Riley VP And Gen'l Manager page: 22
- Three-Day Weather Conference And Exhibit page: 22
- GT&T Announces Management Changes page: 23
- Pott Industries Inc. Becomes HNG Subsidiary page: 24
- Steamco II, Inc. Opens Office In Jacksonville —Whitney Appointed page: 25
- Underwater Acoustic Explorations At The University Of Rhode Island page: 29
- N.C.S. Of Cairo, Egypt Appoints Pouch Terminal page: 29
- McMullen Assoc. Opens Hampton Roads Office —Joseph Bunting Named page: 30
- Charles Hurd Joins Southwest Marine, Inc. page: 30
- Seaworthy Appoints Patrick J. McAllister page: 31
- Prudential Agrees To Sell South American Shipping Operations page: 31
- ABS Forms 18-Member Hong Kong Technical Committee page: 36
- Great Lakes Steamship Division Of Bethlehem Appoints Roy Dobson page: 38
- Edo Western Corp. New Deep Tow Survey System page: 38
- James Moseley Heads Port Of Jacksonville Propeller Club page: 44
- Carter Group Sees Zapata Rig At Work page: 45
- First International Symposium On Computer Aided Hull-Surface Definition page: 46
- Diving And Insurance Symposium Scheduled Nov. 14-15 In New York page: 46
- Equitable Shipyards, Inc. Ships Last Two In Series Of Five 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia page: 49
- Electro-Nav's Fifth Annual Navigation And Communications Exhibit Held In New York page: 49
- Butterworth Systems Relocates Headquarters page: 50
- New Engine Room Simulator To Improve Supertanker Training page: 52
- Ohio River Company Towboat M / V Queen City Receives Nation's Highest Safety Award page: 53
- E.R. Remkes Named President Of C-E Crest, Tulsa Engineering Firm page: 53
- Proceedings Of First N.Y. Port Com-Nav Conference Now On Sale page: 54