Three-Day Weather Conference And Exhibit
Members of the committee planning the three-day conference and exhibit "Marine Weather and Ocean Systems—Today and Tomorrow," which will be held at the Downtown Athletic Club, New York City, September 14-16, gather around a world globe, symbolizing the international aspects of the atmosphere and oceans of the world, following one of their meetings in New York City recently.
Sponsored by the Maritime Association of the Port of New York, the first comprehensive three-day conference and exhibit to be held in downtown Manhattan will feature panels of individuals from industry and government agencies expert on weather systems and equipment.
The panels will conduct seminars on such subjects as Ship Routing, Currents, Weather Equipment, Harbor and Coastal Weather, Ice, Facsimile, Heavy Weather, and Future Plans.
Exhibits will be on display by internationally renown manufacturers of weather equipment and systems utilized by shipping companies for efficiency of vessel operations and safety of lives and cargo at sea.
Seen above are, left to right: Robert Ragusso, Bendix Marine Science Services; Lawrence W.
Moore, Sea-Land Service, Inc. (conference chairman) ; Armand Bouchard, Alden Electronic & Impulse Recording Co., Inc.; Winfield Sylvester, professor, Rutgers University; Dr. Kirill Chekotillo, Acting Chief Section for Sea and Ocean Affairs, United Nations, and Raymond Yturraspe, Griffith Marine Navigation, Inc. (exhibit chairman).
Other stories from August 15, 1977 issue
- U Of Michigan Adds Naval Architecture- Engineering Facilities page: 4
- Micro Line Systems Apply For Title XI For Ro/Ro Containerships page: 7
- Newest Addition To ACBL Towboat Fleet Named For Texas Gas Transmission President page: 10
- Paul-Munroe Acquires Rucker Marine Systems page: 10
- Flume Stabilization Names Peter Maschke page: 10
- Liaison With Maritime Industry Subject Of Stevens Tech Meeting page: 12
- Hydra lift Skegs page: 14
- Northwest Marine Receives Major Navy Contract page: 16
- Genstar To Purchase Gulf Of Georgia Towing page: 16
- James Dunford Named CDI Vice President page: 17
- Prudential Lines Names Karl Eckhardt VP And General Manager page: 18
- Inert Gas Systems Fitted Aboard Tankers Building At NASSCO page: 20
- Rohr Industries Names Filiciotto And Walsh page: 20
- Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Converting Two Bulkers Into Ro/Ro Ships page: 21
- Biehl & Company Announces Managerial Promotions In Houston page: 21
- Airfilco Engineering Names John E. Riley VP And Gen'l Manager page: 22
- Three-Day Weather Conference And Exhibit page: 22
- GT&T Announces Management Changes page: 23
- Pott Industries Inc. Becomes HNG Subsidiary page: 24
- Steamco II, Inc. Opens Office In Jacksonville —Whitney Appointed page: 25
- Underwater Acoustic Explorations At The University Of Rhode Island page: 29
- N.C.S. Of Cairo, Egypt Appoints Pouch Terminal page: 29
- McMullen Assoc. Opens Hampton Roads Office —Joseph Bunting Named page: 30
- Charles Hurd Joins Southwest Marine, Inc. page: 30
- Seaworthy Appoints Patrick J. McAllister page: 31
- Prudential Agrees To Sell South American Shipping Operations page: 31
- ABS Forms 18-Member Hong Kong Technical Committee page: 36
- Great Lakes Steamship Division Of Bethlehem Appoints Roy Dobson page: 38
- Edo Western Corp. New Deep Tow Survey System page: 38
- James Moseley Heads Port Of Jacksonville Propeller Club page: 44
- Carter Group Sees Zapata Rig At Work page: 45
- First International Symposium On Computer Aided Hull-Surface Definition page: 46
- Diving And Insurance Symposium Scheduled Nov. 14-15 In New York page: 46
- Equitable Shipyards, Inc. Ships Last Two In Series Of Five 95-Foot Tugs To Indonesia page: 49
- Electro-Nav's Fifth Annual Navigation And Communications Exhibit Held In New York page: 49
- Butterworth Systems Relocates Headquarters page: 50
- New Engine Room Simulator To Improve Supertanker Training page: 52
- Ohio River Company Towboat M / V Queen City Receives Nation's Highest Safety Award page: 53
- E.R. Remkes Named President Of C-E Crest, Tulsa Engineering Firm page: 53
- Proceedings Of First N.Y. Port Com-Nav Conference Now On Sale page: 54